Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-04-2012, 6:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
I don't think I ever said that. Show me the post. I've always HOPED we could take the division... still do. Never said it would happen.

If you really wanna start a list of things people said in this thread that have been clearly proven wrong over the course of the season, I think you're gonna find your own name at the top of it.
By far the best post on this year's NFL Smack Talking Thread.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-04-2012, 6:09 PM Reply   
As usual i got the most picks right again!!!!! Only 3 games 23% wrong.A proven winner week after week!!!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-04-2012, 7:08 PM Reply   
Too bad your wrong about most everything else!
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-05-2012, 10:48 AM Reply   
Challange yourself and pick with the line! If you are going pick um, you have to hit them all to collect and be a winner!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-05-2012, 7:48 PM Reply   
Browner is down on the bench for the next four games.Dec 14th the NFL will hear Sherman's appeal.Can you say light em up!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing could be sweeter than suspending a CHEATER!!!!! How's that for some SMACK TALKING?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-05-2012, 8:48 PM Reply   
In my opinion Browner's loss probably won't hurt the Seahawks too bad. Not because he isn't a pro bowl level corner but because we have really good depth at the position and we don't play a single team in the last 4 weeks that scare me as far as passing attack goes. We get Arizona and Skelton at home. You shut down Fitz you are golden. Then we have a crappy Buffalo team in Toronto. They have stevie Johnson and not much else besides running backs out of the backfield and Harvard isn't that great. SF, with Cap and crappy weather at the Clink doesn't worry me through the air. ST Louis same thing. The defense needs to step up and stop the run though. Gore, Jackson/Spiller and Steven Jackson worry me some although again 3 of the games are at home and the only road game is against a poor team in Buffalo.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-05-2012, 9:06 PM Reply   
Light em up??? With the way our schedule plays out and with Thurmond stepping in? Once again you prove you don't understand the game.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-06-2012, 4:03 AM Reply   
WEEK 14 PICKS

THURSDAY NIGHT GAME

DEN @ OAK - I'll take Peyton and the Bronco's to win!

I'll pick the rest of the games tonight.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-06-2012, 5:56 PM Reply   
SUNDAY @1:00

STL @ BUF- It will be cold and the running game will be at a premium.I'll take Buffalo at home.
ATL @ CAR - Falcons will win this one.
DAL @ CIN -This should be a good game.I'll take the COWBOYS on the road.
KC @ CLE -Emotions are over and Cleveland wins this one with balanced offense and good defense.
TEN @ IND - Luck wins this one and proves why he's the leading ROY candidate.
NYJ @ JAC- Sanchez has his bounce back game and Jets win.
CHI @ MIN - The Bears will get healthy with this win,but AP will get his yards
SD @ PIT -The final nail in the coffin for NORV TURNER.Steelers win.
PHI @ TB - I'll take the Bucs in this one.
BAL @ WAS - I think Flacco will bounce back in this one and Ravens win in a close one.

SUNDAY @ 4:00

MIA @ SF - 49ers bounce back at home.49ers win.
NO @ NYG - Giants must win this one to stay alive. It could go either way,but i'll take the Giants defense to win this one as Brees is turnover prone under pressure.
ARI @ SEA - This may be Seattle's last chance to win a game,Browner sitting and Sherman on deck to sit.Hawks may squeak this one out at home.

SUNDAY NIGHT @ 8:30

DET @ GB -Another game that could go either way.I'll take the Packers at HOME.

MONDAY NIGHT @ 8:30

HOU @ NE- I'll take the Texans in a surprise win over the Patriots.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-07-2012, 8:35 AM Reply   
Az @ Sea - Sea

Miami @ San Fran - San Fran

Stl @ Buff - Buff

So glad the Hawks are at home this week....
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-09-2012, 4:32 PM Reply   
boom, Hawks destroy.

Bobby, nice comeback again by your cowgirls.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-09-2012, 6:59 PM Reply   
Destroy might not be a strong enough word.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-09-2012, 7:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Destroy might not be a strong enough word.
I think i called it with squeak one out.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-10-2012, 7:53 AM Reply   
Can't give you the seahawks pick "may" is not decisive enough.

