Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old    jayp            02-22-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
A couple pics from Lake Oswego today. I only have pics of myself and I suck so don't laugh.

The water was toasty at 43 degrees. It sure was great to get out and ride regardless of the temps.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-23-2009, 12:20 PM Reply   
An inspiration.
Wet is wet I guess, until the faceplant almost stops your heart.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-23-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
wear a hood...it'll be way better...43 is freakin cold
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-23-2009, 12:40 PM Reply   
that's awesome man! i am definitely jealous. hopefully it'll only be 4 or 5 more weeks till i can freeze my ars off here in minnesota.
Old     (dryhop)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-24-2009, 8:03 AM Reply   
Nice Pics.

What's the best way to keep the hands warm in those conditions?
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-24-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
Oh man, I'd ride it!!! Super pumped!!!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-24-2009, 8:38 AM Reply   
I'm not laughing. I could not handle those temps. Props to you for going out in that cold.
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-24-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
They make wet suit gloves, i have a billabong pair that's awesome, real tight, same 2mm wetsuit material and pretty long, come up to middle of your forearm. Closed toe's have been a relief for me this year. Still need to find a neo facemask or something, but i could see that thing twisting and drowning me on a face plant, lol.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-24-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
Makes me feel like a sissy cause I wasn't planning on getting out for at least another month, and that's only if I can borrow a drysuit.
Old    Slingshot            02-24-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
I went wakeboarding on Saturday on the Columbia River. Its so damn cold but it was nice to get out on the boat and ride.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-24-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
oh man I feel for your toes !!!
u got ballz
Old     (dhv142)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-24-2009, 12:31 PM Reply   
dude you definitely have to grow a pair to do that haha, i bet that water was just a wee bit chilly haha, nice pics
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-24-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
At those temps nobody has a pair
Old     (dhv142)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-24-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
ya man ill second that
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-24-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
Way to go Jay! We have been riding the Ridgefield slough and Merwin Lake every weekend since the beginning of January. The worst was mid-Jan when it was snowing during my ride. Face freeze while riding! Just installed heated seats so riding in the boat is all toasty. We will ride every weekend from now on as long as it isn't pouring rain................
Old    jayp            02-24-2009, 4:02 PM Reply   
It was not too bad since the air temp was in the fifties. When the air temp is below forty degrees then it gets brutal just being in the boat.

I actually like riding when it is cold because you usually have the water all to yourself. There is something to be said about having a glassy lake all to yourself. Soon it will be combat boarding with all the drunks and tubers.

The hands get cold but you forget about them when you are riding. I have 2mm gloves and booties for the feet but I usually don't wear them.

Keep your hands up and out of the water when you fall and they will be OK. My feet were fine until I took my board off and my feet were completely in the water. I couldn't get on the boat fast enough. It is nice to have a hot water shower to warm the toes up.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-24-2009, 4:25 PM Reply   
we go out in 48 degree water pretty regularly and as long as you have enough layers under the drysuit you are toasty warm and can even sweat, your feet, hands and head do get cold...if the suns not out we use a hood to avoid ice cream headache

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O8BoqGXGYI&feature=channel_page