Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-12-2004, 7:48 AM Reply   
Any helpful hints in terms of storage, use, cleaning, etc.? What kind of things should you NEVER or ALWAYS do?
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-12-2004, 7:56 AM Reply   
Clean meticulously especially if it’s been near salt water, avoid sunlight and keep it on a nice wide coat hanger not folded up.
Isn’t this the time of year you should be getting the dry suit out not storing it away.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-12-2004, 8:03 AM Reply   
I heard NEVER put it on a coathanger :-) As far as starage, I meant like we used it today, and won't again for two weeks...
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-12-2004, 8:36 AM Reply   
I’m still using a Typhoon dry suit I’ve had for over 15 years and it’s lived on a nice wide coat hanger (not one of those nasty wire ones that dig in) for all of those 15 years, except when I had it on.
Its far better than folding it up and cracking all the wielded seams your only other option would be to have it flat on the floor (nice talking point in the living room).

(Message edited by dbjts on October 12, 2004)
Old    walt            10-12-2004, 9:44 AM Reply   
I've been told to keep the zipper zipped up to prevent damage to it and to spray all the seals with 303 .
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-12-2004, 9:56 AM Reply   
I keep mine in the ice chest. Kepps the UVs out, humidity consistant.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-12-2004, 10:17 AM Reply   
I got a new one last year and the directions said to fold up and keep in an airtight bag to keep the latex seals from drying out.

But mine is in the closet on a big fat plastic hanger.
Old     (john)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-12-2004, 10:42 AM Reply   
Bees' wax on the zipper. Food grade silicone on all latex seals. Wide plastic hanger in the closet. All items available at any dive shop.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-12-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
Barefoot International has the zipper wax & seal spray, so you do get the wrong thing trying to get something at Wal-Mart.

www.barefootinternational.com
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-12-2004, 7:33 PM Reply   
i store mine on a hanger with the zipper open, like the little booklet that accompanied it suggested.

check out this page for wetsuit/drysuit storage suggestions: http://waterski.about.com/library/weekly/aa092897.htm
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-12-2004, 11:27 PM Reply   

Thanks for the help guys. Sounds like there's a little black art to it. I thought the hanger might damage the neck seal, but that folding it might cause creases/holes.