Sherman is getting Hus mkneys worth before his suspension. 2 INT's, 1 fumble recovery, 1 TD and he and Thurmond shutdown Fitz
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-10-2012, 9:21 AM Reply   
Very impressive by the seahawks but come on John Skealton is the worst qb in the NFL. I feel sorry for Fitzgerald. He should come play for the niners
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-10-2012, 10:57 AM Reply   
Skelton is garbage and I do feel bad for Fitz. But that team laid down completely yesterday. No group of "professionals" should ever phone it in like that. Crazy.

That said, it was really cool to see Thurmond make such an impact early coming in for Browner. We are so deep at Corner, it's ridiculous. I, for one, will seriously miss Sherm when he gets suspended (yes, I believe he will lose the appeal) but I'm actually pretty confident that our secondary will remain one of the strongest in the league.
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-10-2012, 11:28 AM Reply   
It will
be cold in Buffalo,as well as Toronto.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-10-2012, 12:00 PM Reply   
Just got my Christmas gift early. I was going to be in an airplane during the Niners-Seahawks game. Now they have moved it to a 5:30 start and I will be able to watch the game while drinking some mai tais. Just hope the niners win this week and the Packers somehow lose and I will be feeling better because I will say the Seahawks do look good.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-10-2012, 4:39 PM Reply   
You realize that they will be playing in a dome in Toronto right Robert?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogers_Centre
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-10-2012, 4:41 PM Reply   
You're one lucky dude there Mike. You and I both know that's gonna be a huge game! I'd die if I had to miss it.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-10-2012, 4:56 PM Reply   
I am flying to Detroit and would of missed the Seattle/SF game as well. So glad they moved it. If Seattle beats Buffalo and SF loses at NE next week then the Clink is going to be absolutely ridiculous for the SF/Seattle game. It is going to be insanely loud.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-10-2012, 6:38 PM Reply   
The way NE is playing right now, it's tough to imagine anyone beating them. They haven't lost since... the SEAHAWKS BEAT THEM! That Sunday night game at the Clink is gonna be epic. With Monday off for Christmas eve, the 12th man is gonna be louder than ever. My seats are in section 120. Can't. Wait.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-11-2012, 6:29 AM Reply   
Rich

Need two tickets for that one...
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-11-2012, 7:58 AM Reply   
That one's gonna be a little tough. I'll see what I can do.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-11-2012, 8:42 AM Reply   
Hey Bobby. Remember how you have been talking smack about the seahawks D and at the beginning of the year I said they would have a top 5 defense along with SF and you laughed. In yards per game SF is 2nd and Seattle is 3rd. In points per game SF is #1 and Seattle is #2. Seattle is also tied for 6th most Takeaways. Seattle also finishes playing against 3 less then stellar offenses, 2 of which are at home. I don't see any way that Seattle's D doesn't finish in the top 3 in yards/game or points/game and will probably finish top 5-10 in takeaways. Right now Seattle and SF have the best all around D's in the league if based off of the 3 key statistics which are yards/game, points/game and takeaways.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-11-2012, 8:58 AM Reply   
Alot of yards can happen in one game and even more in 3 games.Look at what Carolina did to Atlanta and San Diego did to THE STEELERS.Remember your losing another corner soon.Don't count your chickens.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-11-2012, 9:34 AM Reply   
I don't think Sherman is going to be gone at all this year, including the playoffs. He is hiring his own attorney to fight the suspension. I have a feeling he is doing what he can to delay the decision to the start of next season. He would rather miss the first 4 games of next season instead of anything in the playoffs this year. Again, we play a crappy bills team in Toronto, a mediocre SF offense at home(the crowd could easily get to Cap plus our defense practices against the zone read so we should have a good chance of stopping or slowing it down) and a mediocre at best St Louis offense at home. Also, every game left has major significance considering we are playing for a division title and potentially a first round bye.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-11-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
Let's hope the bubble doesn't burst.No telling how long it would take you guys to recover.Remember the season is young,alot can happen in three games.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-11-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
I don't want to be pessimistic but I am very concerned about the niners. If thing continue we are going to be one and done in the playoffs. I heard an interview with Crabtree last night and he said the change at QB has been a very difficult adjustment. I think Kap is a better player then Smith and I agree with the replacement. But the team does not feel like it is building momentum for a big late push. Teams like the Giants and Pats (and maybe the Hawks but sorry the Cardinal's game doesn't count) are making that push. I guess the next two games will tell a lot. I will be there cheering them on but if things don't change I am not expecting much.
Our defense needs to force some freaking turnovers!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-11-2012, 5:16 PM Reply   
Bobby, what in the last 13 games would you point to that would make you think the Hawks D is all of the sudden fall apart? They've consistenly been at or near the top all year.

