Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    ScottRobinson            05-28-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
Learning W2W jumps and want to know best speed and rope length to learn at...Help guys thanks....
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-28-2010, 8:16 AM Reply   
Depends on the boat.

Most new riders will find clearing the wake common at 65 feet between 20-22mph
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-28-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
The shorter the better. Once you start getting it down lengthen the rope.
Old    ScottRobinson            05-28-2010, 8:31 AM Reply   
Epic 23V is the boat.... and I was thinking of starting around 65 and around 20mph and going from there....
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-28-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
scott it is best to start one wake jump 1st off 2nd wake then try 1st wake to learn pop. then try w2w the 65 ft at 20mph sounds good. the best advise i ever heard was from shaun murray. how you take off from the wake is most important. it determines how easy the landing .take off balanced and on edge land balanced and on edge. good luck and have fun.
Old    ScottRobinson            05-28-2010, 8:47 AM Reply   
Thanks Robert, yeah I did some of that last year but will start there this year to get back to able to pop off one wake and land. Should take a set or two. Then want to get accross that wake. I have been told it is almost easier to cross wake than just jump one wake. landing in the wash. So, just wanted to find out some thoughts on length and speed but sorta already had idea just wanted to make sure someone didn't say something like 18mph and 50' or something
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-28-2010, 8:55 AM Reply   
Find the speed you are comfortable riding first. Most start out around 20MPH. Ride the longest line you can and still clear the wake. You will start with HS jumps and once clearing those, start working on TS jumps and keep the line where you need to be to clear it TS. 60-65 feet is pretty common as a starting point but you are better off with a line that is a little too short than too long - constantly casing the wake is no fun. Let out more line as you progress and don't worry about what line lengths others are riding at.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-28-2010, 9:21 AM Reply   
yeah scott i wasn't sure what you had already learned.what i learned at the wakeboard camp is to break down every trick to it's basics. start with a shorter line and slower speed. that makes any falls less painful. less pain equals more learning. have fun.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-29-2010, 5:32 PM Reply   
A 50' rope wouldnt be a bad idea to get the feel for it.