Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-20-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
I'm really not in the market for a boat but if the right one comes up I will look at it. I have not been on or behind any of these boats and see quite a bit of posts about them. I would like some opinions of this boat that is for sale really close to my home. I know the space is really tight and once you load it down with weight you have no room. I'm looking for some pictures of these boats weighted down and the towers that have been put on them. I have not talked with this person yet but it seems to be a pretty fair deal.
FROM THE SELLER:
This boat is 19' long with 357 Hours on it. Runs great with a like-new interior... no rips, stains..VERY CLEAN! No damage on hull. There are new tires on the trailer. It does not have an open bow. The $8,900 price includes the trailer in the deal! This is a sweet buy! If you're looking for a nice boat at a good price- Come by and check it.
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-20-2007, 7:24 PM Reply   
Looks really clean. The interior issue isnt that bad if you know where to put the weight. I do something that I haven't seen anyone else do. I put a bag in front of the drivers seat. The bag gives the drive less leg room, but is a nice leg rest actually. I then put another bag under the rear seats. 700lbs of ballast almost completely hidden. I also then cram 9 people into the boat to get a wake that is pretty awesome.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-20-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
That's a good price if it's as advertised. I like the colors too.

Here is a few pics with a tower.

Upload
Upload

With the necessary weight these boats are a little sparse on the room. However, as a strictly wakeboat you will never beat the price to wake ratio.

Look to spend another 3-4K to get it like my old boat in the picture. But remember, this boat will hold its value like no other.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-20-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
Looks really clean. I would jump on it pending an in person inspection. I had an 86 with a CC Flight control tower, perfect pass, acme 542 prop, and about 500 on each side of the engine, 300 or so behind the engine, and some sand bags up front. The wake was great and I would put less to no weight in the back of the boat with more people. I think the boat is still in my profile. Check the floors and stringers really well.
Old     (technarider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-20-2007, 11:40 PM Reply   
1984... 2001.. but has a tower Upload
Upload
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-21-2007, 2:44 AM Reply   
89 was the last and best year for those boats. That's also a good price for the condition of the boat. I would buy it if that's what I was looking to spend. Hurry though because that wont last long for that price.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-21-2007, 4:28 AM Reply   
If you've a 15k budget, those are the boats to go for if you want a 100% wakeboard boat. With 1000lbs, a tower and perfect pass these boats are a real steal for wake/price ratio.
Don't wory about space, there is enough room for 5 people if you put a tower onto it and some board racks.
Old     (nbeihl)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-21-2007, 4:35 AM Reply   
Someone must have put some fiberglass work into that boat. I have never seen a 1989 2001 with a single exhaust port. Usually they have two exhaust ports. Is that some aftermarket work or did mastercraft do that on a few boats?
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-21-2007, 4:45 AM Reply   
89s only have one exhaust. Prior to 86, dual exhaust.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-21-2007, 5:47 AM Reply   
Nope lots of Nauti's have single including newer ones.
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-21-2007, 6:37 AM Reply   
The 89 was the first year with the single exhaust. 88 and older had two
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-21-2007, 6:44 AM Reply   
Here's some pics of the interior:

3 sacs surrounding the engine compartment, plus 2-300lbs. in the front. Monster tower w/racks gets the boards out of the way.
Upload
Upload

You can also put just two sacs on either side of the engine and get a REALLY nice wake...
Upload

And who cares about space when you get a wake like this?!?!?! With 2000lbs. and the right prop, you won't come anywhere close to beating this wake at this price (or at a much higher price for that matter).
Upload
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-21-2007, 6:50 AM Reply   
89 was the only year of the 2001 hull that has single outlet exhaust, all earlier boats have dual. CC installed a large muffler on the back of the engine to quiet it down after 1988. The only CCs I've seen that have dual exhaust since 1988 all had BBs.

$8900 is a good price for what looks like a very clean 89. The trailer in not original and interior doesn't look original either. Judging from the boat's color scheme it should have a black main stripe and red secondary on all seats and engine box.

Here is a good writeup on purchasing an older nautique:
http://www.planetnautique.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PostWrap&file=index&pa ge=http://www.planetnautique.com/CorrectCraftManuals/2001.htm

I run a pair of 400# sacks beside the engine box and with 4-5 ppl the wake is more than enough for my skill level....as good as or better than any stock wakeboat I've ridden behind. Its just shy of knee high on me and I'm 6'. I plan to put a little extra weight in the nose and then keep a small sac onboard for behind the engine when we only have 2-3 in the boat. The side sacs are not that bad to deal with, even with lots of folks onboard. Here is a pic.

Upload
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-21-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
Everybody ~~ Thanks for all the posts with the pictures and advice. I have been told to check to stringers but had really do idea how to until I read the link that Ryan has posted. I might just see if the seller will meet me at a lake and test the boat out. He might think I'm kind of weird having my own tools and tinkering around the engine on the floor boards. Did you guy's install the towers yourself or have a shop do it?