Quote:
maybe the Hawks but sorry the Cardinal's game doesn't count
I'd be inclined to agree Mike if it wan't such a crushing victory but they destroyed them. So much so the national media is whining about us running up the score.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-11-2012, 6:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Bobby, what in the last 13 games would you point to that would make you think the Hawks D is all of the sudden fall apart? They've consistenly been at or near the top all year.

I'd be inclined to agree Mike if it wan't such a crushing victory but they destroyed them. So much so the national media is whining about us running up the score.
The two ALL PRO CHEATERS. 4 game suspension Sherman is currently dodging.He'll be gone after Buffalo for sure.Then we will see how good they are missing Two Starters. Other teams have passed the test,but i doubt the Seahawks have what it takes to win missing Two Good starters,especially against the Mediocre offenses at the end of their schedule.Like i said before,Can you say light em up!
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-11-2012, 8:47 PM Reply   
You sir, are insane. Or, and this is equally as likely, you're just reaching for anything you can to keep insulting the Hawks.

You do realize that Thurmond was the starter before Sherm & Browner got there and he got injured, right? It's not like the dude is weak... he's faster than Browner. He may be a little less consistent, especially in his tackling, but dude is a top notch Corner. We're seriously still in great shape there. And Sherm has a legal team now. It could literally be months before anything happens at all. And if we do lose him? Still got Lane and Maxwell. Like I said earlier... deep.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-12-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
As has been stated before we're deeper at corner than your crush on Romo. I know you're vertically challenged but that is a reach even for you. The only solice I take in your consistently absurd statements is that they have routinely been proved wrong. The funny thing is that I know you don't even believe the drivel you post.

So to be clear the amazing play of our corners is what you are pointing to in the last 13 games as harbinger of bad play to come?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-12-2012, 5:07 PM Reply   
Keep blowing up the balloon.When it pops it will make a loud noise.
Old     (cragrat)      Join Date: Mar 2012       12-13-2012, 11:04 AM Reply   
Old Guy Predictions:

Thursday
Bengals @ Eagles: AJ Green dominates, Bengals big

Sunday
Giants @ Falcons: It's December. Giants 31-17
Broncos @ Ravens: Baltimore has numerous issues, Broncos on a roll. Denver 30 -13
Packers @ Bears: Close game... Cutler will choke. Green Bay 28 - 27
Redskins @ Browns: RGIII questionable, Trent Richardson rolls: Cleveland 24 - 16
Colts @ Texans: Houston bounces back 28 - 10
Jaguars @ The Fish: Snoozer. Miami 27 - 9
Bucs @ Saints: Close, tough game. Fun to watch. Brees wins 24 - 20
Vikings & Rams: St. Louis' defense over rated. Adrian cruises. Minnesota 31 - 16
Lions @ Cardinals: Detroit plays for draft picks. Arizona 17 - 14
Seagully's @ Bills: I hate Seattle. Hawks 30 - 16
Panthers @ Bolts: Both have a lot to prove. Chargers 27 - 24
Steelers @ Cowboys: I hate them BOTH. Pittsburgh 22 - 21
Chiefs @ Raiders: Anybody need a nap? KC 23 - 10
Niners @ Patriots: Total domination. New England 38 - 17

