Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       09-01-2004, 5:53 PM Reply   
So I'm pulling out the drain plug after our session today and notice a bunch of trash on my intake manifold next to my carb. I'm like "what the hell?" upon closer inspection it appeared to be a mouse/rodent nest made out of straw and trash! It was about five inches in diameter, I wish I had my digi w/me. It amazes me how it could get under the dog house and climb all the way up my engine multiple times carrying nest supplies.

I have no idea how it got way up there, I take my boat out at least three days per week. I keep my cover on the ground where I keep my boat so I'm thinking it may have been in there when I threw the cover on last.

Any idea on how to get rid of this rodent on my boat?? Anybody else experience anything else like this?? Pretty nuts.

(Message edited by parkcityxj on September 01, 2004)
Old    walt            09-01-2004, 6:26 PM Reply   
Try a Mouse Trap
Old    g3revenge            09-01-2004, 6:26 PM Reply   
lay dryer sheets in the boat and in the blower vents.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       09-01-2004, 9:20 PM Reply   
put a bait tray in there
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       09-01-2004, 11:43 PM Reply   
Your lucky it didn't eat up your wires. My buddy had one eat up his wires in his Escalade while it was in the garage. Cost him $500.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-02-2004, 1:19 PM Reply   
yeah, the better question is where did the mouse get the nest supplies?

I bet he didn't climb out of the boat and run off to the nearest field! You had better look around inside the boat and see if things are okay.

As for moving pests with the cover: I have the opposite problem. I keep the boat a hundred feet from the launch ramp. I arrive, take the cover off and put it in the car. After a weekend of boating I put the boat away, take the cover out of the car and put it back on the boat. Except now I have spiders in the car.......

Rod
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-02-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
Mice can come in through your exhaust flapper...be sure to check and make sure you don't have a hole in the muffler or tubing that runs to the back of the boat.

Eric
Old    foobysmacker            09-02-2004, 3:04 PM Reply   
Haha reminds me of when I had an old I/O I found a similar nest under the folding rear deck where the bimini was stored. The bimini was all torn up to make the nest but I never found him.

Then when I went out the following weekend we were under way when were heard a huge screech and the motor died-- I was certain the thing got scared and jumped up into the fan belts!

Turned out the lower unit had seized up but it was still great for some good laughs while we were stranded-- talking about how the rat had got what he deserved for tearing all our stuff up.
Old    waterdog2            09-02-2004, 5:25 PM Reply   
I had a kangaroo rat fill my air cleaner box entirely with dry dog food, Ran like cra-. Buy poison. Put it where your pet's cant get to it. It work's great, but when they die they stink for week's.
Old     (dav51lin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-02-2004, 6:41 PM Reply   
i had this problem on my mustang that i do not drive over the winter ,ate up some wires and also made a nest,what works is to put mothballs aroundin your garage and or in the boat they do not like the smell and it does work.
Old    proskier            09-02-2004, 8:22 PM Reply   
you didnt happen to get a picture of this did you?