Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (edogg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-08-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
Rode new ronix one setup for the second time yesterday and loved the pop & how light it is, but landed a couple in the flats and it seemed to land a lot harder than other boards I have ridden. Just switched from an 05 state. I have ridden the following
06 murray
05 state
05 parks
06 fish

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this? I was considering the Shane instead anyone think it would land much softer?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-08-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
Almost any agressive 3-stage board will have harder landings than a mild 3-stage or continuous board. I think the One has a pretty good compromise between good pop and somewhat soft landings. Between the Shane and the One, the Shane will have softer landings, but not by much IMO. I really like both boards, they each have their pros and cons. I don't think you'll be unhappy with either.

-Steve
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-08-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
I've heard the One is one of the hardest landing boards out there. It has the biggest flat, bottom feature-less spot I've ever seen on a modern wakeboard. If you're primarily a w2w rider, go for it, but I think most will agree the Shane will land softer in the flats.
Old     (edogg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-08-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
I think your right jeff. I was looking at the board Huge flat spot with no spine or anything. Even the 05 parks I rode landed softer.
Old    dabigkahuna            07-08-2007, 6:21 PM Reply   
that's funny, I think the One is one of the softest landing board I've ridden. To each his own I guess...
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-08-2007, 6:31 PM Reply   
Dont Get The One!!!! They BREAK!!! hahaha
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-08-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
I came back from ACL surgery riding the One and havnt thought it landed hard, although I dont like to take things into the flats. Id rather go 12ft up and land on the other side of the wake than go 12ft into the flats.
Old     (chris_schweda)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-09-2007, 10:27 PM Reply   
I ride the one it does land harder than the shane I rode the shane yesterday I liked it but the one is a little more my style
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-09-2007, 10:41 PM Reply   
Shane is supper soft ridden it two years now.
Old     (edogg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-15-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
Thanks guys picking up a shane 140 tonight throwing some cells on it.