Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-02-2012, 2:43 PM Reply   
http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.co...-boating-crash
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-02-2012, 2:45 PM Reply   
There were some teenagers neer me who crashed a tube into a dock and ended up killing one of the two girls on the tube. They were around 15 and didnt have boaters license's and there parents told them not to take the boat out.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-02-2012, 2:52 PM Reply   
Yes, one less Dbag on the water
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-02-2012, 3:05 PM Reply   
No doubt. 15 years isn't enough!!
Old     (gatorboy112)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-02-2012, 3:11 PM Reply   
kill a man and they let you live in a place with cable, gym, free food and whatever else they get. some damn bs.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-02-2012, 3:19 PM Reply   
I've met the guy and his family. They are good people but the son is pretty messed up all around. He stole his moms boat and went and killed a guy. Punishment was more than appropriate.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       10-02-2012, 3:25 PM Reply   
That's awfully sad! After ramping the boat he tried to leave! 15 yrs isn't enough IMPO
Old     (gatorboy112)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-02-2012, 6:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
I've met the guy and his family. They are good people but the son is pretty messed up all around. He stole his moms boat and went and killed a guy. Punishment was more than appropriate.
how is that punishment more than appropriate?? are you freaking kidding me? his daughter will never meet her father because some jack ass did what he did and then tried to leave, twice! he saw what he did and tried to bail and after towing them to shore he tried bailing again! he is the definition of trash. I know so many people just like this guy who are a waste in our society. explain how you can justify that fifteen years is an appropriate punishment?! he took a mans life being the typical trash that he is and basically is getting away with it in my eyes.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-02-2012, 6:37 PM Reply   
^^^X2
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-02-2012, 10:23 PM Reply   
Out after having a hand in one death only to cause another. This is what's wrong with our legal system. Itmakes me sick to see what I see going on in the courts daily. If people only knew what ACTUALLY GOES ON!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS piece of garbage deserves to meet his maker and not have the tax payers support him in jail that has turned into closely resembling a health club. An eye for an eye is the only way.

My prayers and thoughts to the family.

Last edited by xstarrider; 10-02-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-02-2012, 10:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
You're insane if you think the punishment is more than appropriate..........not to mention he had a hand in another persons death prior to this. GEEZUS MAN! People never cease to amaze me 15 yrs..........1500 yrs wouldn't be enough
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-02-2012, 11:07 PM Reply   
Honestly guys, in California the courts are becoming so liberal with their sentences that lots of DUI Murder convictions are getting probation with no time or maybe a year or two around here lately. The worst part is all things equal this 15 year sentence may easily turn out to be 3 years actually served in county due to California's prison to jail re-alignment.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-02-2012, 11:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett564 View Post
Honestly guys, in California the courts are becoming so liberal with their sentences that lots of DUI Murder convictions are getting probation with no time or maybe a year or two around here lately. The worst part is all things equal this 15 year sentence may easily turn out to be 3 years actually served in county due to California's prison to jail re-alignment.
You ain't kidding. There is no accountability for peoples actions anymore . We would have no prisons or punishment if the liberals got their way. Just more psychologists trying to change years of the same bad behavior, pleading that they need another chance. I am going to stop myself now from commenting any further because this stuff makes me fly of the handle sometimes.
Old     (kmayotte)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-03-2012, 5:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboy112 View Post
kill a man and they let you live in a place with cable, gym, free food and whatever else they get. some damn bs.
Ha, prison doesn't seem like that much of a picinic...

Somewhat unrelated but food for thought on the justice system...

I was on the jury for a first degree murder trial. Some teenagers broke into a house and murdered a mom and brutally wounded the daughter in a random home invasion and act of violence. Open and shut case, we found the defendant guilty on all charges and he was sentenced to life without parole. A year later the supreme court ruled it unconstitutional to sentence a minor (under 18) to life in prison without parole. as it's "cruel and unusual punishment". He is currently appealing his conviction..
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-03-2012, 6:51 AM Reply   
WTF...the 2008 story is nutso. They bound and gagged a girl and partied downstairs, then came back and she had suffocated, so they drank margaritas for a few hours deciding what to do. 3yrs later, he killed a guy in front of a kids birthday party on a boat drunk driving. 15 years is not enough.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-03-2012, 7:09 AM Reply   
Well if you guys knew the entire story, you would know he received the maximum sentence. I'm not saying he shouldn't have received more. What I am saying is that it was justified that he received the max sentence.
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-03-2012, 9:15 AM Reply   
Max sentence should have been the chair after reading that article. I hope that guy gets what he deserves in the clink...
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-03-2012, 9:41 AM Reply   
In my state you can kill a 15 year sentence in about 5 years. The court system is screwed up all over the country.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2012, 10:01 AM Reply   
2008 story?

