Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-29-2008, 7:12 PM Reply   
May 23rd I have booked a half day Wakeboard lesson with one of the pro riders down there. The cost is 349.00 for half day. Right now it's me and a guy named John so we would like to get maybe one or 2 more people? with 3 guys its just 120.00 a piece with 4 guys obviously about 85 bucks a piece. I think it would be worth it. I booked it on a Friday on purpose so we would have the lake to ourselves and the water would have a better chance of being nice. Any takers?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-29-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
Who is the pro rider giving the lessons? Just wondering.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-29-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
His name is Nick. I can get more info if anyone is interested. Heck I just want to get my w2w more consistant and maybe land a 180
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-30-2008, 12:12 AM Reply   
$349 are you serious? Tell him to shuv it. I'll give free lessons to anyone that gives me pulls. I'm sure there are a lot of willing people out there to help you get your wake jumps dialed. For $349 you better be landing a mobe at the end of your half day.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-30-2008, 7:00 AM Reply   
Good call Nick!! You don't need to pay someone to teach you how to go W2W. There are plenty of riders around that would love to help you out and all you would need to do is give them a pull. Of course if you don't have a boat, that's a different story

Flight007,
I just checked your profile, and I think if you fill up your boat like you did in that pic, I'm sure most guys would pay you to come out and teach
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-30-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
LOL
Old     (dyer)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-30-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
Flight. The family and I are going to be up there Memorial day weekend. I am not the greatest rider, but I could probably help you out with a w2w and the 180. One of my friends that we ride with in Sac helped me get the 180 down last year. I can give you the same pointers he gave me.

My in-laws have a houseboat at Bridgebay. We normally go to the Obrien inlet. We will be there from Thurs. to Monday. My wife's little brother will also be there. He has been to a couple of camps, so he will probably have some tips.

Let me know if you are interested and we can exchange numbers. My cell normally works up there.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-30-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
I've paid for coaching twice. seriously, for what you are trying to learn, there are a lot of people that can help you for a lot less money, or free.

I paid for more expensive coaching when it was time to learn flips, but that was it.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-30-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
^^^True but there is a huge difference between someone who has worked with hundreds of beginners and knows what people do wrong and how to correct it and someone who can easily do w2w and 180s and beyond but is not really able to explain how to do it.

To get my w2w toeside dialed in I spent the money on a coach and it made a massive difference. I rode with many people who could do ts w2w no problem but nothing they said seemed to help much. When I really had a coach work with me and he was able to see what I was doing wrong and work with me on the mechanics, in one day of riding I was landing grabbed ts w2w no problem.

Not that I'm not saying that there aren't non-coaches who couldn't teach just as well, just that because someone is a good or great rider doesn't make them a good coach.
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-30-2008, 12:14 PM Reply   
Flight:

It is true about the lesson from what all the above posted. If you are going to be there for Memorial Day why don't you just join me and my crew on my HB for the weekend. I will have many excellent riders on board and anyone of them would be more than happy to help you out.

We all get stoked to watch someone progress.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-30-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
Agree with what Nick and J said. The pro is "some guy named Nick"...This goes back to the thread a while ago that anyone who gives lessons and gets paid for it calls themself a pro. There are plenty of guys who you can take with you that will teach you the basics for free. Not worth it to spend that much money on lessons to learn W2W
Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-30-2008, 1:04 PM Reply   
Yeah, i agree with the rest, a month ago i couldn't go W2W, however by paying FATSAC a very large ransom of gas, food and beer, i can now go W2W...also have to thank Tate for some pointers to go W2W on a very steep & wide Calabria wake....
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-30-2008, 5:01 PM Reply   
Ok I was a tad excited about the lesson before posting now I am not sure I want to go through with it. Kimmy, I might take you up on the memorial day houseboat thing. Jdyer I will shoot you an email.
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-30-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
Flight, I sent you an email about Memorial Day. I think you should join us you would have a great time.

Dyer I am going to head from Silverthorn to Little Backbone so we won't be far from you. We should exchange cell numbers so we can meet up, have a drink and meet a new Wakeworld person.

I have an excellent crew going.
Old     (dyer)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-30-2008, 8:37 PM Reply   
Kimmy - I sent you an email with my contact info. Hope to see you all there.

Flight - I always think that hanging with a good group of folks will do wonders for your riding. I'm sure Kimmy and her crew will be able to help you out with some pointers to help your riding improve.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-02-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
Dan,

My vote would be to take Kimmy up on her offer. Plenty of cool peeps out there willing to help you out.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-02-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
all you have to do is take people out that are;

a. way better than you,
b. willing to teach.

there are a ton of people that "b" applies to.