Monday Night
Jets @ Titans: Is Dancing With The Stars still on? Tennessee 24 - 9

May have picked too many road teams... but what the heck...
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-13-2012, 3:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Keep blowing up the balloon.When it pops it will make a loud noise.
We're Seahawks fans... History has taught us to hope for the best but anticipate the worst. Still though, we're not children and loud noises don't scare us.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-13-2012, 5:58 PM Reply   
THURSDAY NIGHT

CIN@PHI - BENGALS with balance.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-14-2012, 6:13 AM Reply   
Hawks - Buff - Hawks dominate!
Lions @ St Louis - Rams
Niners @ New England - Brady makes San Frans D look like swiss cheese.
Minn @ Cards - AP has a field day
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-14-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
Rams play the Vikings...
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-14-2012, 9:38 AM Reply   
Dave, your rams killed us. If the niners could have just won one of those games they would be sitting pretty for the 2 seed and I wouldn't have this stress. As it stands I think the pack will lose one of their last three because I don't really think they are that strong. But that means the niners have to win two of their final three games to get the 2 seed. That doesn't seem too tough but the schedule is so rough I can see it not happening. Stupid rams could have made these games just fun to watch if they would have just laid down like they were supposed to.
One thing to watch in the Sunday night game. As good as the niners defense has been this year. The slot receiver has really hurt them. Victor Cruz and Almadola (probably butchard his name) have really hurt the niners. Seeing how I believe Willis and Bowman can match up with the tightends I think the key match up will be Welker vs Carlos Rogers. And I am not gonna lie I don't like that match up.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-14-2012, 9:46 AM Reply   
I think the Pats are going to expose a lot if weaknesses of the 49ers this week. Now that teams have studied Kapernik, he's going to start making more rookie mistakes. I believe the switch from Alex Smith will prove to a failure. I wish the Niners had someone other than the cardinals for their last game cuz I can see them losing the next two and if they could just drop three in a row and the Rams win out, we'd get the tiebreaker!

Other than that, I love the fact that if the Rams win out they will finish no lower than the eighth seed and with a couple of additional losses by other teams, they could make the playoffs!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-14-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
Sunday
Giants @ Falcons: picke em game. Falcons are at home so I'll take them plus they are off a tough loss.
Broncos @ Ravens: Broncos are playing to damn well to pick against them. Broncos
Packers @ Bears: Bears have to get off the shnide but the Packers prove to be too much. Packers
Redskins @ Browns: Browns win this one at home.
Colts @ Texans: Houston off a stinging loss at home. Watts gets to Luck 3 times. Texans by 13
Jaguars @ Fins: Dolphins in a pretty easy one.
Bucs @ Saints: Saints in an absolute must win here and at home. Saints by 14
Vikings & Rams: Vikings are playing well and St Louis cant seem to get up for non conference games. Vikings
Lions @ Cardinals: Cardinals have to bounce back here
Seagully's @ Bills: Hawks in an only slightly closer game than the Cardinals game
Panthers @ Bolts: Chargers are always tough in December. Chargers
Steelers @ Cowboys: I hate the Steelers but I have nothing but I virtually misanthropic towards the Cowgirlies so I'll be rooting for Steelers here. Steelers
Chiefs @ Raiders: High scoring, no defense, hmm....I'll take the Raiders
Niners @ Patriots: Its been a decade since Brady lost at home in December, the trend continues. Pats

Monday Night
Jets @ Titans: tough one but I'll take the Jets. They amazingly still have something to play for.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-14-2012, 10:24 AM Reply   
Dammit!

I really need to cut down on the RockStar in the mornings...