Edit: Didn't read that far, but got it now. OMG, how horrible.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-03-2012, 10:22 AM Reply   
As liberal as California is believed to be...it is the first state to convict someone of murder in a dui boating death.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2012, 10:22 AM Reply   
^ Didn't read that far. Got it now, OMG.
Old     (gatorboy112)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-03-2012, 12:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well if you guys knew the entire story, you would know he received the maximum sentence. I'm not saying he shouldn't have received more. What I am saying is that it was justified that he received the max sentence.
you failed to answer the question of how you think him keeping his life is justified punishment. if his worthless ass has any kids, they could still come visit him in jail but the man who lost his life doesn't get to meet his daughter. he's part of that big group of people that have no goals in life except MAYBE work a little, or 'hustle' and steal to get some money to get f****d up and are a waste in society. you sound like you're also making excuses for this dude. I'm guessing though if that was your mom, dad, brother, sister, or anyone that meant something to you that died you'd be perfectly okay with the person responsible of their death being able to keep their life right?
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       10-03-2012, 6:09 PM Reply   
Normally I'm against punishment for anything like this, but wow. This guy is nuts. He killed someone 3 years ago, does two years in jail and a year later kills again. The pattern has been established and it's should not be about punishment. In this case I think to protect the rest of us from a violent drug abuser he should be killed. Intent matters, but this isn't even a typical DUI type case where someone is killed by accident from not paying attention or whatnot, as he has a violent history and his reaction after he killed the guy was to make death threats. Clearly off his rocker and no respect for anyone else. In 15 years he'll kill again.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-03-2012, 7:49 PM Reply   
Gatorboy, how old are you?
Old     (gatorboy112)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-03-2012, 10:31 PM Reply   
I am 27. Why do you ask?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-03-2012, 10:50 PM Reply   
In my opinion a DUI death should get the same punishment as a direct murder. I don't care if its a bad choice, you're impaired on your thinking, and all the other bs excuses. You get a ton of education on DUI's and the consequences when you get a license. Everyone knows what the potential is when someone drunk gets behind the wheel of anything. In essence you are driving around in a 5000lb deadly weapon. It's the same as running around with a loaded gun in your hand and your finger on the trigger pointing it in people's direction. Spare me the intent bs. The intent to cause harm exists simply by getting behind the wheel all sauced up. It's that simple and serious in my eyes. I have zero tolerance for dui's. I have seen too many innocent families never get to see a love one again because some idiot wanted to play roulette with other people's lives instead of using common sense.

The problem today is no one is held directly accountable for their actions. People want to make excuses and put blame on everything else surrounding the incident except the person at fault. People need to be held accountable the first time and then maybe they wil think twice about doing it again.

Last edited by xstarrider; 10-03-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old     (gatorboy112)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-03-2012, 11:05 PM Reply   
^^^^very well said.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       10-03-2012, 11:20 PM Reply   
This is tragic. From that article, it seems there is a clear and present danger in the killer being in public..

What really irks me on top of this, is how he probably won't even serve a full sentence, for his crime.

Meanwhile huge amounts of prison money is being spent on non violent drug offenders, when it should be used to keep this guy locked away.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-04-2012, 7:32 AM Reply   
I agree, very well said Swatguy!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-04-2012, 1:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboy112 View Post
you failed to answer the question of how you think him keeping his life is justified punishment. if his worthless ass has any kids, they could still come visit him in jail but the man who lost his life doesn't get to meet his daughter. he's part of that big group of people that have no goals in life except MAYBE work a little, or 'hustle' and steal to get some money to get f****d up and are a waste in society. you sound like you're also making excuses for this dude. I'm guessing though if that was your mom, dad, brother, sister, or anyone that meant something to you that died you'd be perfectly okay with the person responsible of their death being able to keep their life right?
Gatorboy, I did not answer that question because it is not for me to answer. I simply commented on the outcome. It is of no consequence what I, you or anyone thinks his punishment should be. The prosecutor who acts as the people's voice in court, made the decision on the charges and punishment to pursue. I think punishment rarely fits the crime, unfortunately. Please point to me where I made excuses for this POS. He got the maximum allowable sentence and that is a victory. To demand more is not something I can help with.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-04-2012, 1:49 PM Reply   
Not really boat-related or DUI-related, but this is also a guy that should not have been on the street. Ends up killing two people, and seriously injuring a couple more. The jogger he hit and killed was a friend of my mother. I would love to be the one to flip the switch on him!

http://www.times-standard.com/localn...st-named-jason