Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-24-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
so I wanted to add a extended swim platform to the boat.. the platform itself is the simple part, but the question is, if you added your own, what did u use or buy for the mounting brackets? is there anything special about these... I plan on using a really thick peice of board as the backplating piece like it was done with my tower. Any other suggestions, tips, that one could give would be great!

T.I.A
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-24-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
www.swimplatforms.com

They make a great platform.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-24-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
im sure they do for 1300 dollars
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-24-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
isaac

Scott at swimplatforms.com is the real deal. I know it may sound expensive, but I think if you look into adding one from your dealer, you'll find it's much more. Maybe not though if you check out shipping and stuff from Scott. I researched this once and found out that Scott used to work with/for Searay and has been building platforms for dealers and end-users for a number of years. He's got a great reputation for customer service and a quality product. It wouldn't hurt to check him out.

I didn't move forward on it because it is pretty expensive and I didn't feel comforatable making the template myself (he hasn't done an 05 Maxum 1800MX yet I don't think). I do keep checking back from time to time though to see he's done one. It would be nice to have one though. Our little integrated one just isn't big enough and i worry about my wife and kids slipping and hitting the outdrive.

if you end up doing something let me know. i'd be curious how it turns out and what it costs.
Old     (sroot1)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-27-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
Isaac
We purchased a platform from swimplatforms last year and love It! We are very happy with how It fit and how much easier It Is to board now!
If I would make one myself I would have laminated sheets of Hi-density foam then glassed and painted. With epoxy, glass and foam i would have had at least 3 bill's into just materials.
Anyway all of the crew are much happier now not having to use the finger mashing ladder the boat came with.
Upload
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2006, 9:06 AM Reply   
Isaac, my dad made me a swim platform for my 01 Sang-Air. He used some type of dock material. I do not know the exact name of it, but I can find out tonight. It is similar to the material used on newer docks you see at marinas. I do know that the material was fairly expensive. Getting the right shape was the hardest part and mounting it was fairly easy. Also, I have had it for a year now, and it still looks brand new. The stuff doesn't fade like the regular wood platforms and you do not have to treat it. I live in Salinas and go to Coyote and Anderson quite often. Maybe I can show it to you some time.