Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (loudelectronics)      Join Date: Sep 2013       10-15-2013, 8:01 AM Reply   
This is going to turn into a chit storm I know but Here are some good photos comparing the two hulls.

Tige has been using the Convex V with Delta Pad since 03. The ARS continues to utlize this platform but teh rest of the hull as changed to further enhance its capabilities. Looking at a G23 hull they also started using a delta pad. So both boats use the Delta. That said the shapes surrounding the delta are very different. So at first glance they look similar until you really get under the boats.

So to put the who copied who to rest... 2003 is when it started and tige had it first. The coanda effect is the real deal and both boats capitalize on it and the delta or convex v is a good place to start.
Attached Images

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-15-2013, 8:45 AM Reply   
I'll be honest, from those pictures it's hard to tell much. Who cares though, it's a mute point. Some people are going to buy the tige, and some the nautique. All these boats have copied one another for years.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-15-2013, 10:43 AM Reply   
tige might want to beef up the trailer axles.. looks like its ready to tap out in that last pic and wheels are going to shoot off.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-15-2013, 10:52 AM Reply   
* moot point.

Mute is the button you push to turn the sound off on your tv.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-15-2013, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
* moot point.

Mute is the button you push to turn the sound off on your tv.
Yep mistype, but you obviously understood what I was saying.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-15-2013, 11:09 AM Reply   
Yes. No worries. I don't know why, but it bothers me when people use the word mute for moot.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       10-15-2013, 11:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
tige might want to beef up the trailer axles.. looks like its ready to tap out in that last pic and wheels are going to shoot off.
The truck that is pulling the trailer is turned hard to the right which is making the axle flex like that.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-15-2013, 11:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
Ha!
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       10-15-2013, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonshark View Post
The truck that is pulling the trailer is turned hard to the right which is making the axle flex like that.
Also illustrates why you shouldn't park like that with any trailer, if possible the driver should have tried to back up and/or pull forward to get the lateral load off those axles.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-15-2013, 1:47 PM Reply   
Those tie downs are gross!!!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-15-2013, 1:47 PM Reply   
Looks like a tube rope.......
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-15-2013, 1:50 PM Reply   
Looks like the boat that pulled the MY Wake Challenge, that thing was not ready to go for that comp at all! Once again a boat manufacturer wants to reveal a new model too soon! (before it was dialed)
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       10-15-2013, 2:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
Looks like the boat that pulled the MY Wake Challenge, that thing was not ready to go for that comp at all! Once again a boat manufacturer wants to reveal a new model too soon! (before it was dialed)
Can you explain? That's the first I've heard of this.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-15-2013, 2:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
What was wrong with it?
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-15-2013, 3:16 PM Reply   
I've been critical of Tige in general and of the G23 specifically, but, I have to say,
Tige blatantly copied the G. Now that it was been determined that the new XStar hull is the best in the industry this Tige/CC feud seems a bit anticlimactic...kind of like the Special Olympics or Obama's 2nd term in office.

Tige's attempt to get into the "Big Three" and push out Malibu by copying a hull has backfired. I'd put them down in the "Bottom Three" now with Sanger and MB. I bet all the Tige execs sat around their boardroom table which is no doubt topped by an enormous prehistoric turtle shell and said while stroking their beards "hmmhhhhhmmmmph click click no one will know see.....mmmeeeeyeah....see yeah...." (spoken like a 1920's gangster).
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-15-2013, 3:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Now that it was been determined that the new XStar hull is the best in the industry
By who? i seem to have missed this voting. Is it like the emmy or the grammy? did Pro riders vote on his, or MC's peers? regular consumers? ooh, ooh, I got it, MC awarded this to themselves

Jet, you do a good job at stirring the pot, keep up the good work as it brings humor and laughter to these otherwise serious topics.
Old     (loudelectronics)      Join Date: Sep 2013       10-15-2013, 5:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
I've been critical of Tige in general and of the G23 specifically, but, I have to say,
Tige blatantly copied the G. Now that it was been determined that the new XStar hull is the best in the industry this Tige/CC feud seems a bit anticlimactic...kind of like the Special Olympics or Obama's 2nd term in office.

