Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old    sila            06-08-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
Hey all,
Does a Prop make a difference on your wake for an inboard/outboard motor? If so what is recommended and any idea on prices?

At the moment I am trying to rid the wake of a little white wash capping.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-09-2006, 7:17 AM Reply   
Props make a minimal difference in wake. Not worth trying out - and I am an Acme and OJ dealer. Best to put on a foil so you can trim better.
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-09-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
Yes, a foil will help.
Old    sila            06-21-2006, 11:44 AM Reply   
any recomendations on what foil and is there any internet links for pictures and prices?

Is a foil easy to install?

Thanks for the info.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-21-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
a foil will only help you plane out quicker and in some cases "shape" the wake. but in no way do they effect the size of the wake..
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       06-21-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
look at West Marine or Boaters World (store or online), or Overtons. There are several varieties and they are very easy to install; probably just need a screwdriver.
Old     (lakeguy77)      Join Date: May 2002       06-21-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
This is the one boater's world sells for $50. I bought mine from this seller. I haven't put it on my boat yet so can't comment on effectiveness, but this was the one most recommended by others in my/our position (I/O).

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SE-SPORT-300-HYDROFOIL_W0QQitemZ4653744122QQihZ002QQcategoryZ26 455QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old     (jaybird)      Join Date: May 2006       06-21-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
I bought a foil from Overtons I think is a stingray WOW what a differance on plane speed and with white wash the biggest advantage for ridding white wash is BALLAST LOTS OF BALLAST a four blade prop will help plane faster as well