Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    aquaaddict            08-25-2003, 11:56 AM Reply   
Anybody ride in Northern Idaho? I'm thinking about moving to Coeur d'Alene for a job but don't know anything about the riding or lakes. Anybody got the lowdown? Thank for the help
Old    zanek            08-25-2003, 12:17 PM Reply   
Hey...I live in spokane...but we have cabins on Pend Orellie, and Coeur d'Alene. If you know where to ride on Coeur d'Alene lake you'll always have great water, but you'll need to watch out for crap, it always has crap in the water. But if you go to Pend Orellie it's sweet, no matter the wind you can always find glassy watter...and here's the best place on the lake, they're called the Monarchs, you'll get to know them...big giant mountains w/o any trees.......but also there's Priest lake...it's not as cool as Pend Orellie cause there's not as many wakeboarders on it...but it does have better water condtions! But hey, if you move to Coeur d'Alene then you'll be able to get a job really easy, cause about 10 mins away there's a new city called, Liberty Lake, and it's got a bunch of jobs!
Old    aquaaddict            08-26-2003, 1:08 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help. Sounds like the Monarchs are the place to ride. I'll be back in the area next week to check it out...
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-26-2003, 3:59 PM Reply   
I lived in northern idaho for a year..spent most of the time in the back country camping and telemarking... ... it was in 87-88 so there wasn't much wakeboarding going on!!!!! The places that Bryce mentioned are all incredibly beautiful..... I can only imagine what it would be like to wakeboard with a view like that!!!!! also... they used to test submarines in lake Pend Oreille cause it's so deep!
Old     (kgd)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-26-2003, 4:22 PM Reply   
Scott,

I grew up on Priest Lake and now live in NoCal. I still spend a month or so up there every summer and bring the boat. The picture in my profile is on Priest Lake. Most of the big lakes Pend Orellie, CDA and Priest are tough to find consistent water. I like the Spokane River toward Post Falls and Twin Lakes. If you are up for a 90 minute drive the Clark Fork River just into Montana is awsome (feeds into the North end of Pend Orellie). I was up there two weeks ago and saw two boats (none of them skiing) in 5 days.

Get ready for some cold winters.

Kris
Old    aquaaddict            08-28-2003, 3:50 AM Reply   
What time of year does the water warm up? Tks for all of the info.