Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (lespaul)      Join Date: May 2007       05-20-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
Do you guys think this is for real or a scam? http://www.everyboat.com/c/s/2000-malibu-sportster_7274.htm
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-20-2007, 4:15 PM Reply   
Typo probably.
Old     (lespaul)      Join Date: May 2007       05-20-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
yeah but look around the website. there is an 07 maristar 230 for 26k, a 06 malibu 23 lsv for 33k, and an 07 MC X-45 for 25k.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-20-2007, 4:35 PM Reply   
then it's a scam. If you owned a boat worth 35k, would you sell it for 9k?

neither would anyone else.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       05-20-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
DUDE THOSE ARE ALL REALLY CHEAP PRICES MAKE SURE TO TAKE THE TIME TO GO SEE THE BOAT EVEN IF U HAVE TO FLY OUT IT IS WORTH IT. I THINK THEY ARE ALL SCAMS FROM THE SOUND OF THE PRICES
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-20-2007, 8:31 PM Reply   
scam
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-21-2007, 5:13 AM Reply   
scam
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       05-21-2007, 5:57 AM Reply   
It says auction, thats probably the starting price!
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-21-2007, 6:43 AM Reply   
I emailed and this is what they sent me.

Thank you for your interest in my boat,is in absolutely perfect condition ,no scratches or
other imperfections. Right now the boat is already crated in garage at shipping company . (I sell at this price because I have some financial problems) with free shipping included for Canadian & US locations. I have few buyers interested so I will need a prompt answer and decision from you!
I can ship it to your home address
I will explain to you step by step how this will work :
A. First you have to send me your shipping information (your name and address).
1. After I receive your shipping info, I will go today to shipping company Location and give them your name and with your shipping address as the intended receiver.
2. The shipping company service will check the boat also the legal papers to see that everything is OK with it.
B. You will receive a notification from shipping company service as a confirmation that the boat is in their custody and also, that has been tested.
1. After that, you will have to confirm the payment to shipping company service .
2. The shipping company service will verify the Transfer, and if everything is in order, they will deliver it to your door step.
3. After you will receive it and you will be completely satisfied with it, you will instruct the shipping company service with your decision,and they will send me the money.
C. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the product, you will return the it to the shipping company service with no expense.
I will support all the taxes and feeds, you will have a 5 days period to inspect the product and if you are not satisfied in it you will be fully refunded within 24 hours. Any damaged or returned unit will be either replaced or refunded.
If you agree with my idea please provide me your full name and address for shipping, so I can initiate the transaction through the shipping company service.
After that they will contact you with transaction details, invoice, payment instructions and more information about the shipping company service protection.
Please reply as soon as posible if you agree to have a deal with me.
Best regards!
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-21-2007, 7:05 AM Reply   
i think i have seen that same letter many times
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-21-2007, 7:18 AM Reply   
That letter proves it. S C A M. To crate and ship a boat, would cost a small fortune, and to include that for free, isn't a reality. Run away.
Old     (fuzzball)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-21-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
I'll give them a run for your guys enjoyment. That black SANTE is about 5 miles from my house and I don't have anything better to do for the next couple of days. I'll let you guys know what happens. This should be amusing...
Old     (obie)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-21-2007, 11:22 AM Reply   
this is a scam. they will ask you to pay the shipping company upfront and then you will never see the boat because the shipping company doesn't really exist.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-21-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
give them a fake cashiers check
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-21-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
hahahahaha!

quote:

RE: Your 2002 Correct Craft Super Air Nautiqueż
Sent: Mon 5/21/07 12:40 PM
To: Joe Umali (ju540@hotmail.com)

sorry but i dont have time to meet face to face with all buyers

Joe Umali <ju540@hotmail.com> wrote:
Why do you need my address if I want to pick up the boat?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 09:53:20 -0700
Subject: RE: Your 2002 Correct Craft Super Air Nautique
To: ju540@hotmail.com

give me your name and address

Joe Umali <ju540@hotmail.com> wrote:
Rather than have the boat shipped to me, I would much rather pick it up. I will be in Chicago for 1-wk. I can have a money order made out to you directly, and to avoid a 3rd party, I can pick up the boat myself.

I'm ready to buy this boat. Please let me know if the above scenario will work.

Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 06:08:10 -0700
Subject: Re: Your 2002 Correct Craft Super Air Nautique
To: ju540@hotmail.com

Thank you for your interest in my boat,is in absolutely perfect condition ,no scratches or
other imperfections. Right now the boat is already crated in garage at shipping company . (I sell at this price because I have some financial problems) with free shipping included for Canadian & US locations. I have few buyers interested so I will need a prompt answer and decision from you!
I can ship it to your home address
I will explain to you step by step how this will work :
A. First you have to send me your shipping information (your name and address).
1. After I receive your shipping info, I will go today to shipping company Location and give them your name and with your shipping address as the intended receiver.
2. The shipping company service will check the boat also the legal papers to see that everything is OK with it.
B. You will receive a notification from shipping company service as a confirmation that the boat is in their custody and also, that has been tested.
1. After that, you will have to confirm the payment to shipping company service .
2. The shipping company service will verify the Transfer, and if everything is in order, they will deliver it to your door step.
3. After you will receive it and you will be completely satisfied with it, you will instruct the shipping company service with your decision,and they will send me the money.
C. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the product, you will return the it to the shipping company service with no expense.
I will support all the taxes and feeds, you will have a 5 days period to inspect the product and if you are not satisfied in it you will be fully refunded within 24 hours. Any damaged or returned unit will be either replaced or refunded.
If you agree with my idea please provide me your full name and address for shipping, so I can initiate the transaction through the shipping company service.
After that they will contact you with transaction details, invoice, payment instructions and more information about the shipping company service protection.
Please reply as soon as posible if you agree to have a deal with me.
Best regards!

Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-21-2007, 6:41 PM Reply   
lol, maybe you could report this to the police if you get enough evidence that it's a scam... it'd be funny to see him in JAIL!

EDIT:5 bucks says this boat doesn't even exist, along with the "shipping company."

(Message edited by pwningjr on May 21, 2007)
Old     (fuzzball)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-22-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
Yeah, I got the same response.

"sorry but I dont have time to meet with you face to face because I work and I have all buyers and is not posible to meet with all"

I found this funny since I really do only live 5 miles from Danville. I think I might make a call to the police and see if any of my buddies want a project. I also found it amusing that the pictures show no registration numbers on the boat and also the license plates are "just" out of frame. I don't even think there are any shipping companies in Danville that could do this.
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-22-2007, 1:47 PM Reply   
Scam!!! To good to be true.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-22-2007, 4:46 PM Reply   
Had to send em an email just for something to do. It's boring as hell around here right now :-)

Shawn
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-22-2007, 4:49 PM Reply   
I love the description of the LSV

Description :
There
is six speakers in the boat kicker stock ran of a kicker amp, there are
four speakers on the tower ran off another kicker amp it realy rockes.I also
had the cargo bimni top put on witch is grate to put the tube up on and out
of the way straps done and all very cool a 2500 upgrade.All warrentys are good.
This is the Wakesetter 23 lsv it is 23' beam is 100"
draft is 24" weight is 3800 lbs 55 gals of fuel 12 person 340 Monsoon
gelcoat 3 ballast weight 350 450 and 500 pound also was a wedge grate
wake alot of room for air prop is a 4 blade acme All digital screen is
grate. Also has depth finder on it. Trailer also comes with it.

You'd think someone that could own a $55K boat would have a bit better understanding of spelling!

Shawn
Old     (lespaul)      Join Date: May 2007       05-23-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
Guys check out these they look like scams but they're from a more reputable website usedboats.com

http://www.usedboats.com/index.php?site=usedboats.com&section=search&boatId =1265746&photo_index=0&maximize=16475607&historyba ck=13

http://www.usedboats.com/index.php?site=usedboats.com&section=search&boatId =1265746&photo_index=0&maximize=16475607&historyba ck=13

Old     (lespaul)      Join Date: May 2007       05-23-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
oops i accidentally posted the same link 3 times in the last post. heres the other 2

http://www.usedboats.com/powerboats/2004/21'-ft/malibu/21-xti/wakeboard-boat/inboard/32887/1267778.htm

http://www.usedboats.com/index.php?site=usedboats.com&section=search&boatId =1268925&photo_index=0&maximize=16541271&historyba ck=1
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-23-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
I received the same exact email that bhog and dakid received. I specifically asked for the HIN. He didn't include it or even mention it.
Old     (mads0113)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-24-2007, 6:46 AM Reply   
That boat was up on ebay two weeks ago. The reserve was not met the last time I checked it and that was at $36,500. The description the guy gave then seemed legit compared to that was sent out for this listing.

I am guessing someone grabbed the pics and description and posted as part of a scam.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-24-2007, 10:50 AM Reply   
Yeah, I would imagine they did. I've insisted on getting the HIN and lo and behold, no response after the initial email. I should just email him to let him know the police will be looking in to this as a scam since that boat he is showing is mine. (not really though :-) )