Tige's attempt to get into the "Big Three" and push out Malibu by copying a hull has backfired. I'd put them down in the "Bottom Three" now with Sanger and MB. I bet all the Tige execs sat around their boardroom table which is no doubt topped by an enormous prehistoric turtle shell and said while stroking their beards "hmmhhhhhmmmmph click click no one will know see.....mmmeeeeyeah....see yeah...." (spoken like a 1920's gangster).
that is what I am showing in this thread. The ARS is not a copy of the g23. The g23 has a hull based off of a tige design. The ARS just continues down the tige line. Plus there are some real differences between the hulls when you actually get to see them. However both have a convex shape with delta pad. nautique copied tige all the way.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-15-2013, 5:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
By who? i seem to have missed this voting. Is it like the emmy or the grammy? did Pro riders vote on his, or MC's peers? regular consumers? ooh, ooh, I got it, MC awarded this to themselves

Jet, you do a good job at stirring the pot, keep up the good work as it brings humor and laughter to these otherwise serious topics.
Common knowledge is common knowledge. It's not sexist it's science...
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-15-2013, 6:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudelectronics View Post
that is what I am showing in this thread. The ARS is not a copy of the g23. The g23 has a hull based off of a tige design. The ARS just continues down the tige line. Plus there are some real differences between the hulls when you actually get to see them. However both have a convex shape with delta pad. nautique copied tige all the way.
This thread is useless, like teets on a male mammal and that stupid thing on the bottom of Enzo's that no one knows how to use.

Other useless things are MC's surf tabs and CWB4ME's opinions...

Last edited by JetRanger; 10-15-2013 at 6:05 PM.
Old     (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-15-2013, 6:16 PM Reply   
@JetRanger , if anyone will be pushed out of the "big three" it will be mastercraft, they been sucky lately. Malibu, Tige and Nautique innovate, while mastercraft does nothing but "bling, bling" and thick vinyl.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-15-2013, 6:41 PM Reply   
If CC copied tige, how come the tige wakeboard wakes from the last 10 years have been "average" at best for inboards? You never see a lot of great things said or pictures or videos of Tige wakeboard wakes. Not like you do from the "Big 3" anyways. Maybe cause all the people who buy them only surf
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-15-2013, 7:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronoss View Post
@JetRanger , if anyone will be pushed out of the "big three" it will be mastercraft, they been sucky lately. Malibu, Tige and Nautique innovate, while mastercraft does nothing but "bling, bling" and thick vinyl.
Unlikely. They have too many game changing things that they've used to change the game and now that the game is changed they will change the game some more with their game changers...
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-15-2013, 7:36 PM Reply   
Who says x star is best wake out there???? I have rode everything out there now and I have an axis and I can say without a doubt no questions hands down the g is the best out there by a mile. I thought the star was good when clean but it was very very sensitive and the interior seemed smaller than my a22. I've heard good things about the a24, to say the x star is best out there is comical.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-15-2013, 7:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by superair502 View Post
Who says x star is best wake out there???? I have rode everything out there now and I have an axis and I can say without a doubt no questions hands down the g is the best out there by a mile. I thought the star was good when clean but it was very very sensitive and the interior seemed smaller than my a22. I've heard good things about the a24, to say the x star is best out there is comical.
Everyone I know says XStar is the best. MC also has the best overall boat lineup with at least 4 game changing models.

Game...

Changed!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-15-2013, 8:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Everyone I know says XStar is the best. !
Ok, so you and your friends are part of the MC fan club and voted the X the best hull
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-15-2013, 8:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
Ok, so you and your friends are part of the MC fan club and voted the X the best hull
It's been best hull on Team Talk since 1999. Where's your God now?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-15-2013, 8:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
It's been best hull on Team Talk since 1999. Where's your God now?
2014 hull has been around since 1999?
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-15-2013, 8:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
2014 hull has been around since 1999?
Almost around as much as your mom!

Game

Changed!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-15-2013, 8:48 PM Reply   
It seems the XStar has evolved much like Jet's mom. That may be why he loves it so much. Just got bigger, wider, heavier, uglier, fuller figured with hips, and filled with more make up over the years.

