Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-06-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
I was watching Weekly Update on Fuel TV and they had an article on Parks Bonifay, showing him do a double flip (and attempting, but not landing, a triple).

Is this a common trick? I could've sworn that I saw somebody doing it at Saguaro Lake, AZ a couple of yrs back but never since, and there's never any talk about it one this site/in any of the vids I have watched.

What say you?

Pete
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-07-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
yes you have probally seen one in az, jason cooley has landed a couple...he went pro a couple of years back, he is bomb
Old                05-11-2006, 11:39 AM Reply   
I would say that any type of double is NOT a common trick. Parks has the double half cab down, and Darin Shapiro invented the Speedball (HS double front)
As for that tripple attempt you saw on Fuel during Parks interview, that was actually Darin. That blew me away when I saw that. Although he didnt land it, that was HUGE!
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-11-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
Parks has also landed double tantrums known as the temper tantrum and double back rolls. Later, Mike
Old     (neosin)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-03-2006, 3:04 AM Reply   
Darin has been attempting a triple front for a few years, called hyperball. In that fuel TV interview with Parks, they show a clip of Darin hucking one. Pretty close.
Old     (mike_mclin)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-13-2006, 3:47 PM Reply   
Lots of people have landed double flips. The most common seems to be double HS back rolls. Daniel Watkins and Gerry Nunn have done those in competitons before. I've even landed a few freeriding. I think in this day and age, many people are concentrating on style, and hucking a double flip doesn't fit into what many pros care about. Also, I think there is a bit of a fear factor when doing them. Not many people are excited about hitting the biggest doubleup they can and hucking a flip as fast as they can and seeing where they end up. It's kinda scary.
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-15-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
We saw Gerry Nunn do one last week during a stop on his Just Ride Tour. The amazing thing was he barely cut outside the wake before hitting the d-up. And yes it is incredibly amazing to see.
Old    stoked27            07-21-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
I know that I've accidentally landed on my head doing one and a half hs backrolls (not even balled up, I was fully extended). Seeing a lot of the air that the pros get, do many people do double hs backrolls NOT off the double up?
Old                07-25-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
Ever heard of Ryan Anderson?
out of oklahoma
he is my age 15
i am pretty sure he can throw a temper tantrum