Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       11-18-2010, 11:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by caskimmer View Post
So I see Supreme is the newest addition to be spammed like crazy this season.

Wakeworld= the Walker's personal propaganda tool
Surfdad=positive posts on Wake World

caskimmer=negative posts on Wake World
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       11-19-2010, 6:45 AM Reply   
Mommy always said if you dont have any thing nice to say dont say any thing at all.
Old     (desotodave)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-19-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyWheelhouse View Post
WHAT?????

Please further explain your challenge. A guy is getting a new boat and is excited about it and you call it propaganda?

What are we supposed to post here?

PS Nice boat. Please hire a Full Time Plastic Surgeon because James is going to Shred His Face Off behind that rig FA SHOW!
+1 I get annoyed by anyone incessantly pimping their product on the site, and this thread is NOT about that . It is great to see anyone get a new boat, and showing production pics along the way is a plus! The Supreme seems to really be the new THING in wakesurfing so more info is good.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-19-2010, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennish View Post
Here is the completed boat and a picture of the new dash.
The new dash is SOOOOOO much better. IMO - The last few pics of dashes I have seen have been terrible.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-19-2010, 8:21 AM Reply   
More videos of the wave, especially after custom sacs. Surfdad, after your boat gets custom sacs do you think supreme is going to offer it as a package from the factory?
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       11-19-2010, 8:58 AM Reply   
@ Duffy, I believe the sacs to be a coast guard thing / liability, the boat will or can be ordered all set up (plumbed ) where all you have to do is buy the sacs from a dealer and hook them up yourself. The shape/ top of the dash is very BMW like and the head / stereo is there and not in the dash. Great improvement !@caskimmer .... mom said if I do not have anything nice to say, then say nothing......NOTHING !
Old    surfdad            11-19-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone, I'm really excited about the new boat. Can't wait to ride it. The dealer is supposed to have the boat next week and is looking for a check from me. So it's getting close!

@ lakesurfer - I can see the difference in the "brow" part, but I'm not sure what else is different, you're right it's a better look at least. I had one pet peeve with the old dash, the panel had...like stamped lettering for the switches, so like on at the top and off at the bottom or fill and empty, but they just shot it all with black paint, so in the shade or dim light it was hard to read. I'd guess after you've flipped the same switches 5 times you'd memorize it .

@ duffy - yeah I'll be sure to get some video so that you can see the wake. I'm not quite sure when we'll actually have the boat in hand and the custom sacs. The dealer is swapping the larger pumps for us and we did steal your idea about the vent lines going out the opposite side (thanks by the way). Then they will measure and order the custom sacs, so it may be spring before we have all that together.

I don't have any connection with the factory or Supreme management, so I really don't know what their plans are. Dennis and Grant have been working on the ballast with James, I think they have it pretty much dialed in to what James likes. I'm not sure that is universal, though. It would be nice if you could get a factory option or even a specific dealer option. I remember M&M had those Surf Enzo's they sold a few years back. The one thing that we are having changed is the removal of the hard tanks and the installation of a different divider between the engine and that compartment. That might be an issue for the factory, I can imagine they have a ton of tanks and dividers laying around. Anyway...I'll post vid as I get some! Thanks again everyone, I appreciate folks sharing in my excitment!
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-19-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
Nice looking boat.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-19-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
Gosh wouldn't it be sweet if they would have given you a boat! I would have tried to weasel something
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-19-2010, 12:19 PM Reply   
Surfdad: here is the 2011 dash I have seen and I am not a big fan of. I like yours much better.
Attached Images

Last edited by lakesurfer; 11-19-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       11-19-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
SurfDad's dash is a huge improvement from the last version.
Old    surfdad            11-19-2010, 2:17 PM Reply   
Oh yeah...now I remember. I agree with you guys, the new dash is an improvement, over that old one. I think in the picture that Dennish posted of the new dash, that isn't the stereo that will wind up in our boat, James has some wild hookup with a gazillion watt stereo that is guaranteed to make the eardrums of anyone over 50, BLEED. Which is how he spec'ed it, I'm sure. Thanks for posting the pictures lakesurfer...makes me appreciate the new dash!!!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-19-2010, 2:24 PM Reply   
Very nice Jeff. Looking good. LOL on the the wheelhouse plastic surgeon comment, that's funny. I have never been a big fan of red, but I like it, looks great with the black/dark colors.
Old    surfdad            11-19-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
Thanks Rag. I think some of the black accent is grey, but I haven't actually seen it! Can't wait to get it out on the lake!

