Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-30-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
The Lousiville stop is really in Elizabethtown, KY. This is over 40 miles from the Lousiville Airport. So make your plans accordingly.Upload
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-30-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
camping options? Should have a decent group coming with me. Anyone else?
Old     (azatcher)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-30-2009, 12:36 PM Reply   
The lake is in a city park that usually closes at dark. So there will more than likely be no camping at the lake. The lake is only open to motorized boats that are pulling the tournament. There are only motorized boats on the lake a couple of weekends a year for events like this. If one wants to camp there is a KOA in town that I have never been to since I live here in Elizabethtown. There are several Hotels out by I-65. Local lakes are Taylorsville, Rough River, and Nolin. There are plenty of Camp Grounds at those places as well as a place to ride for anyone coming in early or staying a few extra days. Also Elizabethtown is located in a "Dry" county meaning that there are no package liquor stores in the couunty. Ther only places that sale alcohol in the area are restaurants. I will be glad to answer any questions I can about the local area, just let me konw.
Old     (reinle)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-01-2009, 11:43 AM Reply   
I think it is really cool how the city of elizabethtown has allowed a few tournaments on Freeman lake the last few years. I remember growing up in Bardstown and coming down to freeman lake with my family to picnic and fish. All of the family people that are planning on coming out for this event needs to make sure to bring the kids. Freeman lake has swings, jungle gyms, walking paths, and frisbee golf. Its a great place to hang out with the family. I have a lot of cool memories of when I was little at Freeman Lake park

So, you mix the family atmosphere with a lot of top notch riding, and it has to be an awesome weekend.

To add on to the dry town statement. Bardstown is only a 20 minute drive away, and is the bourbon capital of the world. There are lots of distilleries and things near elizabethtown to check out too.