Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-16-2007, 5:49 PM Reply   
So I searched and could not find what I was looking for so throwing this out there....I have white, grey, and black upholstery. I clean it all the time but everytime we use the boat it gets really dirty and the white turns into grey. I wash it and can not get the brilliant white back unless I scrub and scrub and scrub...anything I can put on so I don't have to really work to get the white back or any product that will bring the white back? Help!!!!!
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-16-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
Get some primal seat covers, the website is primalmp.com
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-16-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
Magic Eraser.
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-16-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^^^^ enough said....
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-16-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
is that Mr. Clean magic eraser pads your talking about? or something else?
Old     (el1070)      Join Date: May 2007       07-16-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
do the erasers actully clean the seats or just bleach the mold and dirt?
Old     (sam8)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-16-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
Our boat has white, grey, and purple upholstery.
I use the Meguiars marine upholstery cleaner, it has the UV stuff in it and works well.
What I do is saturate the targeted area with it, then work the stuff in with my bare hand. It emulsifies the grime into solution, then I wipe it all away with a clean towel. Works well, the boat is 10 years old and the interior looks fresh.
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       07-16-2007, 10:14 PM Reply   
babes seat soap, www.babesboats.com
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-16-2007, 10:16 PM Reply   
Chris- Yes the Mr Clean ones.
Erling- It's Magic
I've also used babes seat soap, but it seemed like the magic eraser got a brighter finish. But forewarning to anybody using the magic eraser... be ready to do the whole boat as whatever part you do will instantly be brighter than the rest of your boat.

(Message edited by tyboarder03 on July 16, 2007)

(Message edited by tyboarder03 on July 16, 2007)
Old     (dkjbama92mariah)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-16-2007, 10:45 PM Reply   
Warning!! The Magic Eraser strips it down to bare vinyl and removes any oils from the vinyl. Therefore, you MUST apply some sort of vinyl dressing/protectant. 303 Aerospace protectant is pretty popular. Expensive, but it's really good.

You can save a step by just spraying the 303 onto the magic eraser instead of water. Once you're done scrubbing, just wipe the seat off with a dry towel and you have a clean and protected seat in one step.

CREDIT:The idea of spraying 303 on the magic eraser isn't my own. I read it on a forum, i'm not sure if it was WW or another.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-16-2007, 10:50 PM Reply   

quote:

The Magic Eraser strips it down to bare vinyl and removes any oils from the vinyl.

just for emphasis...
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-17-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
The best thing to clean with is Yacht Bright. Will not take the oil out of the viynl. Then put on 303.
Old     (tonysdad)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-17-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
Napa makes a carpet/upholstery cleaner that goes on foamy. Just spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes then wipe with a clean towel. My white vinyl came out looking new with no scrubbing. Napa also makes a protectant like 303 but is way cheaper. Each of these is only about 5 bucks a bottle and work great.
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-17-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
will magic eraser get out a stain? on the 4th of july a red chair got laid on the seat during the haul to the lake and it bled onto my light grey upholstery it's not very dark but it's there and it drives me CRAZY. If it will work where can I pick this up?? If it won't work what should I use?
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-17-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
Ken - I had a similar stain on the vinyl in my Pro-V. Not sure what it came from, I suspect someones brand new boarshorts.

It was there for a few months...magic eraser wouldn't touch it. Part of Crash's recommendtion above for Babe's Seat Soap is based on it pulling that stain right out while he was cleaning the boat last week. It's good stuff...give it a try.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-17-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
Ken,

The sun is your best friend when it comes to bleaching out that stain, it will take a season of exposure, but it should eventually fade away.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-17-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
ken , magic eraser won't work on the stain, but find a cream ( face wash) that has 10% benzoyl peroxide in it, dab a little on the stain wiht a q-tip and sit int he sun for 30 min-1 hour , then stain will dissapear. (assuming the area is white)
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-17-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
Guys, appreciate the help. The cream scares me because it's three foot long and about 4-5" wide. The sun has done a good job making it lighter. I'll wait it out and see what happens. Thanks again!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-17-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
test a small spot first