I'll take Rams over Vikings and Lions over Cardinals...
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-14-2012, 1:27 PM Reply   
Well, I guess we get to test how deep we really are in the secondary. Walter Thurmond has been ruled out for this weekend with a tweaked hamstring. Such a talented kid, but one of the most injury prone players I've ever heard of.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-14-2012, 1:37 PM Reply   
There is no way the Rams are making the playoffs. Although in two years or even next year they could be scary. I am still not sold on Bradford as a legit QB. But as niners have proved your QB doesn't have to be amazing, just servicable if you have a great defense.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-14-2012, 5:28 PM Reply   
WEEK 15 PICKS

SUNDAY @ 1:00

WAS @ CLE - I'll take the Browns at home.I don't think RGIII will be 100%.
IND @ HOU - Texans at home are hard to beat.Colts may win the next one in Indy.Texans win this one.
JAC @ MIA - Dolphins win.
MIN @ STL - Tough one but i'll take the Rams at home.I think Ponder will struggle again.
TB @ NO - The Bucs should prove too much for the Saints D.Brees will be pressing again and have turnovers.Bucs win!
NYG @ ATL - This one could go either way.I can see either team winning,but if i have to choose i'll take the Falcons to win at home.
GB @ CHI - Have to give the edge to the Packers,but i could see the Bears winning.Coin toss..........flip........I'll take the Packers.

DET @ ARI - Lions win one on the road.
SEA @ BUF - Can you say light em up. The Bills circle the wagons and shoot down the Hawks.BILLS WIN!!!!!
KC @ OAK - A bye week for the Chiefs so they get the win by default.
PIT @ DAL -Steelers should be mad after getting crushed by the Chargers.Dallas is coming off a emotional road win.Cowboys win at home and tie Giants for NFC east lead.

SUNDAY @ 8:20

SF @ NE - This is another good one that could go either way.I'll play the odds and take the Patriots at home.

MONDAY @ 8:20

NYJ @ TEN - Jets should win this one.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-14-2012, 6:31 PM Reply   
OOPS i missed a few games

SUNDAY @1:00

DEN @ BAL - Broncos win this one against a beat up Baltimore team.

CAR @ SD - I'll take the Chargers at home in this one.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-14-2012, 8:32 PM Reply   
I haven't really been playing the pick-em game... but I'm actually kinda stressed out about the stupid Bills trap game this weekend, not to mention doing my best to ignore evil a-holes senselessly killing folks out in the world... so I guess I'll throw my own predictions into the ring for this weekends games and see how I do.

Sunday
Giants @ Falcons: Giants. They've played a tougher schedule and are the stronger team. Plus, they tend to step up this time of year.
Broncos @ Ravens: Broncos w/Peyton are stronger.
Packers @ Bears: CheeseHeads rejoice. Bears keep slipping.
Redskins @ Browns: Tough one. Still don't know if RGIII is playing. But if he is, he'll be passing from the pocket and not running on that sore knee... but he'll likely still do that pretty well. I think the Skins are the better team, but feel like the Browns are gonna pull it out at home.
Colts @ Texans: Colts have had a nothing schedule. Completely overrated and the Texans will want to recover from the Brady beatdown.
Jaguars @ Dolphins: Dolphins in a walk.
Bucs @ Saints: Both teams kinda stink. But the Bucs stink less. The only part of this that throws me off is the bountygate absolution... I feel like the Saints may be a little energized. Still, going with my initial feelings... Bucs win.
Vikings & Rams: AP goes off as usual, but no passing means no winning. Rams keep building.
Lions @ Cardinals: pshhh, poor Cards... Lions.
Seahawks @ Bills: I'm unusually nervous about this away trap game. CJ Spiller is a stud and my Hawks have some banged up guys. Should be 10 pt Hawks victory, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it closer.
Panthers @ Bolts: Chargers at home I guess. Though Cam could have something to say about it.
Steelers @ Cowboys: Boys keep falling into wins. Steelers just got embarrassed. Dez plays okay through the injury, but not great. Steelers.
Chiefs @ Raiders: Boring. Raiders
Niners @ Patriots: PATS!!

