Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-27-2009, 4:45 PM Reply   
Day 1: http://wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2303
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-28-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
Day 2: http://wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2303

Rathy and Soven win again!
Old     (wakeboardlf25)      Join Date: May 2007       06-28-2009, 2:50 PM Reply   
king of wake standings are gonna be crazy close with clifford, rathy, and adkison
Old     (mckenna)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-28-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
awesome consistancey from rathy and clifford. on fire boys!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-28-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
I'm blown away that Harley podiumed again. Crazy! Not to overshadow Rathys win. He's on fire.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-28-2009, 4:18 PM Reply   
Not to mention Adkison! He might be one of the most improved this year. I have to agree that the consistency with those top three is pretty amazing!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-28-2009, 4:19 PM Reply   
The standings have been updated if you want to check out where everyone ranks overall.

King Of Wake: http://wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2206
Pro Tour: http://wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2260
Jr. Pro Men: http://wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2261
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-28-2009, 4:25 PM Reply   
We've also announced the winner of the Company Tino Santori board/binding/vest/line/handle/hat package in our Pro Tour Prognostication contest.

http://wakeworld.com/contests/2009/ProTour2.asp

Don't forget to sign up to win a Company Eddie Valdez board/binding/vest/line/handle/hat package in our next Prognostication contest. In an attempt to break the ties, we're making it a little tougher because now you have to guess both first and second place in both divisions...

http://wakeworld.com/contests/2009/ProTour.asp
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-28-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
And as if I didn't have enough posts in a row on this thread, Company has just announced that they are going to give away TWO board/binding/vest/line/handle/hat packages for the last Pro Tour stop. We'll be running with a "Legends of Wake" theme and giving away Gregg Necrason and Randall Harris packages!! Whoo hoo!!
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-28-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
Harley won't be at Nationals so that will blow his chances of K of W for '09. He will prob be winning it for years to come anyway.
Old     (juiceman831)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-28-2009, 9:46 PM Reply   
No one in Southern California wins anyways so whats the point in playing the game...its always some dude over in the northern states where theres never an opportunity to ride cause its snowing or whatever...Give the stuff to a year round rider like me...jeez the guy's probably win and sell the stuff in a month or so...Laters...HAHAHAHAH watch all the responses...lol!
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-29-2009, 4:48 AM Reply   
WHATS UP WITH JD, PHIL, AND RUSTY THIS YEAR. LAST SEASON THERE WASNT A PODIUM WITHOUT THESE GUYS, AND THIS YEAR THEY ARE IN THE SHADDOWS......WEIRD.
Old     (mckenna)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-29-2009, 5:15 AM Reply   
yeah you would think those boys especially phil would be super hungry!
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-29-2009, 5:27 AM Reply   
I like it. Just shows how much work Rathy has been putting in in the off season and now it's starting to pay dividends for him. The funniest part is Harley the phenom from down under. How old is this kid 16? Based on up-and-comers from the past he should be just a contender in the Jr. Mens, yet he's dominating in the Pro division - I dont think that's ever happened before.

I mean when Phil was riding Pro really young (back when he was Froggy) everyone knew down the road he would be one of the top guys in the division, but he wasn't winning tour stops. I dont know about you guys but I love it - nice to see some new faces and ppl really stepping up. Looking forward to the finals vids..
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-29-2009, 5:54 AM Reply   
Parks dominated the tour at that age, and his rookie year too i believe
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-29-2009, 5:59 AM Reply   
What a weekend! Here is a very amateur and low res sequence i just threw together of "the Cobra" on sunday morning (9:30 AM). He didn't advance (got beat by rusty and Danny) but he did throw some huge tricks including this one off the kicker. The previous night he had to get stitched up (from a fall on the fun box) and still went out and killed it. I'll post up some more photo's later of the entire weekend.

