Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-07-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
I'm looking at buying one of these boards. I really like the press but the roam is so much cheaper. I was wondering if the press is that much better to justify the extra 200 bucks. I was also wondering how they do behind the boat
Old     (premier141dna)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-07-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
ronix covenant. rode it and loved it.
Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-07-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
What about the substance grind? Thats right around the price range of the Roam.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-07-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
I thought the press is more like slingshot and the roam is more like a snowboard.
Old     (midwesthouse)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-07-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
A roam does not have any fins and is very flexible, while the press has 4 side fins but still is flexible. The covenant and the roam are very similar; very loose and fun. I have a roam and don't like it behind the boat because it is so loose. I ride a Slingshot and demoed a Press. The press is thicker and less flexible than my slingshot. If you are looking for a flex board to ride behind a boat, I would look at a slingshot recoil or response or the LF press.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-07-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
Id suggest slingshot too.
you can probably find a good deal on an '07 board e-bay or some other place. some are selling their '07 boards because only the slingshot boots fit (currently anyway, but the future WILL bring more companies with 4 hole mounting, like company wake i bet)
A friend of mine got a complete '07 setup for $160 or so off e-bay i think

ANOTHER option would be the Obrien flex line: the Local or R5. they are getting lots of attention currently and are quite cheap in price AND offer a full waranty, even after hitting sliders!
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-08-2008, 4:53 AM Reply   
How do the roam and covenent land? I need a real soft landing board due to old age and hurting body. The press lands super soft but was wondering how the other two land?
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-08-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
I have both, but have only riden' both only once. The Press was nice and rides like a wakeboard on the water. It was my first run on the year and it felt good, fairly loose, pops well and held a good edge.
The Roam is completely different. Way more flexible. The Roam does not ride like a wakeboard. I didn't really get the pop of the wake (it was tiny though)
I thought the Roam was a fun board to play around with or maybe hit some rails with. The Press is a board I would use as a full out wakeboard just with a bit more flex and soft landings.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-08-2008, 10:28 AM Reply   
I really don't like the substance. Its a little too slow and lands too hard for me. Don't get me wrong its a good board I personally don't like it. I need a softer landing. That's why I'm looking at a flex board. I guess I need to try to demo one of the "snowboard" boards, covenant, roam, R5 etc. I've ridden the press and I love it.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-08-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
Justin do you ride the press with the fins on behind the boat?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-08-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
O'brien Local! Its Bad A$$!
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-08-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
Ok I looked at the Obrien Locan and R5. How does the local land. I'm interested in it due to its price and waranty. Does it ride more like the slingshot and press as a wakeboard with flex or is it more of a snowboard feel?
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-08-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
Ok I looked at the Obrien Locan and R5. How does the local land. I'm interested in it due to its price and waranty. Does it ride more like the slingshot and press as a wakeboard with flex or is it more of a snowboard feel?