Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-17-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
I had a ?????

If my friend was pulling my boat and something was to happen before we got to the lake like a accident,would my boat be covered???
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-17-2004, 1:25 PM Reply   
As long as you have insurance on your boat. I don't think his auto insurance would cover it.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-17-2004, 1:31 PM Reply   
I have insurence since my boat is financed!!
Iguess my question is my boat insurence wouldn't hassle because I wasn't driving therefore the boat was not in my hands...do you guys understand my ? or...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       12-17-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
Take from this what you want, bu I know when I hit a sandbar in my old boat, all I did is call Boat US told them what happened, no questions asked. I recieved a check based on the estimate from the mechanic w/in a week. it was about 5k. From a risk standpoint the insurance company is more concerned w/ the 150k+ scarabs, yachts, cabin crusiers, ect. than the 30-50k ski baots.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-17-2004, 2:05 PM Reply   
I understood the question. I don't think it matters who is pulling it(unless they were drunk, or doing illegal things)as long as it is insured. Unexpected events is why you have insurance.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-17-2004, 2:29 PM Reply   
OK So who is pulling my boat to the lake next week.
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-17-2004, 3:12 PM Reply   
I towed a friend of mines boat a couple of times for him years ago when his tow vehicle was out of commission. According to MY insurance company AT THAT TIME, once the boat was hitched to my truck, it was considered part of my vehicle, and therefore covered under my policy, not his boat policy.

Check with both your insurance company, and your friends'. I think your boat insurance only comes into play once you're on the water.

/not an insurance agent
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-17-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
Big Ed:

The answer to your question is as follows:
Your boat/trailer are covered by your policy for both liability & physical damage regardless fo fault or who the operator is at the time of loss. Of course your deductible will apply.This is both on & off the water.

Now if someone else is towing your rig and is involved in a collision their auto insurance will be primary for liability, Physical damage to the boat/trailer combo is still on your policy.

See the article from last season on insurance.
http://www.wakeworld.com/Articles/2004/insurance.asp

Hit me back if you have any other questions.

Rick
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-17-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
That's really cool of you guys for the reply's.

Rick ~ Since it's your job,I will take your word on it!! Ohh and thanks for that hypelink.