Monday Night
Jets @ Titans: Who really cares... but yeah, Titans.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-16-2012, 1:59 PM Reply   
Offensive Juggernaut and Wilson=ROY
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-16-2012, 5:34 PM Reply   
I think when the Bills circled the wagons,the wheels fell off.LOL Aren't you glad i picked the Bills?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-16-2012, 5:46 PM Reply   
Nice come back once again Bobby. Your cowboys(they are playing themselves out of the cowgirls title) are playing good ball and showing great fight till the end of the game. I must say as much as I hate the cowboys Dez Bryant is a huge reason I made the playoffs in my 2 fantasy leagues and Dez and Murray are a huge reason I won this week and will be heading to the championship in that league. Dez is a freaking baller and it is nice to see him playing to his abilities and not acting like a knucklehead.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-16-2012, 9:10 PM Reply   
Man! I was dead wrong all over the place. Especially wrong to be nervous about that game in Toronto! Pats let us down big time. Big statement game next Sunday night!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-17-2012, 4:29 AM Reply   
To me the biggest statement game Sunday was Atlanta shutting out the Giants.The best performance Sunday was Tony Romo,the only QB this year to throw for 300 + yards[341 yards 2 td's] against the Steelers.They had the #1 defense in the league.He now has 22 TD's 16 int's and 4269 yards so far this season.Another impressive performance was the 49ers coming back and winning on the road in terrible conditions.They led by 28 points in the 3rd quarter,let the Patriots come back and tie the game and still won by 10 points.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-17-2012, 6:22 AM Reply   
One thing I noticed last night, Brady's pace flat whore out the Niner's D. Wonder what Pete and co are planning for them this week?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-17-2012, 8:11 AM Reply   
Cliff, I heard something this last week that the starting defensive players for SF have played more snaps than any other starting defense in the league. I definately think they are starting to feel the affects of that and can be wore down. I am hoping we pick up the pace a little like we have started to. Also, if we can have a balanced attack and keep them guessing with the zone read we could find some success. It will be interesting to see if either team has success with the zone read since both defenses practice against it. Could be an epic game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg723aHPUSw
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       12-17-2012, 9:13 AM Reply   
How bout them 9ers!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-17-2012, 2:10 PM Reply   
Niners goin down next week! Well I'm hoping anyway! Go Seahawks!! Looks like they are gonna end up at least 10-6. What now haters???
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-17-2012, 2:11 PM Reply   
I don't even know where to start with that game. Huge win but that comeback was tough to stomach. In the long run I think the comeback will actually help the niners because they were still able to hold on and will realize that they still need to work on some things. Kap is definately an upgrade over smith and they finally opened up the offense with some long throws. The defense played great in the first half but wore down in the second half. The niners just do not sub on defense and that is tough against a team that has the kind of pace as the pats especailly in that cold weather. Luckily the only teams that I see that can operate efficiently at that pace are the Pats and the Broncos. And if they are playing either of those teams it will be in the super bowl.

I sure wish the Bears could have beat the pack. It would have made this game against the Hawks basically meaningless. I still think the niners could get the 2 seed even with a loss. Because the Pack need to go to the Vikings for the final game. And the Vikings should be fighting for a play off spot. And honestly the Pack do not look that impressive lately.

I think it would be a mistake for the Hawks to try and speed things up. I think Brady is a master at it and as good as Wilson played I don't think he is at that level. I am more concerned about the option and Lynch. Lynch is a monster and always gives the niners a tough game. Kap and Gore are going to have to come up big. Also if Justin Smith is hurt that will be a major blow.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-17-2012, 3:02 PM Reply   
Wow, the Seahawks have turned it on....

BRONCOS!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-17-2012, 3:09 PM Reply   
I know this is a smack thread but I usually just analyze. But I will take one shot at the seahawks. I do like how they have built their team with physical play. But what was up with that fake punt when you are up 30!

Stay classy Seattle!!!
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-17-2012, 3:17 PM Reply   
I actually texted some of my friends at that moment and griped too... "A fake punt NOW?!?"

But looking back, I don't think it's nearly as big a deal as folks are making it out to be. Pete said it was a built in play if the Bills lined up against the punt in a particular formation and that he simply forgot to remove that from the gameplan. I can buy that.

