Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       02-25-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
I have a 08 recoil and a pair of CWB 08 Zues's. Is there any way to make them work with each other?

Thanks, Nick
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-25-2009, 3:09 PM Reply   
They don't just mount?

I thought the 08' SS stuff worked with normal boot mounting patterns

I would maybe check with SS for some converter plate
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-25-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
i believe he is mounting CWB boots to the slingshot board... unless you just got ahead of yourself and typed wrong nick T. maybe you meant for a converter plate from CWB to convert from 6 inch baseplate to 8 inch?

but yea, i would expect the zeus boots to mount to the 08 ss board too. the 08 boards have inserts for the traditional 8 inch mounting but will be ok for the 6 inch plate of the cwb zeus bindings, only you won't have all stance options available to you without an adapter.

other people have similar problems because of the recent near-universal-agreement on narrowing of base plates.

...or is this describing your problem Nick Bigger? If not can you be more specific about how the boot is not bolting on.

p.s. you may have to grind the bolts down on your bindings, because they may be too long. this is also a common issue when mixing binding and board companys. not all companies have the same depth of bolts/inserts
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-25-2009, 3:29 PM Reply   
Or add washers to the binding bolts, instead of grinding down the bolts.
If you didn't get any adapters from cwb, then give them a call and I am sure they will send some out to you.
CWB
425-775-5416
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       02-25-2009, 9:11 PM Reply   
Ok thanks I just got the board so I will double check to make sure there is not a way to make it fit. The screws do look to long and I will have to check the binding box to see if there are any adapters.
Thanks for the help, Nick
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       02-26-2009, 5:49 AM Reply   
I double checked this morning and it looks like I am going to need adapters to make it work. How well do the adapters work had any one used them?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-26-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
The adapters are not designed to help with bolts that are too long, they allow for full range of stance options. If the bolts are too long do what everyone else said, either 1) Get smaller bolts or grind down the one you have or 2) get washers that will effectively reduce the length of the bolt contact.
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       02-26-2009, 11:14 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the help. Adapters are on there way and I will be taking a cut off wheel to shorten the screws.