Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (89nauti2001)      Join Date: May 2012       05-22-2012, 12:50 PM Reply   
Just wanted to say what's up. I have been lurking for a while. I live in Okc and pretty much wakeboard only. I would like to try surfing but my boat has wood stringers and I'm worried about weighting it down on one side. Anyone ever ride behind a 89 nautique 2001? If so I would like to know how you weighted her down.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       05-22-2012, 1:12 PM Reply   
Hey - welcome.

We love Ski Nautiques here - just like everywhere. I weight my 86 Ski Nautique with a 600lb'er in the back, a v-drive sack on either side of the engine, and 200-300lbs in the bow (currently sand, formerly a leftover small side sack from another boat). That about does it. And after owning a Super Air Nautique 210, the wakes are frighteningly similar. Just be careful of that bow. With that weight up front she wants to go down...

Welcome!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       05-25-2012, 9:00 PM Reply   
We use a 540 on the side of the engine and another 540 between the engine and the back seat. We always have about 100 lbs in the bow. Then 3 or more people on the rider's side (one front, one back, one on side sack). Here's an old video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPdsH...&feature=g-upl
Old     (89nauti2001)      Join Date: May 2012       05-27-2012, 10:24 AM Reply   
Thanks guys I will give it a shot. I usually put one on each side of the motor. Looks like I need more sacs
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-27-2012, 5:14 PM Reply   
Lets see a pic of your set up. I love the 2001's, I used to have one.
Old     (89nauti2001)      Join Date: May 2012       05-27-2012, 7:11 PM Reply   

Here is one from early this year. Me and the wifey took it out to make sure everything was ok while the girls were in school.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-27-2012, 7:54 PM Reply   
Looking good, and the boat looks good too. I like the yellow, not sure if I've seen another one in yellow. I sold my '89 2001 to a guy in Oklahoma City last summer. It is white with a black stripe and a green acsent stripe on the bottom of the black stripe. I put alot of work into that boat but then upgraded to something bigger.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-27-2012, 7:58 PM Reply   
btw I did surf with the '89 2001 but found it hard with a regular wakesurf board. I had a fly high 750 across the back and a 400 along the motor on the surf side. I used a 6' Kitesurf board that was basically a really surf board and found that to work great but not as nimble as a 5' wake surfer.
Old     (89nauti2001)      Join Date: May 2012       05-28-2012, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_in_ssp View Post
Looking good, and the boat looks good too. I like the yellow, not sure if I've seen another one in yellow. I sold my '89 2001 to a guy in Oklahoma City last summer. It is white with a black stripe and a green acsent stripe on the bottom of the black stripe. I put alot of work into that boat but then upgraded to something bigger.
Thanks. I would like to upgrade my boat in the next few years. my daughters started boarding last year so the boat gets real crowded with all of our gear.