Seriously tho I love Jets comments. Always crowd pleasers. MC did have one huge game changer. They had the only phantom boat ever produced in 2012 that had the best wake ever built and won boat if the year.

Signed
A Maverick

GAME

OVER
��

Last edited by xstarrider; 10-15-2013 at 8:56 PM.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-15-2013, 9:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
It seems the XStar has evolved much like Jet's mom. That may be why he loves it so much. Just got bigger, wider, heavier, uglier, fuller figured with hips, and filled with more make up over the years.

Seriously tho I love Jets comments. Always crowd pleasers. MC did have one huge game changer. They had the only phantom boat ever produced in 2012 that had the best wake ever built and won boat if the year.

Signed
A Maverick

GAME

OVER
í ½í´«
Ok...let's get off moms...

I just got off yours...

Game

Changed!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-15-2013, 9:59 PM Reply   
I wonder if Jetranger even likes MC boats or if he is just mocking them.....
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-15-2013, 10:20 PM Reply   
this reminds me of chatts smarty pant comments I used to see! too funny
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-15-2013, 11:03 PM Reply   
Yea just caught the sarcasm in his first comment
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-16-2013, 3:23 AM Reply   
Jet Ranger sounds like a spoiled 5 year old!
Old     (fic)      Join Date: May 2008       10-16-2013, 3:54 AM Reply   
Hey jet ranger just to get your valued opinion , if Tiges design didnt matter over the years why did Nautique buy a 22ve in 2006 and tear it apart to study its design?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-16-2013, 6:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fic View Post
Hey jet ranger just to get your valued opinion , if Tiges design didnt matter over the years why did Nautique buy a 22ve in 2006 and tear it apart to study its design?
I am willing to bet this happens more in the industry than this specific case you heard about... Its called investigative reporting. What does your competitor do well? Do football teams watch game videos of opponents they are about to play to try to find their strengths and weaknesses to capitalize - same thing brah. Sorry, Tige isn't special in that Nautique studied them. Its called doing what it takes to stay on top
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-16-2013, 6:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
I wonder if Jetranger even likes MC boats or if he is just mocking them.....
501s: I try to mock all boats based on proportion of fandom on this forum. So, the more people like a boat, the more I mock it.

I do it to be ironic and facetious to make you clowns see how stupid you all sound arguing with strangers about who makes the best wakeboat when it's clearly MC

501s my presence here is strictly a metaphor, a message in a bottle from seas far yonder telling all you fools to get off the computer and out on the water.

Now that being said if I was buying a new wakeboat tomorrow it would be an MC, followed by a Nautique. I'd rather sit on shore than get a pull behind a Tige.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-16-2013, 6:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
501s: I try to mock all boats based on proportion of fandom on this forum. So, the more people like a boat, the more I mock it.

I do it to be ironic and facetious to make you clowns see how stupid you all sound arguing with strangers about who makes the best wakeboat when it's clearly MC

501s my presence here is strictly a metaphor, a message in a bottle from seas far yonder telling all you fools to get off the computer and out on the water.

Now that being said if I was buying a new wakeboat tomorrow it would be an MC, followed by a Nautique. I'd rather sit on shore than get a pull behind a Tige.
Yet your wide ranging (much like your moms grand canyon of a vagina) intellect didn't know the difference between "hull" and "model". That is all I was pointing out. All the leaves are gone up north, til the snow flies, let the sh*t fly!
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-16-2013, 6:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Jet Ranger sounds like a spoiled 5 year old!
Yeah, a 5 year old who can articulate at a doctoral level? I have been spoiled though.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-16-2013, 6:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
You Tige guys are really clinging on to this one. My opinion? Nautique studied its design to determine what NOT to do while building a wakeboat.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-16-2013, 6:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yet your wide ranging (much like your moms grand canyon of a vagina) intellect didn't know the difference between "hull" and "model". That is all I was pointing out. All the leaves are gone up north, til the snow flies, let the sh*t fly!
Well played sir, well played.

