Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-13-2008, 9:09 PM Reply   
Hey just wanted to know what is the best product to use on your seats .I have light color interior and starting to notice some dirt.....Thanks
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-13-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
I have the same boat and probably interior. I use Babes mostly with a medium bristle scrub brush when necessary. I also bought a product being peddled on here called Exquisite that works well but smell's like carpet cleaner so if I use that I follow it up with Babes for the smell. I'm super anal about my boat and interior so I typically just have to wipe it down with a microfiber cloth and Babes. For really tough stuff I break out the Mr Clean Magic Erasers and scrub it out. At the beginning of the season i use a steam cleaner to knock out the hard to get dirt in the grooves. Like I said I'm anal.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-13-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/577931.html?1210475571
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-13-2008, 9:24 PM Reply   
Magic Eraser works wonders.
Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-13-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tips,,Hey Sparky TH Malco has several products which one do you recommend ? Also what type of wax are you useing on your Sanger?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-14-2008, 7:14 AM Reply   
IMo, use magic erasers as a last result when cleaning your vinyl. They are very abrasive. I bought some of that Exquisite stuff, it works no better than babes IMO. Once a year I'll use the 3M vinvly cleaner/wax and really scrub my vinyl. It seems to get the dirt out of the cracks and really cleans the vinyl.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-14-2008, 6:28 PM Reply   
Heeb, it's called Leather and Plastic Cleaner. Stuff is awesome. For wax, I like Babe's Boat Brite right out of the water then at home I like the P&S Ultracoat Wax or the P&S Carnuba Creme Wax.
Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-14-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
Sparky thanks I will go for that.Also I went to the site , can you buy right from the site.I tried to register but they never send an email with confirmation.Thanks Heeb
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-14-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
http://www.malcopro.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&c ategory_id=44&Itemid=101
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-14-2008, 6:36 PM Reply   
Scroll down about half way.
Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-14-2008, 6:47 PM Reply   
Sweet that is what I though you wre talking about now , I just need to find out how to purchase it.there is no spot on the site for purchase , or how much it is.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-14-2008, 6:52 PM Reply   
I think you have to go through the dealer locater on the website or call em. It's about $20 a gallon. I get mine where I get all my upholstery supplies.
Old     (acedistltd)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-14-2008, 10:00 PM Reply   
Hello and good evening!I am the person selling the Exquisite Cleaner. I have worked in the upholstery cleaning and repair business for 11 years and have not found anything that works as good as this cleaner does. It is gentle enough to use on your vinyl on a regular basis and does more than just clean your vinyl, it helps to maintain that soft new vinyl feel. In addition it is cheaper than Babes. A gallon of Exquisite buy it now is $17.95 plus s&h, Babes sells theirs on their website for $30.25 plus s&h. You can also see the Exquisite cleaner compared side by side to the 3M cleaner on www.wakeboatworld.com, check out the "vinyl cleaner showdown." I sell the cleaner on ebay at http://stores.ebay.com/acedetailsupplies or I can email you a bill direct through paypal. If you mention wakeworld I will give you a 15% discount on all orders. In addition check my feedback on ebay to see what others have said about the cleaner. Also, magic erasers should only be used in a pinch as they will strip off the uv protective coating that is manufactured into the vinyl. If you have any questions please email me at acedistributing@comcast.net. Thanks
Note to hatepain, next time you order let me know and I will send you the original formula of the cleaner which has a much lighter and different scent although I have to tell you are the first person who has said they did not like the scent

(Message edited by acedistltd on May 14, 2008)

(Message edited by acedistltd on May 14, 2008)
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-14-2008, 10:06 PM Reply   
simple green is fun and it smells delightful..
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-14-2008, 10:24 PM Reply   
No offense Susan but the Esqusite dosen't work near as good as the Malco and the Esquisite smells wierd. I am not a rep for Malco either, but have been doing custom upholstery work for twenty plus years.

(Message edited by wake upppp on May 14, 2008)
Old     (littletna)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-18-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
I've used exquisite for some years now and not only does it keep and clean your boat vinyl great it CONDITIONS the vinyl as well to keep it soft. I don't make a dime from this stuff but I'm telling you it works and for the money you can't go wrong. I personally don't think it smells wierd but to each his own.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-19-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
The Exquisite does work better than Babes at cleaning and you can tell it conditions well too but I just love the smell of Babes so I tend to use it more frequently for the end of day wipe down. Susan is dead on about magic Erasers they actually lightly sand the surface they're cleaning.
Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-20-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
Thanks guys/ gals
Old     (dailyssv)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-21-2008, 6:01 AM Reply   
whats malco?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-21-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
www.malcopro.com
Old     (heeb_v215)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-02-2008, 6:49 PM Reply   
Hey Sparky just wanted to Thank You for the input on the MalcoPro. I tried it on a little section tonight and it works great ..Thanks for the tip.....Heeb
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-02-2008, 7:25 PM Reply   
I tried the exquisite the last time one of these threads went around a month or two back. It worked great and left the seats conditioned. It does have sort of a cleaner smell to it but nothing bad at all and it went away quickly.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-02-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
I've got the exquisite as well. Works pretty good, does smell like carpet cleaner but it's not offensive in anyway.