I think another possibility though, might be to show that to the rest of the league so they have to game plan for it. You never know. But he definitely wasn't trying to "run up the score" as so many people are suggesting... I mean really, they scored a whopping 3 points in the 4th quarter. That's not exactly piling it on folks.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-17-2012, 10:42 PM Reply   
Pete carroll is a giant tool bag. He bitched about harbaugh going for 2 when stanford was well ahead of usc back in the day, and now here he is running trick plays, and going for it on 4th down in the last two games?! What a deusche. I dont care that teams run up the score by playing the passing and running game, but trick plays? Really? Deusche.

I might have to eat crow on my original opinions of kapernick. Very few mistakes, and last nights game i think he made a statement about playing good when it counts the most.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-17-2012, 11:01 PM Reply   
Sorry man. Couldn't resist.
Attached Images

Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-18-2012, 8:46 AM Reply   
I thought one of the classiest moves of the niners season was against the Jets when the niners were up 34-0 and in the final seconds Kap could have scored an easy touch down but ran all the way to the one yard line and took a knee.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-20-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
I wonder if opponents see it the same way?
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-20-2012, 11:51 AM Reply   
So you think it would have been better for him to score? Don't understand that one.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-20-2012, 1:15 PM Reply   
Hahaha Rich! Whatever.
Do you think he is a hypocrite? I still think he is a deuche. Is that better?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-20-2012, 2:29 PM Reply   
For the most part, I don't have a problem with coach's running up the score. These guys are paid to play at the highest level and they should do that at all points of a game. With that being said, Pete C. (or any coach) will have to accept the responsibility of his QB being cheap-shotted and possibly injured in retaliation for doing it.

But Pete Carroll is still a douche even when not running up the score.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-20-2012, 4:48 PM Reply   
I am shocked not more talk about this huge game. I think this game is much bigger for the niners then the Hawks. The Hawks are not winning the division and are going on the road in the play offs. For the Niners that second seed is so important. Extra week of rest and get to play pack probably at home instead of on the road. Both these teams are making the playoffs but it is much easier to play at home and not have to play the extra game. Come on niners!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-20-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
So you think it would have been better for him to score? Don't understand that one.
I could imagine an opponent seeing it as taking pitty on them. Kind of a damned if you, damned if you don't scenario. He was probably more just wanting to allow the clock to keep running.

Quote:
The Hawks are not winning the division and are going on the road in the play offs
Not so fast there bub. If we win Sunday night (I think we will) and you guys lose the following Sunday to AZ (very unlikely) then we win the division.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-20-2012, 6:11 PM Reply   
WEEK 16 PICKS:

Saturday at 8:30 pm

ATL @ DET - Dome team vs Dome team. I'll take the Falcons to win this one.

SUNDAY @ 1:00 PM

OAK @ CAR - Panthers and Cam handle the Raiders easily.
NO @ DAL - This should be a high scoring affair.I'll take the home team in this one, Cowboys win.
TEN @ GB - PACKERS at home win this one.
MIN @HOU- I think A. P. will get his yards,but Ponder will get pounded.Texans win at home.
NE @ JAC- Looks like a bye week for the Patriots.Pats pound and ground the Jags.
IND @ KC- Colts win.
BUF @ MIA -Who cares? I'll take the Dolphins.
SD @ NYJ -Who cares II? Jets in a low scoring affair.
WAS @ PHI - Redskins finish off Andy Reid.
CIN @ PIT - Bengals upset Big Ben.Steelers lose and get knocked out of the playoffs.
STL @ TB - Bradford gets to shine against one of the worst secondaries in the league. Rams win!
CLE @ DEN - Broncos at home.

SUNDAY @ 4:00 PM

CHI @ ARI - Da Bears on the comeback trail.Chicago wins!
NYG @ BAL- These two looked awful last week but at least the ravens scored some points.Ravens win at home.

SUNDAY @ 8:20

THE GAME OF THE WEEK

We have all been waiting for this one!!!!!!

