Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    lowa            07-08-2004, 1:27 AM Reply   
Hello! I started wakeboardnig last season. Now I thinking about new board. I weight 165 ibs. Which board is best for cable park? with continous or 3 stages rocker... ?
Old    txwkbrdr06            07-08-2004, 7:18 AM Reply   
Whatever you get, just make sure it had molded fins or no fins at all, cause they typically don't allow em at the cable park! I had to unscrew mine, though it didn't hurt me at all... is the cable all you ride behind?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-08-2004, 7:36 AM Reply   
IMO, the Hyperlite Motive is perfect for the cable. It has molded fins that carve a good edge for air tricks, provide stability on the landings, and are plenty loose for surface spins. Plus they don't interfere or snag when sliding the rails.

That's a Motive in my profile picture.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-08-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
I rode the Premier and the Byerly at OWC. I liked the Byerly best. I think that 3 stage might be a bit overkill at the Park and perhaps Continuous might be more bang for the buck for someone new to riding.
Old    skippy            07-09-2004, 2:59 AM Reply   
I'll second the motive as being a great cable board ( i ride a belmont & love it). I personally would not suggest going for a 3 stage rocker. If you are going to learn inverts then loading the line and hucking a backroll makes things a little jerky on a 3 stage compared to a continious rocker. try it you'll see what I mean. I also prefer a smaller board on the cable.

I landed a double s-bend on the cable on my 4th try last week and then broke my foot on the 5th try. sods law...
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-09-2004, 6:30 AM Reply   
Ewan, what cable do you ride at?
Old    skippy            07-09-2004, 6:48 AM Reply   
I ride at Princes Club in the UK.

p.s great pics in your profile.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-09-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
John,

I think I saw you at OWC back in February...gotta say you were awesome! Hope I can keep going and progressing as well as you have.

Eric
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-09-2004, 9:49 AM Reply   
John, I have seen you their at the OWC too. I was their when the PWT tour was going on this year. I thought it was awesome that you were their showing up all of the younger crowd. It was really impressed with your riding.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-10-2004, 5:53 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. I spend practically all my free time at OWC. I don't think any sport combines fun and exercise as well as wakeboarding. Next time you are there come up and say hi.