Bre, took some pictures of James over the weekend, out on Grant's V226. She has a fancy SLR camera and took this sequence shots. I think there were 5 folks on the boat, but I'm not sure as I wasn't in attendance. Dennis do you know the total weight that day? I also don't excatly know where Bre was sitting when she took these, it looks like she was centered. Sort of gives an idea of the wake, at least in the last shots as James is coming back into the wake.
Attached Images

Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       11-19-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
Bre was centered and on the sun deck for sure. I think we had 1600 pounds plus people. Chad was driving he is a bigger guy. So that offsets the other weight in the boat. Maybe total people weight about 1100 pounds.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       11-19-2010, 2:59 PM Reply   
i also do not think the Manufacturer would install 2 1600 pound sacs in a boat from the factory. Wakesurfing will only fill one side but a wakeboarder would want to fill both and that would be way overweight.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       11-19-2010, 3:12 PM Reply   
The exciting thing in my mind is that we were not even at the rubrail. There is so much more room to really load this boat up and see what we can get.
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-19-2010, 3:13 PM Reply   
I love it ! All theses boat manufactures starting to dedicate portions of their line up to Wakesurfing. It is great for our industry. It shows their starting to take us seriously.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       11-19-2010, 3:15 PM Reply   
Here is picture of Grant's daughter riding the goofy side.
Attached Images

Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-19-2010, 3:26 PM Reply   
Were done surfing here in Seattle, suppose to snow tonight ! Boat comes out Monday.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-19-2010, 8:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by desotodave View Post
+1 I get annoyed by anyone incessantly pimping their product on the site, and this thread is NOT about that . It is great to see anyone get a new boat, and showing production pics along the way is a plus! The Supreme seems to really be the new THING in wakesurfing so more info is good.

x2

Im finding this thread rather refreshing.

Looks good SD
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-19-2010, 10:34 PM Reply   
Those are some big bottom turns. I love James' bottom turns.

If I know Bre at all, and looking at those pictures, she was probably laying across the sun deck. I have spent a LOT of time with Bre on the boat while she was doing that, and she takes great pics. As a matter of fact, I think I have a picture showing Bre in that position...

PB2010-wake9-Sat-wm-2291 by wake9, on Flickr

lol, that picture cracks me up. Anyway, my guess is that is how those pictures were taken with her Canon 7D. Great camera, and she has a great lens for it.
Old    surfdad            11-20-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
Thanks Duramat, Jeff P, islander033 and really everyone. I'm really looking forwarde to the new boat.

@ dennish

The exciting thing in my mind is that we were not even at the rubrail. There is so much more room to really load this boat up and see what we can get

Judy will skin me alive if we try and sac it more than what's been done. You might want to give Grant a call. (in between the lines NOT HAPPENING on this boat )

@ Ragboy

Robert, I love you man. I appreciate EVERYTHING you've done for the sport. That last photo, and the links, feels gratuitous, to me. I know it's not intentional, and I personally tend to do stuff and think better of it afterwards. I have received a HUGE outpouring of respect and consideration from Wheelhouse, vman, desotodave, surffresh, duramat and others in this thread. I want to retain that. Thanks so much.

To all the owners of other boat brands, I don't for a minute think this new boat is better in any way, shape or form than yours...OEM or modified. Some of you guys have put so much time, effort and money into your setup's Wheelhouse, Duffy, DJ to name a few and wow, does it show. I appreciate that you folks share with me what you've learned along the way. I'm excited about my boat, and I enjoy sharing that with folks, plus it's been helpful. The prop and ballast discussion parts of this thread have been HUGELY helpful and I think have saved me a ton of frustration. Collectively the knowledge contained here is immense, and I still have a few minor details that I could use input on. I'd like to be able to call upon you folks to help me get the most out of my new boat.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-20-2010, 11:05 AM Reply   
@surfdad The links are not to wake9, but flickr. Its a new use policy on flickr that I guess came in to effect earlier this year, but I didn't know it. Whenever you put an image in flickr into a forum, you have to use there BBCODE. So you have to copy it and paste it as they give it to you, and it has those links, giving flickr credit. Here is the verbage from their new community guidelines, which I have been made recently aware, this was not the case in the past.

