Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (wakerider143)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-31-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
I cant get this trick! Any help or suggestions would be a huge help.
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-01-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
what is it that you can't get? make sure you wait for the pop and then spin. also, if you pass the handle really late then it will help keep you from over-rotating and sliding out on your butt
Old     (wakerider143)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-02-2007, 12:59 PM Reply   
What i do is wait to spin but i have a lot of trouble passing the handle. when I do get the handle pas, i slide outt.
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-02-2007, 5:21 PM Reply   
just keep the handle right on the small of your back so you can get the pass easy. as far as sliding out goes, you just have too much weight on your heels. this is either from letting off your edge at the wake or from overrotating. to stop the overrotation either pass the handle late in the trick or make sure you keep it behind you even after the pass
Old     (peterd)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-05-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
I tried this trick for the first time in a few years and after a few attempts landed 3 in a row. Went out again last night and stopmed 5 more. The key for me was to get a good pop first, and wait to spin until I am almost on my way down. I also had to focus on getting back on my toe edge once I landed (I took a few major face plants before I figured that our... the kind that turn your eye lids inside out.).

Also, at first I was going hard at the wake and was "bouncing" in the flats when I landed which was tugging the handle out of my hands. I started doing better when I went easier at the wake, still getting full wake to wake, but avoiding landing in the flats. I'll have to save the harder cut for the TS 540 which lands heelside... a bit easier to hold on to the handle that way.

Good luck!
Old    alanp            09-05-2007, 3:55 PM Reply   
180 on the way up 180 on the way down. if you dont break it down like this(two seperate tricks) and spin a whole 360; you'll be sliding out on your butt alot more than you land them