Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-29-2007, 11:36 PM Reply   
Has anyone had trouble with the chrome plating coming off there speakers because i have gone through 2 pairs of them and also the board racks keep doing the same thing. Also any troubles with the speakers cutting out while being played.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-30-2007, 7:06 AM Reply   
The speakers cutting out would be because of your amp, not the speakers. I think alot of people with those have had either trouble with pitting or the chrome pealing. Jusk keep getting them warrantied.
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-30-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
I have the black ones, which have faded pretty badly. The chrome mounting brackets have pitted pretty badly also.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-30-2007, 1:48 PM Reply   
yeah i have the board rack and it gets so bad that i can't leave the board racks or the speakers on the tower. I have to take them down each weekend.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-30-2007, 4:58 PM Reply   
There is a guy on planetnautique that had the Fusions until the chrome plating started flaking off. Seems like a common problem.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-31-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
Hmmm, really... Do you guys store the boats outside or use them in a salt environment? I've had 2 sets of Fusions. No problems with either set. I know that the combos will show your amp a pretty hearty load depending on how you have them wired. That could cause a cutting out situation.

Maybe my boats just get babied. They're only outside when they're in the water (which I suppose is a fair amount...ha, ha, ha).
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
My fusion board racks are starting to pit as well. I've been wondering if it was just mine or if there's a problem in general.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-31-2007, 12:29 PM Reply   
I never use my boat in saltwater and always leave it in an enclosed shop or under a shead. Seldom do I leave it under the shead. I am having to send my light bar and mirror arm back due to pitting. It sounds to me like the guys who does fusion's chrome arn't cleaning the products properly before the process.

Let me add that they have stood behind their product for me though!

(Message edited by WakeDoctor on October 31, 2007)
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-31-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
never been near salt water but stored outside in summer. i even waxed the black part of the cans (twice this past summer) and they have still faded badly. it's not that i don't think they will stand behind there product, but the fact that it is a pain to change out six tower speakers and to get them to line up perfectly.
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-31-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
I am not to thrilled either to take stuff off my tower just to have to fight it to sit like I had it. Their tower mirror looks sharp but it a pain in itself.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-31-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
yeah guys im in a fresh water area but i leave my boat in an enclosed boat lift. they have stood behind their product 100 %..
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-31-2007, 5:11 PM Reply   
I love my fusions..NEed a good size amp to properly push them...Also if you only have one battery and it goes low it takes some juice to push them as well..I have had some clamp problems and they sent me free replacement clamps within a week...

As far as the chrome fading do you have any speaker covers for them? My buddy has some 3 way and his are faded really badly but my 3 ways have screaminsacs.com on them and they shine like brand new...
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-31-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
My racks are pitting really bad to. I have gone through two different sets. Every summer i get a new pair. They need to do something to fix this
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-31-2007, 8:51 PM Reply   
Mine were blistering on top, thats why I sold them for $450. Still sounded good though! Actually I just wanted another pair of Pro80s

(Message edited by stevev210 on October 31, 2007)