Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bwood357)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-29-2013, 12:32 AM Reply   
bought my first wakeboard last season off craigslist. 05 hyperlite murray. came with no fins. the board seems to slip out from under me real easy. im not any good yet so it may just be me. should i get fins, or just learn without them. if i should get some, what size? i looked at them and saw the different sizes and thought i should get some advice. will all the fins fit on my old board?
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       04-29-2013, 2:38 AM Reply   
Hey mate, I'd say give finless a go. Riding without fins will teach you to edge properly and help with board control. I gave up fins in 07 and have never looked back. Usually the 'built in' fins are more than enough for any board. My 2c but I feel that fins are overrated. (I ride both boat and cable FYI)
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       04-29-2013, 5:34 AM Reply   
If you feel like you need fins, buy fins. Smaller the better I'd say. How many fins does that board accommodate.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-29-2013, 10:01 AM Reply   
That board does not have any built in (aka molded) fins to speak of. It will be very slippery without any fins on it. It came from the factory with 4 one inch fins. I'd try and find some decent .8" A-wings.
Old     (bwood357)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-29-2013, 1:43 PM Reply   
thanks for the input guys.
Old     (bwood357)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-29-2013, 2:11 PM Reply   
would these work?

http://www.ambushboardco.com/fins-an...-fin-white.htm
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       04-29-2013, 7:44 PM Reply   
I'd definitely at least try fins. If you don't like them you can always take them off. Some Hyperlite 0.8" fins for $10 here: http://www.the-house.com/wkhypoaw813...oard-fins.html
Old     (sledgehammer)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-02-2013, 9:03 PM Reply   
If it is sliding out from under you too much go ahead and try some fins. After riding finless, you will feel like you are locked on rails!
Old     (bwood357)      Join Date: Mar 2013       05-03-2013, 1:44 PM Reply   
ordered the fins. thanks for the input!