Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-18-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
I have a v215, it's a 1 1/8 shaft on there. I ordered a new prop from a bay area boat shop and the guy rung me up for an 1 1/8 on the receipt, but on the box it says its a 1". Its an OJ XMP 13x11.5

I measured it and the hole is only 7/8"...am I measuring from the wrong spot??? I measured the diameter of the shaft "bushing" part of the prop in the middle at the widest point and came no where near 1 1/8, I haven't tried to put it on yet and am considering returning it, but the shop is a good 60 miles from my house....if its the wrong size I'll definitly make the drive but then I'm out gas money and also out more time in getting my boat fixed
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-18-2008, 4:10 PM Reply   
Chili I just measured the ID of my new prop and it's 7/8" also. It's for the same shaft as you have and I got it from BoardItUP. Karl is pretty good so, although I haven't got it on yet, I'm sure it is right.
Mine's an ACME and is labeled 1 1/8" on the box. I don't think you have the wrong prop.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-18-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
You have a tapered shaft. The large size is 1.125" Measure the large hole on the prop and make sure it is over an inch. If you have a 1" prop, you have the wrong size - exchange it. You will know when you try to mount it - the prop will not seat down to the wear line.

Make sure you have a prop puller.

Call me at (616) 530-0442 with any questions. Karl
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-18-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
Gents,
I measured the large hole and its 1"
This is quite lame, on my receipt it says no returns on propellers but I sure hope they will give me my money back because he clearly gave me the wrong thing, its even documented on the receipt as a 1 1/8 and 1" on the box. not only that but I was assured it was new and this one actually looks like it has been repaired,on one of the edges. Maybe a new prop isn't in the cards for me and I should just get my stock Acme fixed and wait to go out for a week...
Thanks again Art and Karl, I appreciate the help
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-18-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
The large, front, side of my prop measures 1 1/16" with a tape.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-18-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
If you'd like I run a "goons for hire" business and I'd be glad to go return it with you.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-18-2008, 10:04 PM Reply   
Yeah I might need that, hopefully a respectable business will realize they sold me the wrong thing and return my money since it was unused, if they don't then we'll go from there, I know some guys that know some guys, just kidding!