Last edited by JetRanger; 10-16-2013 at 6:22 AM.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-16-2013, 6:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Clearly to copy their design and come out with an identical boat 7 years later and just rename it a g23... Tige didn't invent the delta pad. They also didn't come up with the rear end design of the asr that's pretty obvious by the rounded edges that are identical to the g. Maybe it's not innovation, its evolution and more boats will start to have that look as well. Lets not kid ourselves here, its a fact nautique came to market with it first though. Nobody ever had a boat with the rear corners rounded off like that until nautique did it. Does it matter? Not really. It is what it is.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-16-2013, 6:21 AM Reply   
Still can't tell if this is serious or not. Sarcasm doesn't project well over the interwebs.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-16-2013, 6:59 AM Reply   
My favorite line by far: "I'd rather sit on shore than get a pull behind a Tige." That's laughs.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       10-16-2013, 7:08 AM Reply   
The butthurt is strong in here....

Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-16-2013, 7:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
My favorite line by far: "I'd rather sit on shore than get a pull behind a Tige." That's laughs.
My favourite line is the comparison of my birth canal to a national landmark...
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-16-2013, 7:56 AM Reply   
Birth canyon
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-16-2013, 8:00 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^ good times
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-16-2013, 8:12 AM Reply   
The Grand Crevasse...
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-16-2013, 10:21 AM Reply   
TJ and Timmy, it was basically a speed control issue, and at one point the boat died and wouldnt start, they played it off as running out of gas, but I suspect it might of been something else.( I could be wrong on this) The wakeboard wake was awesome, I prob should of not said it wasn't dialed. It was, a nice looking ride and wake tho!
Old     (fic)      Join Date: May 2008       10-16-2013, 3:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am willing to bet this happens more in the industry than this specific case you heard about... Its called investigative reporting. What does your competitor do well? Do football teams watch game videos of opponents they are about to play to try to find their strengths and weaknesses to capitalize - same thing brah. Sorry, Tige isn't special in that Nautique studied them. Its called doing what it takes to stay on top
So you admit copying a Tige design was how to stay on top, thats all I wanted to here.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-16-2013, 3:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
So you admit copying a Tige design was how to stay on top, thats all I wanted to here.
He meant to say "not doing what Tige does in their design is how they stay near the top."

What else do you want to "here?"
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-16-2013, 3:19 PM Reply   
Would CC investigate a Tige hull to design a hull that produces a great wakeboard wake ? Very Very unlikely...

Would CC investigate a Tige hull to find out what produces a great surf wake? very likely.

Would Tige investigate a G3 hull to design a hull that products a great wakeboard wake? Damn skippy and I fully support that decision.

PS. Great news! The great state of Arizona reopened Jetrangers moms aged canyons this past Saturday. http://www.nbcnews.com/travel/grand-...eal-8C11388645
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-16-2013, 5:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by goride View Post

PS. Great news! The great state of Arizona reopened Jetrangers moms aged canyons[/url]
I've heard its awfully dry out there this time of year.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-16-2013, 5:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by goride View Post
Would CC investigate a Tige hull to design a hull that produces a great wakeboard wake ? Very Very unlikely...

Would CC investigate a Tige hull to find out what produces a great surf wake? very likely.

Would Tige investigate a G3 hull to design a hull that products a great wakeboard wake? Damn skippy and I fully support that decision.

PS. Great news! The great state of Arizona reopened Jetrangers moms aged canyons this past Saturday. http://www.nbcnews.com/travel/grand-...eal-8C11388645
It's a well known fact that I don't have a mother. I was spawned on another planet and shot to earth on a rocket ship to avoid my own planet's destruction.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-16-2013, 5:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
You admit to being a laughable fellow with ridiculous herein' skills.

