Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (midwesttex)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-16-2004, 6:52 AM Reply   
Does anyone know the schedule for the Vans Triple Crown in Indianapolis? What time does everything start? And what is going on each day? I can't find it on the Vans website.
Old    r_dub            08-16-2004, 7:02 AM Reply   
It's www.vanswakeboard.com/.
It gives you a list of what events are on what day. But it doesnt say what time it starts. I was actually wondering the same thing.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-17-2004, 8:30 AM Reply   
If you need entry tickets goto the front gate and tell them you have tickets under the Mission2ride. There will be an envelope there with tickets in them for everyone compliments of the M2R. See you guys there.

Steven
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-17-2004, 9:03 AM Reply   
Sweet...you guys going to be there I guess? We'll be there for Saturday and Sunday and are looking for some after event stuff to do in case anyone is up for it!

Eric
Old    r_dub            08-17-2004, 9:31 AM Reply   
I think, everyone from wakeworld should wear name tags up there, lol. I feel like I know all these people from this board, but I have no idea what anyone looks like.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-17-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
If anyone is interested sunday after the finals we are heading to kc watersports to the cable park, we are going to camp at hillsdale lake. My fiance is pissed but it is going to be a hell of a fun road trip!
Old    r_dub            08-17-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
Hey guys, Ive never been to one of these events. Few questions for those who have. First off, are there beer vendors? If not can we bring coolers, with beer? If the tickets from Mission2ride are gone, how much are tickets?
Old     (ryankid)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-17-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
anyone know what time it is yet?? ANd is it on sat and sun both??
Old    r_dub            08-17-2004, 11:59 AM Reply   
Bueller?
Bueller?

Anyone!
Old    r_dub            08-17-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
ryankid, here's the times
http://www.vanswakeboard.com/article.jsp?ID=34277

But Im still wondering about beer and ticket prices.
Old    dlb988            08-17-2004, 12:24 PM Reply   
$10

Beer???
Old    r_dub            08-17-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   
Or coolers with beer?
Old     (habersham)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-17-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
I am think there was a beer tent last year, you should still try to bring a cooler with beer because I don't think they make a big deal of it but I do think it is not allowed.
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-17-2004, 5:09 PM Reply   
Ill be there Sat and Sunday, mmm beers
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-18-2004, 8:12 AM Reply   
I will be the blonde mom with the brown kids, please don't hesitate to introduce yourselves!! My boys are riding on Saturday and Lord willing, sunday.
robyn valdez
Old     (boardordie)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-19-2004, 6:35 PM Reply   
Anybody know the rules on taking photos or video at this event? Driving over on Saturday, and don't want to lug around a camera I can't even use!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-19-2004, 10:49 PM Reply   
You can take all the pics you want. Send me some! :-)
Old    deiselgrover            08-20-2004, 6:51 AM Reply   
I am pretty sure I saw coolers last year. They are pretty lax with that sort of thing. I plan on taking some pics and vid, I'll post when I get it figured out. Just bought the camera and I feel like my dad did the first day we got a VCR
Old    r_dub            08-20-2004, 7:47 AM Reply   
Hey Rod, if we cant get the coolers in, are they at least selling beer? Sorry to sound like an alcoholic. I have friends I talked into coming, who really dont care about wakeboarding to much, but I promised them they would be able to drink and look at girls in bikinis all day, lol.
Old    r_dub            08-20-2004, 7:48 AM Reply   
Opps, sorry. I didnt see that Tim H pretty much already answered that question.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-20-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
There will be tickets at the front gate under Mission2ride for all those WW peeps attending.

Steven
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-20-2004, 8:39 PM Reply   
If anyone sees me there definatly say something. I'll be there tommorow about 11:00. There are six of us going with six of our kids. I'll be the one strangling my kids.

Steven, so all i have to do is say i have tickets under mission to ride? How many can we use? I don't want to be greedy.
Old     (wakeduster)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-21-2004, 8:03 PM Reply   
How is parking? is there a fee?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-22-2004, 3:19 PM Reply   
I'm glad so many people came out to the event today. I understand over 100+ people used the tickets for entry. That's awesome! There will be tickets at the gate in Orlando for worlds as well. Hope to see everyone there.

