Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old    cwbabsolute1080            06-13-2006, 11:40 PM Reply   
So I just bought both of these and I am going to ride both and see which I like better... just figured you all would like to see some pics of the new limited edition shanes and watsons..... here ya go! I tried both of them on and they feel amazing... had them on while I was playing xbox for a good hour or two and both pairs felt cumfy the whole time...

Heres a question..... Besides the closed toe, how are the shanes and the watsons built differently.... I have been told that the shanes are less supportive than the watsons but when I look at both boots, they are built exactly the same... do they use like different thicknesses of meterial??????? Also when wearing them not on a board they almost feel the same support wise?? Someone care to explain?
THANKS!UploadUploadUpload
Old    cwbabsolute1080            06-13-2006, 11:45 PM Reply   
.Upload
Old    cwbabsolute1080            06-13-2006, 11:46 PM Reply   
O and I am DEFF. KEEPING THE WATSON.... COULD BE THE GREATEST BOARD OF ALL TIMES....
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-13-2006, 11:47 PM Reply   
Tell your folks to adopt me!
Old    cwbabsolute1080            06-14-2006, 12:00 AM Reply   
no folks involved... I cant get them to give me money for anything..... 2 real jobs, neighborhood car washing, boat cleaning, and some lawn work, to pay for boat gas (THE BIGGIE), board/binding setup, and since I am only 15 I am saving everything I don't spend to put towards my car in 2 months.... going for a 2002 or newer Jeep Grand Cherokee V8, 4 wheel drive so I can pull the boat and have plenty of room for the ladies.... that or a tahoe... but anyway... like I said I am not keeping both, I am trying them both and selling which ever I don't like as much... I should get the parents to pay for this stuff... lol
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-14-2006, 12:21 AM Reply   
wow... kids are growing up fast these days - I didn't know it was possible to become a workaholic until you hit 20+
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-14-2006, 12:32 AM Reply   
Well good for you William! I'm in Real Estate and want that full Watson setup!
Old    cwbabsolute1080            06-14-2006, 1:32 AM Reply   
its good stuff... the board is amazing... crazy pop... good speed (not super fast but def on the faster side) and good control.. same with bindings... good stuff... no hands entry... tighten the laces and ride in luxury...
LATER
Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-14-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
hey Will what shop did u get em from?
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-14-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
i think those watsons are very ugly. the shanes are ok, i like them better then the regular edition shanes, but the watsons are hideous
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-14-2006, 7:52 AM Reply   
At least I wasn't the first!

The watsons are definitely not my thing. I'll take some straight black boots over the plaid.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-14-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
I think both of those boots are hideous, but they look comfortable. I love that board though, it will be my next board.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-14-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
Those Watson are SICK! Although it matchs my favorite Billabong board shorts too..
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-15-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
i think they both look hot....however has anyone ever considered putting the regular shanes on the watson board...that would be super dope!!!!
-Nate
Old     (jake5)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-15-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
I was wondering if the Shanes held water in.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-15-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
Jacob Garner.... Come on man! You've posted this 3 times... someone will answer, give it some time.