I appreciate your attempt. Well volleyed sir but, overhead SMASH in your face! If you showed the public exhibit A and exhibit B and said "Exhibit A landed on the market in spring 2012 and they've been in full blown production since" with supporting evidence that "Exhibit B landed on the market October 2013 and aren't available for sale yet" people would overhead smash your B copied A argument

I haven't gone on any board and said Tige copied Nautique. If you asked me if I thought that, I would say no, not direct copy, but its pretty obvious at the stern of the ARS boat what happened...
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-16-2013, 5:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
It's a well known fact that I don't have a mother. I was spawned on another planet and shot to earth on a rocket ship to avoid my own planet's destruction.
And hence.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-16-2013, 6:09 PM Reply   
Quote:

I haven't gone on any board and said Tige copied Nautique. If you asked me if I thought that, I would say no, not direct copy, but its pretty obvious at the stern of the ARS boat what happened...
BRINGO! But I mean they did copy , then woo hOo another big wake!! Even though these pigs are the wrong direction IMO.

I will say this though. NCRS/g23 hull has a very similar bottom line to the tige's/taps. Very apparent when seen on a trailer side by side....

But then again isn't a delta pad MC's thing?

And then the step down hull chines from the xstar, aren't those a CC thing?

And tribal graphics, aren't those an MB thing? Maybe MB and malibu boats are the same.... Look at this love child.

These inboards are starting look pretty inbred if you ask me.
Maybe all the inboard boat companies are also owned by kent sports so we should just buy sangers....
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       10-16-2013, 7:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sounds familiar and it actually makes a ton of sense now.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-16-2013, 9:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonshark View Post
Sounds familiar and it actually makes a ton of sense now.
They tried to make me apologize for party rocking but I said no!

Houston, I like your steeze (style), I'd like you to date my sister...
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-16-2013, 10:07 PM Reply   
everybody body knows that the "delta bottom" technology was brought to light in the wakeboard industry by ¡O'Brien!

ok ok only the people that ride O'Brien boards would know that fact...
Old     (fic)      Join Date: May 2008       10-17-2013, 3:35 AM Reply   
Delta pad or not, only Tige has had a non planing hull in the wake board field and now Nautique has one , end of story!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-17-2013, 5:33 AM Reply   
Quote:

Houston, I like your steeze (style), I'd like you to date my sister...
Let us know when you break up with her
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       10-17-2013, 7:13 AM Reply   
Quote:

Houston, I like your steeze (style), I'd like you to feed my sister...
Have they stopped feeding her?

Last edited by Houstonshark; 10-17-2013 at 7:20 AM.
Old     (JWalk)      Join Date: Aug 2013       10-17-2013, 10:24 AM Reply   
I would like to start by saying obviously I am partial to Nautique as I have been selling them in the Houston area for a while. All BS aside you have to hand it to Tige, the fact that there is even a thread comparing it to a Nautique says a ton about the company. Five years ago I can honestly say that I can't remember even going up against them. They are on the move and they are definitely a company to watch out for. Just Sayin
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-17-2013, 10:36 AM Reply   
"Would Tige investigate a G3 hull to design a hull that products a great wakeboard wake? Damn skippy and I fully support that decision."

My question is this: Would Tige purposefully, (but not willing to admit) want it to be know that they copied the G so that they could sell more boats. I think they would. I think Tige is ok with people saying, "it is the same wake as the g, only cheaper."

They want to leverage the g-likeness of their boat any way they can.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-17-2013, 10:38 AM Reply   
"It's a well known fact that I don't have a mother. I was spawned on another planet and shot to earth on a rocket ship to avoid my own planet's destruction."

That is the kind of stuff I used to say when I was like age 10. You sure you are old enough to drive a boat?
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-17-2013, 10:42 AM Reply   
"All BS aside you have to hand it to Tige, the fact that there is even a thread comparing it to a Nautique says a ton about the company."

Huhh, I agree the people at Tige must be rocket scientists. However did they come up with idea of copying someone else's boat. Quite the innovation? They are brilliant??????
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-17-2013, 11:50 AM Reply   
Anyone that says any boat is a copy of another is stupid.

If the hull of the Tige looks like the hull of the Nautique, is it really that surprising? They are both boats, they are both trying to make the best wake possible and there are only so many things you can do to shape the water coming off the ass end of your boat. So if one company figures out a hull shape that is leaps and bounds better than others, wouldn't it make sense that creating the ultimate wake requires something similar? Regardless of when it was released or developed or humped your mom, they are just boats, get over it.