SF @ SEA- 49ers win on the road.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-20-2012, 7:08 PM Reply   
I think it's a massive game for both teams. For the 9ers, it does have seeding implications.
(Technically, it still has division implications as well. If Seattle wins, and then the 9ers drop their last game, the Hawks take the division. But I don't think anyone thinks the 9ers are gonna lose to the Cardinals.)
For the Hawks, it's a statement game for sure. We are a vastly improved team over where we were when we lost the squeaker in the bay earlier this year. The scary part is that I think the 9ers have improved since then as well. Right now, there's no guarantee that the Seahawks make the playoffs... but a win Sunday does cement it... so that's big. No one wants to take it to the last game of the season and risk losing to the Rams. Even that wouldn't automatically exclude us from the postseason, but it almost does.
Anyway... with our issues in the secondary, and more and more injuries every day... Jason Jones went on the IR today, Trufant, Thurmond, Carpenter who was our best guard and 3rd best lineman, Red Bryant, Alan Branch... ugh. Scary.

I'm definitely HYPED for the game. Just got my new Mebane jersey in the mail and I'll be sporting it proudly on Sunday.

As for the hypocrite question on Carroll. No. I really don't. The Cards game was just getting second stringers some real world reps. People gripe about letting Flynn go for the endzone, but the fact is that they could have kicked a FG there... and doing so would have given them the biggest shutout win in NFL history. Instead, he let his backup loosen up his arm. I like that decision, and I think it actually shows restraint.

The Bills game was different. But the same. He wasn't running up the score. Again, they put up 3 whole points in the 4th. Maybe he was sending a message to Harbaugh... maybe it really was a set play that they didn't "turn off". Either way, I don't have a problem with it. Carroll is a polarizing guy though... I get it that people think the worst and don't like him. I, for one, love his enthusiasm.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-21-2012, 9:42 AM Reply   
I love you Seattle guys optimism but the chances for the division are gone. Those blew up when the niners beat the Pats last week. I think niners will win the game this week because I think they are the best team in the league. Saying that Seattle is tough and I could see the niners losing but there is no way the niners are losing both of the last two games.

Hate, I think you are blinded by your Seattle love. I guess Kap should have stopped at the one so we could set up the fake field goal as time expired straight Pete Carrol style!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-21-2012, 9:57 AM Reply   
One last thing if the Pack lose somehow on sunday. You Hawks fans can have your statement game and win by 40. All that is important now is the number 2 seed. The Niners are past statement games they just need the first round bye and a home game. The problem is if the Pack lose it won't be this weekend but I do think the Vikings have a shot to beat them at home in the last game if the Vikings are still playing for a play off spot.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-21-2012, 10:26 AM Reply   
My prediction is Tim Lincecum will be at the game with a new haircut leading the Seahawks cheers. 9ers by a close margin again.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-21-2012, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hate, I think you are blinded by your Seattle love
Quite likely but I recently was watching sports center and a previous player said as much. That he wouldn't want the pitty. But don't worry we here in Seattle hate Harbough just as much if not more than you hate Pete. We even have a delightful song http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/pages/...ticle=10553361 Its pretty terrible but kinda funny too.

Anyway, I'm pumped for the game and am glad we are back in the mix. The numbers with these teams line up so close, should be fun

Quote:
My prediction is Tim Lincecum will be at the game with a new haircut leading the Seahawks cheers. .
That would be awesome if they got him to raise the flag. For those that don't know he is a Washington native.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-21-2012, 5:48 PM Reply   
Seattle over the Niners in a close one.

Tampa Bay over Rams.

Arizona over Chicago.

The game is two days away and my stomach is already in a knot.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-21-2012, 5:53 PM Reply   
Tim grew up right down the road from me. Many of the guys I work out with in the gym went to school with him.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-22-2012, 9:32 AM Reply   
Sherman, Thurman and The Truf all active for Sunday.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2012, 3:20 AM Reply   
Congratulations to Calvin Johnson for breaking Jerry Rice's single season receiving record!