Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-18-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
Wondering if any of you guys that have an X1 can tell me if the boat below has any sort of perfect pass (or Mastercrafts version).

This is a 2006 X1. Doesn't have PP display, but I did have a X80 that had some cheaper Mastercraft version that didn't have a display so didn't know if this one might have it as well.

This is coming up at the auction tomorrow and am considering picking it up:

Cheers!
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-18-2010, 4:26 PM Reply   
Looks like it has mastercraft cruise, you can see the control panel under the silver trim piece near the throttle. I don't think you can get an X1 without this or perfect pass. I've got that on my X1 and it does just fine, gets the job done nicely.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-18-2010, 5:22 PM Reply   
Yeah, it's got the MC cruise. I actually liked it better than I like PP (Paddle Wheel version), as far as ease of use. We had the same exact year and it is an awesome boat.
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-19-2010, 7:50 AM Reply   
Thanks guys!!!!
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-19-2010, 1:10 PM Reply   
Ya the Perfect pass would be in the place of right speedo. but when I had my 06 X1 it had the MC cruise and it worked perfect!
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       11-19-2010, 2:04 PM Reply   
It is SO much easier to use than PP. Unless you are an advanced rider and really cut into the wake, you shouldn't notice a difference.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-19-2010, 4:01 PM Reply   
^^^^?????? At least with PP you don't have to turn it on every time you turn the boat on.............
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       11-20-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
There was a MC cruise that you had to set everytime, but that one looks like the system that you can designate a speed and then go.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-20-2010, 6:15 PM Reply   
I have had both MC cruise and PP.

I hated how I have to turn on MC cruise every time I shut off the motor. Now I have gotten used to it.

I also hated how when it was time to cruise home, my boat would stop at 22.8 MPH because I forgot to shut off PP. Then I would have to lay off the throttle and shut it off. You could not shut if off on the fly.

Pros and cons to each. I actually prefer the PP. The MC cruise does not beep on my 06 X45, and it is not very quick at adjusting if you overshoot your speed. So I have learned to really lay off the throttle as I get close to cruising speed or it will be 45 seconds before we slow back down to it if I overshoot.