Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (surfslalom)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
I currently weigh 115 and surf behind a malibu response ski boat. I surf with the wedge down so I have a decent size wake (around 3 ft?)I can surf without the handle and do surface tricks. What board should I get? my price range is 200-300 and I am looking for a skim style board, but am very open minded to other types of boards. I've been on a tsunami which feels HUGE.

Also: I used to be BIG into skimboarding in the ocean and have a sweet carbon/e-glass board. Any way of converting that into a wakesurfer? (I know i could ride it without fins, but it has NO traction.

Thanks for your time!
Old     (surfslalom)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
CORRECTION:

I've been riding a connelly "ride" wakesurfer
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-21-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
Calibrated. Seems that the best riders in skim style ride them.
http://www.calibratedwakesurfing.com/
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-22-2007, 7:08 AM Reply   
Jeff, I did the same thing to my skimboard 3 1/2 years ago when I 1st got into wakesurfing. It's extremely easy and I can give you some simple direction later. Sounds like the skim you have is high performance and will ride just fine.

Slotstick or Vic?
Old     (surfslalom)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
Yeah, my board is AMAZING in the ocean. Just about the best. Its a Bill Baxter Pro model. I would LOVE to get some instructions on how to convert it.
Thanks.