Do link back to Flickr when you post your Flickr content elsewhere.
The Flickr service makes it possible to post content hosted on Flickr to outside web sites. However, pages on other web sites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr.

Either way, I would be happy to remove it completely if it offends you. I just can't edit, will have to ask a moderator.
Old    surfdad            11-21-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
I was just working with this set of sequence shots from the weekend referenced above. Pictures from Bre's super fancy camera. We most likely will never go crazy with ballast, because I like to keep my epidermus and we have such a mixed group in the crew, it's nice to accomodate everyone, which seems to dictate a more moderate wake. I'd describe the plan as your normal, everyday wake.

This sequence shot of a stalled air reverse doesn't give a great idea of the height of the wake, due to the angle, but like I said that's not really our focus, we'll never have a HUGE wake. It was interesting to see the pictures as James rode the board revert down the face of the wake, there is something like 6 or 7 frames. Maybe it's just my poor vision, but does it look like the spine sort of curves out and away from the center of the boat and then curves back in as the wake forms backwards away from the boat? Is that normal for most boats as wakes form?
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            11-23-2010, 5:38 PM Reply   
We went down to CMS to drop a check off and I got my first look at my new boat! It still needs the bimini, larger pumps, cusstom sacs and the stereo installed, but I'm very happy with the way it looks.

We should be taking it out next weekend! I can't wait!
Attached Images

Last edited by surfdad; 11-23-2010 at 5:40 PM. Reason: I can't type
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-23-2010, 7:16 PM Reply   
Looks Sharp!!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-23-2010, 7:19 PM Reply   
Looks outstanding, nothing like a new boat. I really like the newer graphics.
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       11-23-2010, 7:44 PM Reply   
Looks great!

You guys drilling more holes for ballast intake or is there more than the 1 on the transom?
Old    surfdad            11-23-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. @ islander033 the dealership is going to do that. If you look at the pictures of the engine bay you can see the loose wires, those are for the 1200 Tsunami pumps that they are swapping in for us. Also, you'll see there aren't any vent thru-hulls at the back. The dealer will be doing the thru-hulls for the vents, intakes, then also the custom sacs and pumps.
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       11-23-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
Cool.
Old     (desotodave)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-24-2010, 7:05 AM Reply   
Looks like the Swim deck is VERY short. Did you have it shortened for wake enhancement, or is it an optical illusion?
Old    surfdad            11-24-2010, 7:49 AM Reply   
Sorry desotodave, I think it's just the crappy angle of the pictures I took. I can see what you're talking about in some of the pictures. It's the standard size that comes with the boat. The only thing that was done different with this boat and it may actually be in production now, is the recess underneath has been filled in (it's a fiberglass deck) that also raises the swimdeck...maybe an inch or two? Other than that, it's the standard shape and size.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-24-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
Looks great! Congrats! Love the color scheme! That dash is MUCH better than the square one that I have seen. Can't wait to see pics of you guys riding behind it!
Old    surfdad            11-27-2010, 7:45 AM Reply   
Thanks timmyb - yeah, the new dash is a significant improvement to the old one. I'm glad we got the new style! I'm anxious to get the boat out too, I'm sure I'll freeze to death when it does arrive, but we'll give it a go!

Dennis sent me some additional pictures, I think these were the very end of the bottom turn sequence, I must have posted them wrong! So a bottom turn into an air 180...I think!
Attached Images

Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       12-03-2010, 7:23 PM Reply   
Well, Grant of California Marine and I have figured out the custom sac for this boat. The boat will have 1500# on the regular side and 1300# on the goofy side. With the big pumps it should take 8 min to fill or empty the regular side and 7 min on the goofy side. Not bad for the flip of a switch.
Old    surfdad            12-04-2010, 11:33 AM Reply   
I'm ready to flip that switch! Thanks for helping Grant out Dennis, we appreciate it.