When Bad Ass created the first molded fin boards, did everyone bitch and complain about Hyperlite stealing their design (well kinda, yes) or did we enjoy the benefits of better riding shapes? Once again, there are only so many ways to manipulate the flow of water...
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-17-2013, 1:54 PM Reply   
Here is a good picture of the hull.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-17-2013, 7:31 PM Reply   
First my mom now my sister...!?!

I may be a soulless bastard whose heart is seven sizes too small but even I suffer through the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune...

I'll summarize this thread so far.

Tige guys having wet dreams over ASR. Nautique guys and Bu guys couldn't care less and the boat is not even a blip on their radar. MB guys are happy as their manufacturer no longer makes the ugliest boat. MC guys be like "Tige who? What's a Tige...?"

Now please, more mom and sister jokes please...because it makes me the center of attention which I want to be and it lets Tige guys distract from the fact that the ASR is a blatant copy of the G23.

I can't wait for Tige's next model...a 24' boat with 2' pickles and hips...they'll call it the "Tige Star."
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-18-2013, 10:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
What was wrong with it?
Might be easier to list the things that went RIGHT with it.

Right after they finished the wakesurf competitions they drove that ASR around the lake like a crazy tuber trying to dial in the cruise and other issues. The first day I think they spent close to 3 or 4 hours working on it while we all sat on the 52 degree shore in 25mph winds. Finally they pulled 3... yes THREE wakeboarders (one of which was my son) to wrap up the day.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-18-2013, 10:48 AM Reply   
I'm not a Tige hater either. (I'm definitely not a fanboy of their marketing though) The boat was nice. I liked it! Riders thought wake was extremely narrow but they all still liked it too.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       10-18-2013, 11:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveflat View Post
I'm not a Tige hater either. (I'm definitely not a fanboy of their marketing though) The boat was nice. I liked it! Riders thought wake was extremely narrow but they all still liked it too.
Wouldn't a tall, narrow wake be kinda desirable? Of course you would have to get used to it but it seems like it would help to keep from casing the wake. I wonder if the speed was just too high?

I would imagine any speed set issues had to do with the new HD Tige Touch from Medallion. I doubt they even had much time to test it prior to shipping the boat.

Speaking of the new Tige Touch, I still really dislike the trim around it and the placement of the hard button controls. How cool would it have been to have the touch screen be a removable dock for an iPad mini that runs a slick Medallion app for controlling everything the Tige Touch does plus audio and whatever other apps you want to run?

These proprietary touch screens should really go away. We've stopped using them in the home almost immediately following the release of the first iPad. The proprietary screens are just too limited and are far too expensive.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-18-2013, 11:45 AM Reply   
Yes, tablet apps are the future for this in my opinion!
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-18-2013, 1:16 PM Reply   
I just noticed Tige missed out the "E" on the boats name. Surely it should be a Tige Arse ???
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-18-2013, 1:24 PM Reply   
damn, it's called an ASR. Oh well.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-18-2013, 4:42 PM Reply   
Tige is like the new kid on the block. All the regular neighborhood kids hate him and talk chit about him. Why? Because all the girls think he's sexy and their jealous!
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-18-2013, 7:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Tige is like the new kid on the block. All the regular neighborhood kids hate him and talk chit about him. Why? Because all the girls think he's sexy and their jealous!
Whoa Robert. I made this joke months ago!
You going back a few months and regurgitating my words? You have any independent thoughts of your own?

Tige are great boat if you are budget conscious, don't care what people think about you, like mesh seats, hate wakeboarding, and are blind.
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-19-2013, 12:58 AM Reply   
Why do people get their knickers in such a twist about brands? So what if one company borrows an idea, they likely have a budget to then improve upon it , which leads to improvement or further innovation.
I drive an Audi, that doesn't mean I hate every BMW and feel the need to rip into them all the time, the same goes for boats, I've owned mastercraft and nautique, but would happily look at any other brand that fits my needs so long as the buy price and expected depreciation stack up .

Regarding the wakes, my guess is that the vast majority of the people on this site, myself included would be more than satisfied by the wakes from boats developed 15 years ago. We are certainly not hindered by the size of the wake, instead it's our ability.

Just my take...