Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-19-2005, 4:09 PM Reply   
Hey Wakestock fans. Just to let you know, we can all thank Wasaga Beach town council for voting against the return of Wakestock in '05 today. Apparently, the biggest and best party of the year was a little too good last year, so they've shut it down.

What a shame.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-19-2005, 4:37 PM Reply   
Boy does that suck...I never got to go to it and was planning the trip this year.
Old    howie            01-19-2005, 4:59 PM Reply   
I would have liked to go to one. time to travel
Old     (petertjr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-19-2005, 5:13 PM Reply   
That ...... sucks, wakestock was so fun, are they going to do it somewhere else in ontario? or quit it all together?
Old    byerly137pro            01-19-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
BRING WAKESTOCK BACK TO BALA!!!!!!!
Old     (isler)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-19-2005, 7:58 PM Reply   
WakeStock was a good party last year... pretty damn crazy, actually. Saw a good police chase (like 6 cop cars after a drunk stupid driver), among other things. Hopefully it'll be moved to another location!

Mike
Old     (skurfer666)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-20-2005, 7:20 AM Reply   
Mike, they did go through with cancelling it?? I've been reading a few things here and there but I thought it was still in the 'maybe' phase. Where do you ride around Wasaga in the summer?? I moved here like 2 months ago and we were thinking about buying a boat but weren't sure if we could get alot of riding done in the area.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-20-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
Skurf - Yeah, the decision came down yesterday. It's over. It's really too bad. I guess all the retirees that call this town home during the summer had too much time on their hands and wouldn't stop complaining.

Maybe I'll have to start complaining about Elvisfest and the Corvette cruise distrubing my wakeboarding.

We ride on the river, right where Wakestock is held - from SPM to Phatwakes. It's great - always butter. Our Moomba will be docked at Phatwakes this summer, along with a few other towboats. Drop me a line as the summer gets closer and I'll take you for a pull.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-20-2005, 7:55 AM Reply   
bring it to Shasta!!!!!!!!!
Old     (petertjr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-20-2005, 7:57 AM Reply   
hey mike, i'll take you up on that offer, i got a boat, but i would love to try wakeboarding behind a real wakeboard boat!
Old    byerly137pro            01-20-2005, 12:30 PM Reply   
They honestly should bring it back to Bala, where it used to be. It would be crazy, I would be able to see the action from my dock. And Bala is such a friendly place...I still don't know why they ever left.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-20-2005, 1:00 PM Reply   
I think the only reason they left is because they saw huge benefit of having spectators from both sides of the river. Wasaga Beach is and was a good venue for them, it's too bad the older people in the town can't see past the very few problems Wakestock brought to the town, not to mention the six million dollars in revenue it brings in 4 days. Crying shame.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-21-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
This is a$$
I was looking forward to go again this year.
It at least better be moved and not cancelled all together. Wakestock is this wakeboard tournament going.
Old    murrayair            01-21-2005, 10:43 PM Reply   
Yeah Gary! You got it right, bro! I would love to see wakestock at Shasta.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-22-2005, 10:40 PM Reply   
Wakestock wouldn't be Wakestock if it was moved out of Ontario.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-24-2005, 6:36 AM Reply   
Pete - for sure. Drop me a line as summer gets closer and let me know when you're going to be up this way.

I've got a Moomba, but it's nothing compared to some of the rides on the river. Jay - a friend who owns the Wakeboard School Phatwakes here in Wasaga Beach - just picked up a new Nautique last year. If you ask politely, maybe you can get a pull behind that one!

Skurf - where in the Beach are you?
Old     (skurfer666)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-24-2005, 9:13 AM Reply   
Mike - I live Old Mosely St. right on the Nottawasaga, just down from Pizza Dees.
Old    forum25            01-26-2005, 2:43 PM Reply   
wakestock left bala because it got too big, Bala wouldnt be able to hold that competition anymore, its doubled insize since it left bala. And i think i remember hearing that the bala town people voted against it too!
Old    byerly137pro            01-26-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
Well they can always bring it in the Dark Bay! Just kidding, its way too small...but its a wicked thought.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-26-2005, 5:48 PM Reply   
If they decided to move it to either Quebec or keep it in Ontario, I would be happy because I could drive to watch the comp. As far as moving it anywhere else, to me it just wouldnt be Wakestock. If they do move it from the Georgian Bay/Muskoka area, I hope they would change the name....it sucks that it left Bala in the first place, and it sucks even more that it's gone from Wasaga Beach, since I have a place to live there.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-27-2005, 5:54 AM Reply   
Well, it seems now that Wakestock will indeed stay in Ontario for 2005, so at least that's a relief. Check out http://www.wakestock.com for the latest details.

I've heard Sauble Beach being thrown around.
Old    leggester            01-27-2005, 6:46 AM Reply   
Perhaps it was the behavior of the spectator and participants that cause the town coulncil to get rid of the mess and aggravation.