I got a call from Brian at Exile Audio, he's sent all the goodies to Dennis over at Liquid Trends and they should be working on installing James' stereo this week. I do NOT understand any of the components, but when I see it I'll post pictures so that you audiophiles can take a look.
Old     (ds3)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-05-2010, 9:06 AM Reply   
NICE! I haven't been following, but I get stoked to see new boats. Hopefully someday I'll get up that way to catch a wave with you Walkers. Congrats and looking forward to seeing the maiden voyage pics!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-05-2010, 10:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdad View Post
I'm ready to flip that switch! Thanks for helping Grant out Dennis, we appreciate it.

I got a call from Brian at Exile Audio, he's sent all the goodies to Dennis over at Liquid Trends and they should be working on installing James' stereo this week. I do NOT understand any of the components, but when I see it I'll post pictures so that you audiophiles can take a look.
Congrats, you are getting top quality audio gear indeed. You'll love it.
Old    surfdad            12-06-2010, 4:59 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. @ds3, you're always welcome to a pull, I'm hoping that we'll have the boat for this weekend and will be able to start posting some pictures!

@05mobiuslsv, that's what I hear. James, Brian and Grant have all talked about the system, but I just feel like I'm in kindergarten and should be saying: "I'm 4 years old!" I guess that two of the tower speakers are part of a surf system so that the sound doesn't project all the way back to 80 or so feet behind the boat like for wakeboarding. I don't know, like I said, I'm 4 years old! But the folks that know sure seem to be impressed.
Old    surfdad            12-09-2010, 5:55 PM Reply   
Lookie what I brought home!
Attached Images

Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-10-2010, 8:34 AM Reply   
Nice! Congrats!
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-10-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
Very nice! Now we need some action shots!!!
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-10-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
Nice high rubrail at the back. Where are the engine vents?
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       12-10-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
top of transom, just under locker pad deck
Old     (BlairJ)      Join Date: Jun 2010       12-10-2010, 2:15 PM Reply   
This bottom turn is ABSURD!

Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-10-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
^ so sick!
that transition looks sooo clean!
Old    surfdad            12-10-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone, we are quite pleased! Mainden voyage is scheduled for tomorrow, weather permitting.

@ blair - that is a crazy shot isn't it? James was out past the side wash. I'm looking forward to riding behind it tomorrowm although the last time dennis rode behind this hull he did like 8 or 9 360's then his head gets so big he takes up all the room in the boat!

@ dreamer - yeah, like surffresh noted - they are in the pack. This picture might give you a better idea.
Attached Images

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-10-2010, 5:39 PM Reply   
CONGRATS BIG TIME!!!! the boat looks beautiful and looks even better in your yard!!!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-11-2010, 7:21 AM Reply   
That is beautiful congrats Jeff,Judy and James.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-11-2010, 5:44 PM Reply   
Vents in the back like that seem like a great location for a surfboat. I also have to throw my nod in for that bottom turn. I love Jame's bottom turns, that one is pretty insane.

Last edited by ragboy; 12-11-2010 at 5:47 PM. Reason: grammar
Old    surfdad            12-11-2010, 6:11 PM Reply   
Thanks guys.

We got the chance to give the boat it's maiden voyage and the weather cooperated with us! We had air temps at 70 degrees. The boat still needs a little fine tuning, but it was so much fun! Well until the Sheriff showed up! There were 8 boats on the lake and we got stopped. Cautioned us on being overweight and asked about our horn and lifejackets.
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            12-11-2010, 6:15 PM Reply   
One last picture of the 1100 flyhi which is temporary until the custom sac's are complete and then some riding pictures on both sides.
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            12-11-2010, 6:17 PM Reply   
And a few more.
Attached Images

Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-14-2010, 4:48 PM Reply   
James / Jeff - Congrats on the boat. She really looks sweet sitting there in the water.

The finishing touch will be the 3,500W Exile Sound system on that shiny tower. The configuration you heard on Grant's boat will be very similar to yours. Definitely the ultimate surf setup.

I haven't touched base with the Liquid Trends guys in a week or so.... When is it scheduled for installation? I might just drop in on you all and do the final tuning myself if Dennis wants wants the help.

Congrats again.