Steven
Old    indywakechica            08-22-2004, 6:12 PM Reply   
Here's some pics we took from today.

wakeskate winners
ladies winners
mens winners

Old    r_dub            08-23-2004, 4:43 AM Reply   
Man, what an excellent time. Steven Hahn, thanks for the hookup with the tickets.
Ok, and how do you come out of your rear binding on your first hit, crash super hard, and come back and throw down a perfect run? Tino is amazing! Im sure someone is going to have a picture of this. It looked like it could have been really bad from where I was at. Im sure ESPN loved it, because it's more "DRAMA" for them to talk about when it air's.

(Message edited by r_dub on August 23, 2004)
Old    r_dub            08-23-2004, 5:58 AM Reply   
Opps, sorry I just saw that it will be FOX sports benefiting from the drama, not ESPN.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-23-2004, 6:21 AM Reply   
Hope, I didn't see you but you must have been right next to me. Here was my view of some of the same pictures you took.

And this one just after i told my wife not to grab parks butt!

Old    r_dub            08-23-2004, 7:03 AM Reply   
Hey, does anyone know what was up with Brett Eisenhauer, with that whole double up controversy?
From what I gathered after seeing Philip Soven pass on his first double up, and from over hearing a few people talking, Im guessing you CAN pass and get another attempt, if you didnt like the looks of it, and didnt hit it. Does anyone know if that is true? I was down by the dock and he was pretty pissed. So Im just wondering what the rule is, becuase he did hit it, but it looked like the timing was completely off. It's a shame that he flailed like he did, becuase he was having a great run. If he pulled something even half way solid, I think he would have easily been in the top 3.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-23-2004, 7:13 AM Reply   
It sounded as though you could pass the first double up and even the second, but if you took a cut at it you were done. At least that is what they said about Phillip Soven's run on Saturday.

We had to leave early on Sunday to get home, but we caught the first couple of heats of Pro-Mens. Had a great time. We camped out in front on the Ranger A-frame...shared beers with Parks after the event, and had a blast.

Congrats to Jacob Valdez...that kid can really throw down a run!

Eric
Old    r_dub            08-23-2004, 7:30 AM Reply   
The only bad thing about the weekend was just WATCHING, allll weekend. Im not very good at "spectating". It was killing me to just sit there. I cant wait to get out on the water this weekend.
Old    jeffer            08-23-2004, 7:32 AM Reply   
Ryan, I was sitting down closer to the Ranger slider, but it sounded as if you do have the option to pass on the double up if you don't like it, but since Brett committed to it, it counted as an attempt. If you were down by the dock, did you have a good view of Santori's first fall. That was crazy. It looked like a big OHH. At what point did his foot come out of the binding? He's lucky he didn't seriously hurt himself, but it was awesome to see him get back up and throw down the run that he did.
Old    r_dub            08-23-2004, 7:39 AM Reply   
Eric, I cant believe we are from the same city, and made the same drive up and didnt hook up to share a beer. Well Im not as cool as Parks though. If you want to hook up for a beer and talk wakeboarding sometime, shoot me an email.
WOW, that sounds kinda gay. Uhh, did I mention Im married. Uhh, how about those Bengals.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-23-2004, 7:50 AM Reply   
I hear ya Ryan...We were the guys with the Rolling Rock softsided cooler. Perhaps we should have all supported Dave a bit and bought WW shirts, then we wouldv'e known!!! I think by the end we were getting a bit more obnoxious. Speaking of gay...I think we were more excited to meet Parks than our wives. I think they tend to "put up with" us more than support the riding. Although I got my wife some ERA's for my old board and now she rides too.

It was a killer to sit and spectate...my boats in the shop in Indy. We were looking seriously at the SV-211 in the Nauti tent...at least until they told us it would take 58 large to take it home. Maybe next year.

