Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-07-2013, 5:19 PM Reply   
Hey, I'm thinking of changing up my set up for boat riding. Right now I have a ss newton which has been really great. I went to a s.s. because I was riding a lot of cable for a while, but this summer I've focused more on boat riding. My board is starting to crack and I don't think it will last too much longer, and I kind of just want to change things up. I've never ridden a ronix or cwb so I am considering the ONE and the MARIUS setup boots and board (that i've found for a good price).

Because pretty much all boards boast "great pop", I think I'm keying in on a ride that is really smooth from edge to edge. I like to ride at a boat speed that is a bit faster, and I do more spins than inverts. Soft landings are nice, but I'm in pretty good shape and can handle some of the tougher landings fairly well. I go through too many boards, so something that will hold up would be nice

Ive ridden the WITNESS from 2008(?)- loved how it rolled from edge to edge. 2006 SHANE- rode really well with that, but I think the shape has changed quite a bit (?). rode a MAREK once- nice edge hold, but it was a 146 and felt too big.

Never ridden a ONE or MARIUS. Like I said, I'm looking to switch things up, haven't ridden a CWB since my first board the NIRVANA , and the product looks really good.

So, if anyone has any good reviews on any of these and some more specifics on how they ride, I'd be very happy. And yes, I've been searching the forums, not quite finding what I need to help decide. Thanks All!
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-07-2013, 5:26 PM Reply   
and I'm really curious about the Marius- boots look so nice and the package price for boots and boards is great. Wondering how it rolls onto its edge being so wide in the mid section.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-07-2013, 5:43 PM Reply   
What year Marius? I have ridden the Marius since 2008.I currently have a 2011 Marius board and boots.I love them!! It rolls from edge to edge easily and has plenty of boost off the wake. With the continuous rocker it's very consistent off the wake.The double center spine makes for very smooth landings even in the flats. I'm sure the ONE is a great board too.Unfortunately i've never ridden one so i can't give input.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-07-2013, 6:08 PM Reply   
Looking at a 2013 Marius board and boots. How have you found the board to hold up strength wise? I'm not a super heavy guy, but I just seem to break boards It looks like a great set up. I hear of the One breaking a lot- one of my concerns.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-07-2013, 6:24 PM Reply   
I haven't had one break yet. But i let a friend ride and he popped the carbon handle into my old board and it left a indentation.I let others ride it for the past couple of years and it hasn't gotten any worse.We put about 125 hours a season on our boat and i wakeboard at least 3 to 1 to my wife who also has a Marius.She has the 134 though. I was 180lbs when i first got my 140 Marius. Now i weigh 160 [stopped lifting weights] and i ride the 141.I also heard the One's were breaking in the past,but haven't heard that lately.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-07-2013, 6:28 PM Reply   
hey, thanks for the info! much appreciated.
Old     (yjwrangler95)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-07-2013, 6:41 PM Reply   
I have an older marius and really don't care for it much, its super heavy but very durable. I also have a 13 Ronix Bill with 13 Parks bindings and LOVE it. Super light, tons of pop, tracks well and is fast.

The Marius was to heavy in my opinion and didn't track well for me.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-07-2013, 7:46 PM Reply   
I sell wakeboards down at the local shop. From what I know about the Marius boot/board combo, the board is very heavy, and has a nice maneuverable edge on it. It has thick concaves running along the bottom the board that reduce the drag by a ton. The boots are closed toe which are preferable and have good control. The only dislike-able thing about it is the hardware, which drives me away from every single cwb board. The ronix one is probably the highest praised and rated board in the shop, light and smooth riding, with carbon material inside the board with Rods that help kick off the wake. The boots are comfortable and extremely light. The parks boots and board are also a phenomenal combo, no one is disappointed with the boots especially. Soft, and super light, with a fair amount of flex. The board itself is designed to have a nice kick off the wake with a wide base for a smooth landing. Depending on your style of riding, a good board is key for becoming a great wakeboarder. Hope you find what your looking for.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-08-2013, 3:45 AM Reply   
Marius heavy? People usually comment how light my board is. At 7.7 lbs it's right in line with others. The boots don't weigh but 2.2 lbs for the pair.It doesn't seem to hold Trevor Hansen back on his 900's or his double backroll. I've never had any hardware issues for the last 6 years.What are the hardware issues?
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-08-2013, 6:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Marius heavy? People usually comment how light my board is. At 7.7 lbs it's right in line with others. The boots don't weigh but 2.2 lbs for the pair.It doesn't seem to hold Trevor Hansen back on his 900's or his double backroll. I've never had any hardware issues for the last 6 years.What are the hardware issues?
Working at the shop, we've sold a few of them (2 exact) that came back with blown out claw mounting brackets. The brackets pop off or break off, and our customers come back for new brackets and bolts. The "claw" hardware system is probably the least reliable, even though the design Is creative and flashy.
Old     (Rad_Matty_D)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-09-2013, 8:53 AM Reply   
The Marius is anything BUT heavy. I've owned many many CWB boards and I have liked riding their product.
2008 Marius 140
2009 Vibe 142
2010 DB9 144/Various test boards
2011 DB9 144
2012 Faction 144
2013 Marius 141

I think it's quite light weight especially compared to the 2008 model. CWB completely redesigned their boots a couple years ago and are the most comfortable they've ever been.

Coming off the Faction in 2012, I thought the Marius is a lot more of a looser board which sometimes I get off axis coming off the wake but I've gotten used to it and am really enjoying riding this board