Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    jdavis4            02-01-2005, 9:01 AM Reply   
I'm getting a 05' Transcend and was going to get new bindings. I've heard mixed reviews on the Zeus about the release of the binding. I tried on some LF ultra suctions in the past and damn near had to cut the damn things off. I didn't want to get into the same issue. Any thoughts?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-01-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
Mike ~ I had the Parks just like you and wanted something similar to them. The Zeus felt really good off the water, but once I was riding in them, they were not for me. I traded in the Zeus for the 05 LF Team. Now I have only used them once but man what a difference. The bindings never hurt my feet and even my Parks did a little. The hold is like no other, but not too tight. The binding was a little stiff, but after a few rides they will be just right.

I would suggest that you try the Transits, Team, Sphinx from LF. One of these will definitely suit your needs.

Good luck.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-01-2005, 9:29 AM Reply   
or, if you can get your hands on a pair of 04 Zeus, they are way more cush than the 05s.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-01-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
The Zeus if you want a ton of support & comfort. The Boss for a bit more "tweakability" & comfort. They are both sweet boots & it just kinda depends on what you like. I got the Zeus' and love them.
Old    jdavis4            02-01-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys! The reason I was trying to go with CWB is because I get a nice discount. Zeus $205 and Boss $190, but I don't mind paying the money for a good pair of bingings.

Ant Bug, my buddy just bought a pair of the Transits...I'll have to try his on. I've hear alot of positive feedback on those bindings.

Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-01-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
Go with the '05 LF Alpha or the '04 Zues or Parks.
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-01-2005, 2:57 PM Reply   
I would suggest the boss it has superior heel lock to prevent lift the dual lace allows a rider to really get a custom fit. Stiff heel response but softer side to side allows for add style when grabbing. But you will still need lube to get in. Everyone as their own opinion and I really like the boss so my 2cents is to try them.
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-01-2005, 5:55 PM Reply   
I went with the Boss and don't have any complaints.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-02-2005, 8:54 AM Reply   
boss has the heel lock?
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-02-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
I don't know what others are experiencing, but my 04 Zeus' have amazing heel lock, and are very comfortable. You just have to watch out to not tighten them too much (they're not like belmonts that you just cinch down as tight as they go), If you over tighten, they're really uncomfortable, just tighten till they're comfortable, and they'll hold you there
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-02-2005, 10:34 AM Reply   
Toolfan both the 04 and 05 do, in the 04 it was very minor it worked alright however there is a big difference in the 05 they extended the length of it and made it more pronounced. My suggestion is to go to your local shop and try them on, I see that you got the 05 ricky, How does it ride?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-02-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
The Boss doesn't have the HLS that the Zeus does, it just uses the laces and overlays to hold you down. I think Betterness was confused.
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-02-2005, 12:05 PM Reply   
I was not talking about the overlay that goes across the mid step of the boot. Heel lock just like in a snowboard boot are the two pieces of material that extend out on the back. Ideally the material should stop right above the heel preventing the heel from lifting hence the name heel lock. Stephan I could be getting my terms confused. So please let me know I am always up for learning something new .
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-02-2005, 12:11 PM Reply   
betterness ~ you are correct but the term "Heel Lock" may confuse some people as the Zeus have a system called "HLS... Heel Lock System" which is the overlay that goes across the top of your foot.
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-02-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
Thanks bug for the info.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-02-2005, 12:49 PM Reply   
the Zues has an actual "heel lock", the boss doesnt.

if the boss has a "heel lock", than so does every other binding out there. i mean, is there any binding that markets itself by saying they have zero "heel locking" abilities? they ALL claim they do have some sort of heel lock. its like nike not claiming their shoes are comfy and high-performance.

of the 2 said bindings, the Zues is the only one with an actual "heel lock" mechanism.
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-02-2005, 10:33 PM Reply   

Both the Boss and Zeus have the achilles supports. All of our boots do from the $129 Comp and up. We introduced these to the market years ago. If I'm not mistaken, it was 1947.
The Zeus does have the heel lock strap. I'm not exactly sure what we call it. I generally refer to it as the strap that goes across your forefoot. Seems to work for me.. The Boss does not have this, thus making it a much more "tweakable" boot. The 04Zeus does not alow a bunch of ankle movement, the 05 a bit more.
Both Betterness and Hiltshernerbiggerwiener are correct. Both may be certifiable, but they are correct.

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-03-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
Steve, call me back. I need to know whattup for the weekend.