-Brian
Exile Audio
Old    surfdad            12-15-2010, 4:55 PM Reply   
Hey Brian! We are looking forwward to the Exile stereo, can you explain it in simple terms so that I can tell folks what the surf systems differences are? James gets it, but I grew up with a transisitor radio!

The install WAS scheduled for last week, but I yanked it away from Liquid Trends becuase the weather was too good and I figured it was borrowed time. It's going back to them after the holidays, first part of January. That would be cool if you could the manufacturer could tweak our boat! If it's not too much trouble, maybe you could give Dennis at Liquid Trends a call?

Thanks!
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-15-2010, 8:33 PM Reply   
Jeff - ok,here goes... this stereo stuff can get overly complicated fast but heres the 411. Each boat has different atributes that afford or (in somecases) diminish the setup of premium tunes. In Jame's case and the Supreme, it's all about the surf action, so we reccomended to your installer to go with a setup that provides maximum dynamic range at close in range. This is basically fancy talk for "when you turn it up, it sounds better and better..." The loudness doesnt hurt you or make you want to jump off the swimdeck. It just turns into a freaking rock concert on the water.

The major difference this setup will have is putting tunes on target at 15-25 feet behind the boat in a crystal clear manner versus throwing sound on target at 80feet. The powerplant behind the tower speakers will deliver 1,000 continious power. Trust me... this is a lot of V.

I checked with Dennis @ LTrends. The Exile lay of the land looks like this...

Tower -
2 pair SXT65 (4 pods up high on the tower). Wont interfer with bimini etc.
1 Harpoon 1000W amplifier

Cabin -
3 pair SX65 cabin speakers
1 XI800.4 multi ch amp

Sub-
XI12D 800W dual voice coil woofer
XI1500.1 amplifier
Custom enclosure under the helm

Bottomline this is a pretty elite system. Looks like he's gone all out on the setup. I know of several people that are running similar configurations and it all adds up to WOW! Your going to have a lot of guests asking, "how'd you do that". Just tell them its a transistor radio on steroids. Hehe!

Thing about stereos in general when it comes to the marine world, some gear works great together, and some stuff doesnt. Denis and Grant have taken the time organize a pretty tight setup. I wouldnt change a thing. And I'd be happy to get with you all and do the final tune when appropriate.

Welcome to the family guys.

-Brian
Exile Audio
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-15-2010, 9:20 PM Reply   
Jeff congrats on the new boat! Long time, no speak!

You will absolutely LOVE the Exile system as Brian showed above! I've been running the SXT65's and Harpoon since early September and let me say they are awesome, especially for surfing and the sound field is just amazing behind the boat for quite a distance. I'm really impressed with the quality of the product, sure you will be too. I'm switching out this winter also to the Xi800.4 to run the cabin MoMo's and Xi1500.1 to run my Exile 12" sub, can't wait to get it done!
Attached Images

Last edited by razzman; 12-15-2010 at 9:28 PM.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-15-2010, 10:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzman View Post
Jeff congrats on the new boat! Long time, no speak!

You will absolutely LOVE the Exile system as Brian showed above! I've been running the SXT65's and Harpoon since early September and let me say they are awesome, especially for surfing and the sound field is just amazing behind the boat for quite a distance. I'm really impressed with the quality of the product, sure you will be too. I'm switching out this winter also to the Xi800.4 to run the cabin MoMo's and Xi1500.1 to run my Exile 12" sub, can't wait to get it done!
Jeff, here's a link to my install if your interested.
Old    surfdad            12-16-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
ummm, what Brian said! Thanks Brian, I'm sure the audiophiles will understand, I'll be able to use the targeted zone being closer to the boat, or as you suggest transistor radio on 'roids! I can still remember mt first Filco in the naughahyde cover!

RAZZ!!!!!! How have you been buddy! It has been ages. I like the look of your tower speakers. I also enjoyed the thread you linked to From everythng I hear, I'm sure I'll be thrilled with the system.

Last edited by surfdad; 12-16-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-17-2010, 9:37 AM Reply   
That system is going to be loud.

I just had an Exile setup installed into my boat for the past summer. I need to tweak it a bit, but man does it make for a fun time on the water.

