Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-04-2012, 9:05 AM Reply   
Cole,

I have a 2012 F21 Tomcat. Give me a call, and I'll tell you everything there is to know about it.

I just left you a PM with my phone number.

Cheers!

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-04-2012, 9:56 AM Reply   
I have the 2012 MB 21WB which is nearly the same boat. Its an amazing boat for the price. I love the build quality, the wake, the ballast system, the drive, the storage, the styling and the comfort, Its not perfect but its pretty close and an amazing value. I am only not a fan of the rear hatch gullwing but I looked past it with all things considered. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to discuss.
Attached Images

Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-04-2012, 10:45 AM Reply   
SkySki I have played around in a 2012 MB it really is amazing how much interior space it has. The sundeck is really small compared to most boats is how they created the extra room. I currently have a 22ssv that does not have near the room or storage that the MB does. I would compare the space on the mb in the main lounge area to that of the epic 23v. I think the bow might be a little smaller than that of a 22-24ft pickle fork, but that being said it is not small in the bow either. If I were you I would go ride/drive in one, something that I have not had the chance to do yet. I went looking at it because it would fit in my garage a lot easier than my current boat. Also interested to see what you decide on. Good luck.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-11-2012, 4:01 PM Reply   
Went to the factory tour. That was great. Got a good look at everything they do. Talked with the owners son for quite a while. Felt very comfortable with the product and whole experience. So long as my local dealer will go with the original $50k price out the door, I am ordering on Monday. Tried to see if the other dealers would give me a quote so I could get the best price, but they said they would not do it as I have a local dealer. Good on them, bad for me. I was hoping to get them to compete on price like I would when buying a car. My first choice would always be to buy from my local guy, but if a deal could be made somewhere else for a much better price, I would have to use common sense and go with the better price. Doesn't look like that is going to happen. Only leverage I think I have now is winter and cash in hand. Not as good of a hand in my opinion, but what I don't think I have a better option at the moment. Worst case, I just keep looking for something else. Will know much more on Monday.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-11-2012, 4:04 PM Reply   
Here is what I would be ordering...
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-11-2012, 4:12 PM Reply   
Love it. Very nice.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-11-2012, 5:27 PM Reply   
Love the white and orange!
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-11-2012, 6:16 PM Reply   
Which options are you going with?
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-11-2012, 6:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Which options are you going with?
They don't have a lot of options. I will get everything except wake plate and tower speakers. I sky ski mostly so I don't really need the plate. My daughters complained when I had Rubicon 450's before so no reason to get tower speakers. Boat pretty much comes with everything. Bimini, trailer, stereo, cover, 343 PCM motor, swivel wakeboard/surf board racks, ballast tanks, my colors. I will add silver metal flake on the graphic as an option. I don't need Tomcat logo on carpet. I think that is about it. I am thinking about getting rub rail rubber in white instead of black. I asked and they said I could do whichever I wanted.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-11-2012, 11:48 PM Reply   
You might want to re-think the plate. It's actually not a wakeplate. If you lower it while towing any rider in any water sport, it will ruin the wake (adds lots of wash to an otherwise perfectly clean wake).

It was added as an option two years ago for people who run a lot weight or at high altitudes so they can get the boat out of the hole faster. That's why it's actually called a "quick plane cavitation plate." It works well for this, but that's not why you should get it...

Get it because the 21' MB's like to porpoise ever so slightly when cruising at 30+ mph. My 2009 TWB had this problem. On my 2012 F21 I got the plate just for this reason alone. Drop the plate even just 1/4 of the way down... bouncing is gone and boat rides steady. Even if you blasting home through chop at the end of a long day... drop that plate and your boat nose stays down and is unaffected by the chop.

I love the plate because it gives me another variable that I can control... the pitch of the boat. It's a $1,500 option and worth every penny. If you don't want to get it, another option is to put more weight in the bow (e.g. lead bars under the seats). This solves the issue too.

Can't wait to see your new boat!!
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-12-2012, 4:10 AM Reply   
Stoked you found something you like, and $50k out the door is a really, really good deal. I wouldn't attempt to play mom against dad with dealers. Boats are luxury items, they sell less volume at higher prices. Dealers aren't so desperate to make a deal that they'll eliminate their profit to simply make the sale over another dealer. Dealers talk and they know when people are shopping their prices and it will only hurt you in the long run, they'll remember that.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-12-2012, 11:01 AM Reply   
DBC is dead on... It is well worth the investment!!!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-12-2012, 11:03 AM Reply   
I got the trimtab on my 2012 21WB. Its a nice to have feature. So far, I have only used it for blasting home yet I hope to design a automatic controller to help with getting out of the hole (as it would with any loaded wake boat). I want to push a button which will deploy the plate before I start and retract it as I accellerate up to speed. This will be a sweet additiona and likely pay for itself in gas savings.

I also got the in cabin led lights and the under water led lights for a little added bling.

I can't wait for spring to get some more time on my boat!

Last edited by diamonddad; 01-12-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-12-2012, 11:15 AM Reply   
Notice how I also eliminated the hashes in the "X" for a cleaner look (a web design picture that matches my boat).
Attached Images

Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-17-2012, 9:55 AM Reply   
Went ahead with the wake plate. I kept hearing from everyone that I would basically regret it if I didn't get it. I am getting the SB Trailer with the boat. Not too familiar with them but have seen them and they look well built. Now I get to play the waiting game. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will get into production soon.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-17-2012, 3:05 PM Reply   
Congrats Cole!!! You seem to get a hell of a deal for a custom ordered F21... GREAT choice on the plate, if you dont use it resale will pay for itself.