Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-10-2008, 7:39 PM Reply   
Shaun what you are doing is awesome.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-10-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
Right, we need to get a list of people down. It would be awesome if it could be done unorganized, but unless something is set up and organized, and people all arrange things and find those closest to them, then it won't work out all that well...

And if that thing comes to Smith Mountain Lake, I better know about it!
Old     (fmaxturbosi)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-10-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
I'm down!
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-10-2008, 9:48 PM Reply   
If the 145 comes AZ way I would love to ride it.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-10-2008, 10:30 PM Reply   
Shaun~

when the board gets back to you you should take it out and ride it once for a video section, comp, or something.

maybe its already been mentioned, but making a thread on wakeworld that keeps track of people with the board, kinda like the journal idea, would be kool to i think
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-10-2008, 10:31 PM Reply   
shaun ive been trying to demo the board for days but my shop dont got 1 yet here in the bay area so put me on the list for the 140
2263 Cabernet Way Livermore CA 94550
for Kyle Marriott Lol
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       03-10-2008, 10:54 PM Reply   
^ beggar.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-10-2008, 11:03 PM Reply   
I think sending them to clubs is a great idea!! We've been riding year round, usually twice a week, so I'd venture to say Orlando would be a good place to start and then it could make it's way to Texas, and then north from there!!

I was wondering where you'd been Shaun, hadn't seen you pop up in a while lol!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-11-2008, 4:30 AM Reply   
Cool idea with signing the board once you ride it. Getting a list together of who has it and where it is sounds like the best plan. Then you can keep track and make sure it keeps moving or doesn't get "lost" in the shuffle.
The NJ crew would love to get on the list and demo it. We'll keep tabs and keep it moving to the next group/state.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-11-2008, 4:42 AM Reply   
i think it's a great idea, and i'd love a chance to ride it! (and if someone gets one here by may 10th, i could take it to the mile high meet and greet) i don't care what size. note to self: since i just bought my nephew a NON-shaun murray board (sorry!) for his high school graduation, i need to make sure he doesn't ride it so he won't know what he's missing! LOL!
Old    sealyon.net            03-11-2008, 6:32 AM Reply   
Let's all agree to not get upset if one dosen't make it our way. This is a really kind offer to do this on Shaun's part.
Old     (philuk)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-11-2008, 6:38 AM Reply   
Is a great idea Shaun, would be good if there was a way to get this over to Europe as I know the riders here would appreciate the chance to try the board.
Old     (davros)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-11-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
definitely a great idea
Old    sealyon.net            03-11-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
Hey Shaun, take me off the list. I'm going to put a 135 on my next order for me.( my wife's going to beat me) That might give someone else a change to try it out.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-11-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
Shaun, If you can get a 135 or 140 to Dallas we could Demo it at one of our Wakeboard Church nights. We normally have a large group that rides on Thursday nights at a local lake. Good chance for quite a few riders to demo the board.

Patrick
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-12-2008, 6:11 AM Reply   
Shaun.......Sorry it took me SSSSOOOO long to get back on here. If it wasn't for my buddy Matt telling me about this post...might have been delayed further....Crazy busy with work. I love the idea! I totally agree with you Shaun. People need to ride this board. It rides so different than anything I have been on in the past. Absolutely love every characteristic of this board. I even put my wifes new Syn board (with boots) on the scale. Which BTW is the 137..aka Tribute. Dropped the Murray 140 (with boots) on the scale...Unless I am going blind...the Murray almost came in 2 lbs under the Syn 137. The weight, materials and design are just a perfect combination that equals an awesome ride. Love the signature idea..good community...support our sport activity. Shaun.. I would love to be one of the first to give it a signature...but our lakes are frozen over right now..might be april before I can ride it locally. I have been riding my board out of state on a couple business trips.. One in Texas and the other was in Arizona. So I am hoping for another trip soon because I am getting stir crazy here...lol! Shaun, let me know if you or Gerry will be out touring this year (idealy...both of you would be awesome). I can get some friends and do a clinic. Let me know what I can do to help with this idea Shaun. I think it would work out perfectly. what about sending out the 135 and 140 in two different directions? Too bad the boots can not be a ride and drive too. These things are awesome!
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-12-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
I can write up a little code and put it up on a website to schedule the shipment of the board from one person to the next. If we had each person enter the serial number of the board they get (and not display that anywhere), then we would always know who had it last, and where they sent it.

Could make the scheduling/tracking easier.
Old     (badassstang2006)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-12-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
shaun, you should kind of look at doing like a drawing, have everyone submit a form for who wants to ride. In this drawing tho everyone wins. you draw from start to finish and then from there you make a print out with address on who its suppose to go to. I think that way everyone that checks this can put what size they want to ride and where they are from. that way you can seperate what boards go to what people due to sizing. but you can def. send it to topeka kansas, we are always out riding and would have a great time tryin it out.
Old     (savage)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-12-2008, 5:19 PM Reply   
Put me down, I wanna try the new Murray before I buy it. Awesome idea...
Old     (wake_passion)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-12-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
Shaun, Dude this idea totally rocks! Your creativity in this industry is as creative as your ridin I love it! I live in Iowa and would love to get in on this even though the ridin season doesn't start for like another two three months! But don't forget bout us small town guys! Keep up the great work you do!
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       03-12-2008, 8:10 PM Reply   
i guess i'll hop on the list i need to try out a new board. put me down for the 140