Looking at what you're getting, Jeff, you're gonna be even beyond what I'm running. Should be awesome!
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            12-17-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
Thanks Taft. Your speakers look good too. You have chrome on the face, is that a different speaker altogether from what Razzman is running? Do you guys use any kind of sock or cover when towing? We are about an hour from the lake and during the spring, the weight of my boat doubles after the tow to and from due to all the smashed bugs!!!!! It's a pain getting the little corpses off the back of the speakers.

On a different topic, Dennis had Bre's fancy camera and sent me thise sequence shot of James doing an air reverse. James stalled it for ages and Dennis said he either ran out of "clickity-click" pictures or let up on the button before James finished. I don't know that these are indicative of anything or show the wake, I just like how long he held it!
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-17-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
Jeff, Andrew has the XM7 which is a HLCD more geared towards tossing the music 80'+ back all though with the Harpoon you can shape it to close the sound field a little. The SXT65's are more of a traditional (using traditional loosely) speaker hence the different enclosure and grills. They also dont have the quick disconnect or rotation.

Thats going to be a wonderful system for surfing and/or just chilling, party coving which I know you are a huge fan of.
Old    surfdad            12-17-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
Yeah - party animal are my middle names! or is it mammal? anyway, thanks Hatenpain. What is the HLCD? I hate being the only person alive that knows NOTHING about this! Will my speakers have the quick disconnects and rotation? Is it safe to yank the speakers down when we tow? That would eliminate my bug splatter issue!
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-20-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
SurfDad - The HLCD stands for Horn Loaded Compression Driver. It's also called a ProAxial. More specifically its the speaker design that pro audio companies utilize to put on your local rock concert. Now before you get carried away and ask me, "why dont I have those on my boat?" I want to give you the compare and contrast HLCD designs versus traditional direct radiating designs.

Within The Exile Brand we have a couple of different configurations... XM7 (seen in Tafts pic), targets the wake boarder. It's loud and very efficient and ultimately uses its design to throw LOTS of sound 80 feet and beyond. The down side is, as you turn that speaker up, the louder it goes (and it gets loud), the passengers inside the boat, typically cry party foul because its so loud and intense -- in a non pleasing way. If your tower setup is geared towards wakeboarding this is a fantasitic setup. But it does come with some tradeoffs. Now the SXT65 on the other hand, might look similar but thats about where it ends. This speaker does not use the HLCD transducer. Instead we marry a 6.5" midbass to a 1" titanium dome tweeter. Both of which can handle decent power. From the sound perspective you end up with a speaker array (see Razzmans pic) that has very wide dispersion characteristic which gives you more of an open sound field than its big brother XM7. Additionally the sound field is most effective at 0-25 feet.

So it really comes down to one thing: Are you a sufer/partycove guy or a diehard wakeboarder guy. Knowing what I know about the Walkers, I think the SXT65 is the ticket because your going to end up with sound that is on surf target and sounds amazing in the boat as well.

Make sense? I did these comparisons within the Exile line, but the same is true with any brand speaker. There are very real differences. Picking the one that makes the most sense is where all the questions come up. Lastly, making sure you have an amplifier that has enough giddyup is critical. I often times see guys that have decent gear but no power behind it. Whatever brand speaker you go with, make sure it gets the juice it needs.

Oh, and as for the bugs... both setups have protective bags so you can stay bug free.

-Brian
Exile Audio
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-20-2010, 11:54 AM Reply   
PS: if you flick your finger fast enough on this thread from an IPAD, it turns Jame's stills into a Movie. Pretty cool. Wahoo!
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       12-23-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
Well Santa delivered the custom Sacs for the Supreme V226 today at California Marine Sports in Suisun. They look huge. Can't wait to see them installed and filled with water on the lake.
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            12-26-2010, 5:35 AM Reply   
Thanks Brian for the explanation and for the bug covers! Sorry it took me so long to respond, just back from from some snowboarding over the holiday.

Thanks Dennis for posting the pictures of the sac's. When I ordered custom sac's for the old Tige, the extensions could only have 2 dimensions, one of the dimensions was fixed based upon the dim's of the rear compartment. It looks like the width is the fixed dimension here, with height and length being different. Did I read that the theoretical maximum's are 1,600 and 1,300 respectively?

