Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Ronixpilot            07-06-2010, 9:07 PM Reply   
I was wondering what division I should enter for world championships in Orlando. I can do about four inverts and should have some more before the tournament some of my tricks are all 360s switch and regular, heel side roll to revert, toeside front roll, heel side front roll, scarecrow, heel side front flip, and working on tantrums. I just don't know what division to enter thanks
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-07-2010, 5:01 AM Reply   
Well the main question is, how old are you? The divisions at worlds works based on age unless you are riding pro mens or jr pro mens. Boys is 10-13, jr mens is 13-18, mens 1 19-24, mens 2 25-29, then i think it is masters which is 30+. That would be a good pass for boys and masters, every other division you will get smoked (unless all of your inverts and spins are grabbed) and by the sounds of calling it a heelside "front roll" which is a backroll, you might want to save your entry fee. Now I was also under the impression that you had to qualify for worlds by your result in nationals but i could be wrong. Those age ranges are an approximation for the younger divisions. There is also a Jr. Boys I think for the really young kids.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-07-2010, 5:17 AM Reply   
I cant get to your profile, but if you are from the united states look at the following:

***Please note the Rule for the WWA USA National Championships:

*** In all of the amateur divisions NO non-US citizen athletes will be allowed to compete in the WWA USA Nationals.

*** New for 2010 this rule does NOT apply to the Junior Pro Men Division.

Regardless of citizenship Junior Pro Men may compete in the WWA Nationals

As a reminder ALL US Athletes MUST qualify from the WWA Nationals in

Reno July 14-18 in order to compete in the WWA Worlds in Orlando August 19-22.
Old    Ronixpilot            07-07-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
Okay thanks and I am 15 thanks for the help.
Old     (WisconsinWakeboard)      Join Date: May 2010       07-07-2010, 5:39 PM Reply   
The competition experience is amazing at one of these events. My first big event was WWA Nationals a few years ago, it was a great eye opener to see what i needed to learn. You would be riding in JR. Mens, which will be very competetive. However, you won't see the guys like Rahp Derome, Daniel Powers, Kyle Evans, or Nick Galotifore. You will be riding against other kids in a similar situation as yourself.

Don't be discouraged, you will see guys throwing some bigger spins (back 5s or front 7s) maybe a mobe or two in the JR Mens division, but you can and should enter if you are motivated to progress your riding.