Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-15-2010, 12:53 PM Reply   
so i hate to start another raley thread, but having had the chance to ride some cable a little bit this winter, i was able to learn some air tricks and really want to take the raley to the boat. the raley on the cable actually came very easy for me (thanks casey at ski rixen!) as i landed the very first try and i think every one after that, about 6 or 7 total, so I am familiar with how your body should be in the air/landing/etc.

my question is what are the key steps (mostly in the approach and release) to taking this to the boat? is there a moment where you "flick" off the middle/top of the wake? do you just sit back on edge the whole time and the wake will flick you automatically? or is it much different than i am imagining?

i tried some wakeskate raleys behind the boat last summer and they either turned into huge layed out backrolls or front flip type things and it was not comfy . most likely because my head was not straight off the wake or something to that effect. but i like i said, i have successfully learned them on the cable and since then am quite confident that i can get them behind the boat. just need to know what i should adapt or impliment to carry it to the boat. thanks in advance.
Old     (MDW2)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-16-2010, 7:31 AM Reply   
Jump on the wakeskate again and think about just looking into the boat or out in front of the horizon. I sounds like you're trying to throw it too hard. Yes thats possible, this mistake KO'd me a number of times. When you approach the wake Hard make sure you're CONTROLLED. Then as you hit the top of the wake release your edge and let your feet fly out the back. Don't over think it when you're behind the boat, just try to survive the first few and your experience from the cable should kick in pretty quick.
Old     (MDW2)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-16-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
Check out my site MidwestWakeCoach.com
The E-letter covers a lot about the mental aspect of learning a new trick.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       05-13-2010, 4:03 AM Reply   
i agree the wake skate trick works. overall the trick is basically the same. just a mental game. this is actually an easier trick than you think.
Old     (splashbenidorm)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-02-2010, 9:13 AM Reply   
try to advance your chest a little over the handle on the release, just keep your chest high and don't let your handle escape too far away. The boat pulls much stronger then a cable.