Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-15-2012, 6:21 AM Reply   
My Acme 381 needs repaired. After getting another one, it looks like mine has been a little out of balance and not performing to par ever since we bought the boat, and even worse after I bent it up further. No material missing or nicks in the prop, just the blades are all bent in ways they shouldn't be and it needs balanced.

I hear if you send it to Acme they just sub out of the work anyway. I live in Central Ohio but I'm not sure of anywhere I can trust to do good work.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-15-2012, 7:07 AM Reply   
If you are set on shipping it out somewhere there is a place called admiral propeller here in Tampa that pretty much everyone(including dealers) in central Florida uses. I have used them twice and they do great work but from what I have seen they are a little more expensive than most. A recondition will run you about $200.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-16-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
Delta Propeller Cincy Ohio, excellent shop. Had many repairs done there,always great work and good guys. They have done two repairs for me this year alone. That will save ya some shipping money and time to get it back. Usually 1.5-2wk turn around as this is the busy season. They also don't sub out any work, they have a great shop and guys who have been with them for years.

Last edited by silverlude; 07-16-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: add on
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-16-2012, 11:08 AM Reply   
Sante Marine here in Cleveland does a great job and they've been at it for over 20 years. www.santemarinepropeller.com
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-16-2012, 11:10 AM Reply   
http://www.santemarinepropeller.com/...Coupon-EZ1.jpg
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-16-2012, 11:21 AM Reply   
Delta Prop in Cinci, who has been in business for 40 years now, did a great job for me. I also talked to ACME first and when I found out they just sub it out I looked elsewhere. Delta had a good price and fast turnaround. I then purchased another prop from them as an upgrade and also got a better price than others I had seen on the web. Great experience with them on both of my transactions.

http://www.deltaprop.com/
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-16-2012, 11:33 AM Reply   
Awesome - I've heard of Delta before. I decided I will try for a week or two to just sell the prop as-is (for a lower than repaired cost, of course) and if it doesn't sell right away I will just get it repaired. I decided I want to go with an Acme 1939 as a spare prop (or use my 381 as a spare depending on how I like the 1939).