Upload
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-29-2009, 6:26 AM Reply   
^ Not sure that is Corey Bradley (CoBra) on a Hyperlite !?!?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-29-2009, 8:25 AM Reply   
It very well could be Corey on a HL. No longer on the C-dub team.
Old     (sharpechad)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-29-2009, 1:27 PM Reply   
vid up of Knoxville PWT finals at http://chadsharpe.blogspot.com check it out
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-29-2009, 1:58 PM Reply   
Wow, the water didn't look exactly like glass. :-) I really wonder how many spectators they get at these things (i.e. does it really matter financially to them?) I would much prefer then to find a stretch of abandoned river, and then video it and broadcast it out live like the Masters. I'd pay $10 to watch good vid of the weekend instead of in person...and the conditions would be much better!
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-29-2009, 3:41 PM Reply   
The conditions were a little better than I anticipated. There was some wind, but more problem was the rebound off of the "volunteer landing" and the bridge piers. Not as good as Fort Worth or Kenosha, way better than previous years in Kelowna(sp?).

The PWT needs spectators not so much for the gate but for sponsors who are there with booths for marketing purposes. Lots of talk about the really poor turnout in Kenosha. Rockstar, Mastercraft, and all the board companies pay big dollars for the tour, they depend on the marketing return on investment from the promotion at the tour.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-29-2009, 5:17 PM Reply   
Interesting to see if more people come when the pro women are there as well?

You wonder what is going to happen to the pro tour??
Old     (dguille)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-29-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
Well I can say this past weekend was packed. We went to the event by land in the morning on both saturday & sunday to shop and watch some from vol landing and then at lunch took the boat and watched/party with the 35+ boats that were there. Not quite the boat turn out as Achworth last year but its the 1st year. If you look at some old pictures of Achworth it wasnt as packed as last year. During the semi's it looked like Vol landing had a good 300 people watching from Calhouns all the way down to the end of the booths. Great times!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-29-2009, 8:42 PM Reply   
Corey is on a Hyperlite now, good move.
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-30-2009, 5:21 AM Reply   
It was packed, and from what I'm hearing all of the vendors did REALLY well. Each time I walked around I saw dozens of people leaving with surf boards, board packages, wake-skates, sun dresses, reef sandals etc... that they had just purchased. It looked like everyone that attended was having a good time either by land or water.

Harley off the dub. (I've got the entire sequence in high res if the VT epic guys want to contact me i'll send them to you)
Upload
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-30-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
What LF board is Harley riding in that last photo?
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-30-2009, 11:13 AM Reply   
I thought the event went off really well. We hung out at Calhoun's all day Saturday and went into the event area on Sunday. Also, scored me some Oakley Frogskins sunglasses and some boardshorts for the wife. Hopefully, with the good turnout we will see a repeat at Volunteer Landing next year.
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-30-2009, 12:53 PM Reply   
i was there too all weekend. does anyone post attendance numbers? this was my 1st protour. and i rode up river (saturday morning) and down river (friday)...much better conditions either way.
Old     (bill_c)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-30-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
Harley is riding the old model watson board with new 2010 graphics

Bill
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-30-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
is watson going to get a new shape next year or will it be the same shape with this graphic.

(Message edited by jsweat on June 30, 2009)
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-30-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
Watson is supposed to be getting a new shape.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-30-2009, 5:31 PM Reply   
I've been to probably a dozen pro tour stops over the last 5 years and thought the attendance was slightly over average. I didn't think it was very spectator friendly but it was cool being so elevated above the water level. The spot at Vol landing is horrible for water conditions. The area is lined with flood walls and rip rap so there is nothing to prevent rollers from bouncing back all over the course. Never really stayed in Knoxville before, but we loved the city and the super friendly people. My family had a great time. Oh, and big thanks to Jason Baggett for all the help and free tickets! The bad thing was I went home completely broke, I bought a new board and bindings for myself and my youngest son, a Sector Nine long board for my oldest son, a new mainline and handle, and a bunch of apparel and stuff for my wife and daughters. I think we need to eat Mac'n'Cheese for awhile and stay at home, going to Knoxville was like getting married as far as my wallet was concerned.
Old     (jasonba1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-30-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
Brett you are more than welcome and glad I could help you out and you enjoyed Knoxville. I hope all the info. I gave you was beneficial and glad you got some new gear.