Eric
Old    r_dub            08-23-2004, 7:58 AM Reply   
Jeff, he was definitely going for some Raley based trick and it looks like it came out right when he extended. We all thought he was hurt. So did the judge sitting right up above me. He got on his walkie talkie and was yelling to the guy on the sea doo to get his ass over there. He was pissed because they were just sitting there on the other side of the lake. He keep repeating "Sea doo, Sea doo GET TO THE RIDER" Then he mumbled something to someone else about how he needs to get him off that thing. He must have been reffering to a camera man who was on the back, because when they came over to the dock they made him get off. Either way, he didnt get hurt and the tow boat got back to him quickly. But it was awesome to see him get back up and stick everything.
And yeah, it looked pretty obvious that Bret commited. I was just wondering what his argument was. He was seriously pissed. Threw his board, bitched in front of the camera man and everything. But I completely understand, anyone who is competitive and passionate about their sport should understand.
Old    r_dub            08-23-2004, 8:09 AM Reply   
Eric your lucky your wife wasnt that excited to meet Parks. My wife and her single friend were scoping all the riders. When Grubb walked by, I was like "OK OK Enough is Enough"
If you guys were down by the Ranger, you probably only 50 yards down or so. We were sitting between the wakeskate slider and the Ranger for most of the event. Then I moved down towards the dock for the finals.
Oh yeah, I saw those boats, but I didnt go up and check them out, why torture myself!
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-23-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
I saw that big OHH crash pretty good. I never saw him come out of his bindings but it looked pretty bad. We were sitting right in front of the skate slider. My buddys wife made me get close ups of Grubb for her desktop. They love the eyes.
Old    indywakechica            08-23-2004, 9:57 AM Reply   
Yeah we had a really good view of his crash...I was freaking out a bit cuz it looked really nasty. We got some video of it. I'll try to see if can't get it posted somehow...don't have all the right equipment to get video straight onto the pc. I'll see if I can't work with what I got tho.

Jeremy yeah I think I remember you now that I look at your profile. Think your girls were over to the far right. Here's a pic of me from that day to help place a face.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-23-2004, 11:19 AM Reply   
I was all over that place fri-sun....so I probably walked right past you all at one point or another. I was always sportin' something w/ the Onewest logo.

The pic I got of Ike's double up looks like he tried to back off and miss it so he could take a second hit at it.

As for Tino, his foot came out as he left the wake and he tried to get it back on the board for the landing. Thats why he looked at the underside of his foot too.

I will have my pics posted on www.soulriders.com later this week
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-23-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
Here's a couple pics of shawn Watson. In the finals.

Old    mang            08-23-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
awesome shots jeremy, what camera do you use?
Old    r_dub            08-23-2004, 12:11 PM Reply   
Actually that must have been the Semi's. Because he didnt make the finals. He was among a long list of top riders that didnt make it. It was pretty cool to see some different faces in the finals for a change. Except I wanted to see Parks do his double half cab roll in person.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-23-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
And....

Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-23-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
The last shot is my favorite......nice work Jeremy!
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-23-2004, 1:04 PM Reply   
UHHHH....Your right he wasn't in the finals.

Mango, Thanks! I Use a cannon S1.

Thanks Shawn!

LLDMC!!!!!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-24-2004, 5:40 AM Reply   
That last one is a sweet shot!!
thanks Eric!!!

From what I know and saw on the double up question is if they commit one bit, they have to take it, otherwise game over.
Same thing happened for Robert Soven

What did you guys think of the boys division, is the bar getting raised or what??

Reed had a great run, but alot thought Ryan was right there too. I was surprised to see Robert getting fourth, I thought he should have gotten third.

Watch out for Ryan Anderson in the future, you will definatley be seeing him.

And speaking of greatness, anybody watch Derek Conway!! HE RIPPED!!! We are all so proud of him!!
Also, Melissa getting third for women, nice seeing her on the podium. what happened with Tara, I thought I saw her there during the awards ceremony. How come it shows a picture of her?
(Message edited by teamvaldez on August 24, 2004)

(Message edited by teamvaldez on August 24, 2004)
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-24-2004, 3:24 PM Reply   
Thanks Robin. They said Tara had to run and catch a plane.
Old    deiselgrover            08-25-2004, 5:51 AM Reply   
Watched the video of Tinos crash last night and his foot definitly came out during the attempt. It happened right in front of us so the film we got was really good, or really bad I guess. As Hope said we don't have the equip. to get it off the camera to the puter yet.

On the double up controversy, as Phil was coming around after the pass on the 1st attempt he crossed his arms at the boat as if to say "hit the wake perpindicular". He looked a bit pissed. I was a little confused at first, but watched the tape and he definitely backed out of it, and Brett definitely missed the wake on his attempt. Unfortunate.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-01-2004, 6:53 AM Reply   
Finally got my pics from VTC up.... check out http://www.soulriders.com/images/VTC-04/index.htm