Thanks again dennis for posting those pictures.
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       01-01-2011, 7:59 PM Reply   
Any wake pics or stats on your surf setup yet?
Old    surfdad            01-02-2011, 5:39 AM Reply   
Hey Dennis,

I haven't taken the V226 back down to CMS to get the bags and stereo installed, hopefully I'll get that done this week.

We currently have an 1,100 pound sac in the back locker, although it hasn't been filled in any of the pics or vids. It's probably been between 800 and 900 in the pics and vids. Then we fill the center tank, which I think is 250 pounds, I'll have to check on that. We have also been using, I think, about 500 pounds of lead under the bench seat. Dennis H lent it to us, so I may have that amount wrong. People weight has been; me driving, Dennis H in the rear surf side corner and Judy, so @ 550 pounds. We've been running the trim tab at 50%, "mostly".

In this video I'd estimate we have a total weight of around 2,000 to 2,100 pounds, combined people and specific ballast.

Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       01-02-2011, 8:20 AM Reply   
About 500 in lead to act like the sac when you get it. We lost water from the 100 pretty quick so a lot of these pictures are at a lower weight. Can't wait to ride with the full compliment of water.
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       01-02-2011, 8:54 PM Reply   
Looks good. Can't wait to see what it looks like with the full compliment of water too.
Old    surfdad            01-08-2011, 6:27 AM Reply   
I am taking the boat back down to CMS today for installation of the custom sacs and then next weekend it should have the stereo installed, hopefully all complete in 2 weeks!
Old    surfdad            01-14-2011, 8:04 PM Reply   
We got the boat back from CMS today and Grant sent me a few pictures of the custom bag install. We'll be taking it out tomorrow to give it a lake test!

CMS swapped out the stock 750 drain pumps with 1,200's and ran 1" line everywhere. CMS did a tank test and said the fill and drain times are about 14 minutes on the 1,500 pound port side. Single flip of the switch! Which I look forward too.

Select pictures:
Attached Images

Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-14-2011, 8:38 PM Reply   
Looks like CMS is doing an awesome job taking care of you. Good to hear. Post pics of your new setup and wave size after you take her out. looking forward to seeing more of what this shark is possible of creating.
Old    surfdad            01-15-2011, 8:20 PM Reply   
We still have some issues with the bow tank, and the darkside needs some work when Dennis is out riding, but bags worked well.
Attached Images

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-15-2011, 10:43 PM Reply   
whats the water temp there? Heading out tomorrow to get some riding in!
Old    surfdad            01-16-2011, 6:44 AM Reply   
Sorry Westsida, I didn;t see your post in there. Yeah CMS is doing us right and we're getting the boat dialed in.

Hey Joey, I forgot to look at the water temp, it felt below 50, so maybe high 40's like 49? It was definately cold to me! I hope you get to ride today!

For those folllwoing along, the custom FlyHigh sac's were installed and the drain circuitry changed to 1200 Tsunami's and 1" line throughout. I don;t think we got an accurate fill time on the port side (did we Dennis?) but the drain was around 12 minutes, although I notice we still have some water left in both bags. Grant indicated 14 minutes or so and that seems to be about accurate. It's fully automated, no moving bags around or tossing pumps over the side, so at less than 15 minutes we can drain one side and fill the other simultaneously. In the past, we've split our day up into darkside and regular side sessions. Some riders just couldn't ride backside, so would sit out that part of the day. This system should allow us to swap back and forth a few times during the day...or at least that's the plan!
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       01-26-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
Update? Tax season has not started. The weather has been good. No excuses..
Old    surfdad            01-26-2011, 3:14 PM Reply   
LOL so true! The stereo install got delayed, Dennis was sick, so that happened just this past weekend. If you look at the picture of the three pumps way back in this thread, the center pump doesn't have a check valve in it. That was giving us some issues with the front tank. Basically it would empty as we started to ride. CMS has the boat today and hopefully I'll be getting it back tomorrow with a chance to dial it in again this weekend. They put a check valve on that fill line and then were going to look at the trim tab.

Hopefully we'll have solid wakes and pictures from this weekend! Thanks for following along liljohn.