Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    wicomico            10-15-2003, 8:50 AM Reply   
i'm looking to get some new wake dvds (and add some to the xmas list) any suggestions on new wake dvds that are A.) more than 25mins and B.) not clogged w/ wakeskating or toolbox skits. anybody seen metronome? depth charge? thanks
Old    draino            10-15-2003, 9:24 AM Reply   
check out sidewayz.com. there are tons of promos. It's hard to find a video without wakeskating anymore, almost every vids has a little.
Old    blind5            10-15-2003, 9:44 AM Reply   
metronome is bad a. it has a lot of riding in it as well as some funny/entertaning bonus footage that isn't acually in the riders sections. i don't really like depth charge, to much about the mine and not enough riding

has anyone watch blacklist yet?
Old    wicomico            10-15-2003, 10:26 AM Reply   
thanks for advice on depth charge. i heard blacklist was pretty sick but i think it was via advertisement, not word of mouth.
Old    wicomico            10-15-2003, 11:01 AM Reply   
invisible cinema? free4all? incomplete? running w/ scissors? i'm thinking i should just buy everything and drop out of school to watch them full time when the water gets too cold.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-15-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
Delta Sessions is 99% wakeboarding and has no filler material. Sidewayz sells it or Westsideconnection.net to buy direct.
Old    veganx            10-15-2003, 12:43 PM Reply   
Invisible Cinema is very good, but it doesn't sound like you'd like it. The editing is similar to Linear Perspective and Decline of the Waterski Monopoly.

Free 4 All is solid.

Incomplete has insane riding, but the video quality isn't great. If you like classic rock, the soundtrack is good, however, I wasn't a fan.

Running with Scissors is basically the older version of Boombox. Most of the same riders, similar editing, and similar music. Metronome is Justin's newest (and best) film.

Depth Charge doesn't have much riding in it, but it does have great extras. There is a shop loop on it that has teasers from most of the current and upcoming videos, along with a few of the older ones.

Riderographies isn't bad. It shows some of the riders' homes, which is kind of interesting.

My Side surprised me. It's much better than last year's Concussion Project, which is also included on the DVD.
Old    upupnaway            10-15-2003, 3:31 PM Reply   
Metronome kills! great boarding, a little skate, and a little crazy gap action, but still an all around good wakeboarding vid.
Old    lachlantait            10-16-2003, 12:58 AM Reply   
all for nothing is and awersome flick same with insurrection
Old    wicomico            10-16-2003, 3:24 PM Reply   
delta sessions is getting some hype. i'm not in the east/west coast stuff. but i don't know about a video w/o any murray, parks, darin, struharik, etc...
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-16-2003, 3:39 PM Reply   
Ive been watching wide awake, project watson, all or nothing, boombox, running with scissors, the faction, and F4A i put em all on my computer, im watching F4A alright now, all good movies
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-16-2003, 3:39 PM Reply   
Wouldn't you like to see some different riders with different styles? instead of the same guys all the time?
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-16-2003, 3:45 PM Reply   
i dont like style... I prefer rides who stay right behind the boat for about 20 minutes!
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-16-2003, 3:56 PM Reply   
metronome and my side are my favorites right now. both have awesome riding and a variety in the riders. blacklist isn't out yet but im gonna get it as soon as it does. i don't like depth charge becasue the footage isn't great. All or nothing is also great if you like the hYpe team