Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-28-2012, 11:48 AM Reply   
Looking for a used car loan. Tried my bank and was approved with my credit history and such, but they wouldn't provide payment after hearing the car was a 2006 with 95K on it.

Do you guys have opinions or options of finding a used loan? maybe a credit union?
Old     (dru1974)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-29-2012, 11:42 AM Reply   
Shouldn't need to. Or borrow money on a vehicle that old. U should pay cash. If u can't. U can't afford it.
Old     (07LSV)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-29-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dru1974 View Post
Shouldn't need to. Or borrow money on a vehicle that old. U should pay cash. If u can't. U can't afford it.
Some people dont have the means to just pay cash for everything, and would rather not drive junk with 250k miles that they can afford to pay cash on, so your respond is entirely worthless and unjustified considering this is not what he asked for.

As for the original question, I have never heard of this being a problem personally. Do you maybe have a mediocre credit score that causes the to raise a flag? I would consider going elsewhere, maybe to a credit union that appreciates your business. I only say this because I have owned 30+ cars, and a few have had 100k on them while only a few years old...all financed and sold within 6-months to a year. Never had a question asked about miles, only the general condition if at all.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-29-2012, 12:24 PM Reply   
pentagon federal credit union - 1.99% on used car
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-29-2012, 1:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
For someone who is 23 and just started working a few months ago I don't have 10k laying around. Anyways it's not a question of my credit. I got approved for the amount, but the car did not get approved. The bank stipulation was it had to be newer than 2007 and less than 75k miles.
Old     (07LSV)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-29-2012, 2:57 PM Reply   
Well dont be afraid to go somewhere other than your bank. I actually use a credit union separate from my bank for all my loans. It just ends up being better every time with no questions asked.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-29-2012, 4:21 PM Reply   
I love people that want to tell others how to spend their money. Paying cash is not always the smartest financial option, especially with very low car rates out there, you will gain more with your money in certain investments. I also like to help out other local businesses when I can, so that in turn those individuals can help me make money.

I agree, go to a credit union. Are you trying to get a loan with no money down?
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-29-2012, 7:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstateskier View Post
I love people that want to tell others how to spend their money. Paying cash is not always the smartest financial option, especially with very low car rates out there, you will gain more with your money in certain investments. I also like to help out other local businesses when I can, so that in turn those individuals can help me make money.

I agree, go to a credit union. Are you trying to get a loan with no money down?
Unfortunately yea. I have my old car truck, but can't sell until I buy. Need to get back and forth to work everyday.
Old     (dru1974)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-29-2012, 12:36 PM Reply   
Ya no question. Ummm. I do believe it was loaning people money that have no collateral was the reason the USA are in a major recession in the first place

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?54jce4
Old     (dru1974)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-29-2012, 12:39 PM Reply   
Besides what could a 1996 vehicle cost. ? I am not trying to be a dick

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?o3ygoz
Old     (07LSV)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-29-2012, 12:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Besides what could a 1996 vehicle cost. ? I am not trying to be a dick

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?o3ygoz

Considering the vehicle in question is a 2006, you're looking like more than a dick. A little more than car value loans were the main issue for the financial fall out as well. There is a huge difference between not being able to afford thousands a month for a mortgage and deciding to borrow money for a $2-300 month car note for a few years. It seems you have your head on backwards.

Imagine the shape the country would be in if nobody borrowed and everyone paid cash. There would be no real manufacturing or housing market since 95% of people couldnt afford to buy a thing.

Last edited by 07LSV; 04-29-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old     (JohnP)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-29-2012, 4:46 PM Reply   
Banks will not lend money on a car over 5 years old most of the time. Credit Union is the way to go!!