Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-21-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
I have a question that maybe someone can help me with. I just got a set of the '07 Zues and i can't figure out the weird top tighten/release system with the side pull. I can't seem to get them to open up enough to get my feet into them without lube.
Old     (96formula)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-21-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
there is a tab on the laces. pull it and it will loosen the cord.
Upload
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-21-2008, 10:57 AM Reply   
Yup, pull on the tab or just pull the lace out of the holder. I've never had to use lube to get in my boots, granted they are XXL, but still they open plenty wide. The only gripe I have about them is getting the upper lace to release when you want to take them off. If you pull on the tab, it'll pull the lace from the holder, but with how they lay on the boot, they won't slide easily. You have to dig under the lace to loosen them up.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-21-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
I have some, but they have been sent back to CWB for a standard lace system. I believe this was no charge, it works great too and they are easy to get in and out of.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-21-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
Nick, they'll convert them to standard lacing?
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-21-2008, 12:24 PM Reply   
You can either send them back to CWB and wait a month or two for them to change out the overlay or you can call CWB and they will mail you standard overlays (without the recoil). It will take you about 45 minutes to do the first boot and 10 minutes to do the second boot. It's amazing how much easier it is to swap them out once you know what you're doing

And yes, they will send you the overlays for free.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-21-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
What Richard said...
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-21-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
Cool, thanks guys
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-21-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
Nice, I might have to hit them up on that. I go through wraps and ratchets like crazy, but damn I love these bindings.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-21-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
May do the same after this year of boarding. I replaced one overlay last year and I didn't know if I'd get the damn thing back together. I'll let them do it this time :-)
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-22-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
Thanks again guys, CWB has a set of overlays on the way to me!
Old     (96formula)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-22-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
Take the bindings and new overlays to a board shop and see if they can to it for you. They are a pain in the rear.
Old     (thisisbrians)      Join Date: May 2008       07-22-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
It took me a long while to change out the overlays...a couple of the screws holding the wraps seized, so I had to get some more parts from CWB to fix it. If you have the time, let CWB take care of them. Awesome bindings, though.
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-22-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
They really have great customer support. The only downside is that for as good as these bindings are, theyre broken almost as much as theyre working. I dont mind much since I have my old board and bindings with me most of the time anyway. Usually when they send a replacement part that breaks frequently, theyll throw in a couple for the next time.
Old     (thisisbrians)      Join Date: May 2008       07-22-2008, 1:23 PM Reply   
Tony: what keeps breaking? The recoil?

If so, you should replace the heel wraps (overlays) to get rid of the recoils, CWB will send you the parts for free or you can have CWB fix them for you.
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-22-2008, 1:32 PM Reply   
Ive broken two wraps (eyelets). Stripped a base insert. Broken two recoils (have 3 spares on hand). And lost a pull tab when the lace came untied.

But all this is well worth it for the performance. In the year or so ive been riding these, Ive only popped out on one crash. What incredible hold. I have size 13 feet and its difficult to get into just about any boot. The hinge tech has been a godsend first on my faction bindings and now my zeus's. Not only can I get in and out fairly easily now, I can crank down for rediculous hold, yet theyre still comfortable and dont cut off circulation.

Next time I break an eyelet, ill probably request the older 2006 wraps instead.

(Message edited by GuitsBoy on July 22, 2008)
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-22-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
I will be "recoilless" in a week!!! Thanks for the heads up guys. And thanks to Cdub's great customer service!!!!!!!
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-22-2008, 2:10 PM Reply   
Nothing like redoing those wraps!!! Beer:30!