Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       07-03-2011, 3:47 AM Reply   
I just picked up a 91 Barefoot Nautique that has a Perfect Pass Cruise (2 inch gauge on dash without LCD screen that runs off RPM). I am trying to figure out how it works, I can't seem to get it to hold anything reasonable around wakeboard speed.

I cannot find an owners manual anywhere either, so I wanted to ask real quick if anyone has had experience with this older version of PP. I would like to know which each button does, how long to press each button for certain operations, etc.

I am also curious to know if I can add the paddle wheel to this system? I was told I could, but not quite sure yet.

Thanks,

Grant
Old     (tx_foilhead)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-03-2011, 6:02 AM Reply   
Had one on my last boat, it's real simple all it does is hold RPM's. If I remember correctly you hit th on button with the boat running, light should flash I think. Once your up to speed hit the set button and it should hold and the light should go stop blinking. You can then bump it up and down in 25 RPM increments with the buttons. After that it will return to where it was set until you turn the boat off. You do need to try and hit your speed about right when you pick up a rider and it should beep once it takes control. I think it can hold anything above 1500 RPM's.

I've got an Excel, same boat as you, with a small block and an open bow. We usually run in RPM mode because it's smoother and I haven't found a KDW setting on the Stargazer that does better. 19 to 22 mph is very close RPM wise and the it starts to even out to 1 MPH for every 100 RPM's up to a out 30 as the hull gets up out of the water. With the torque of a big block you shouldn't have any issues with it holding speed.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-03-2011, 6:08 AM Reply   
sounds exactly like moomba cruise
Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       07-03-2011, 9:36 AM Reply   
Ok, thanks for the info D. I'm trying to get out on the boat today and I will give it another shot.