Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-29-2011, 1:25 PM Reply   
I have a few style questions so I don't feel so dated this summer.

If I wear my shorts over my wetsuit do I wear another pair of board shorts under my wetsuit for when I take the wetsuit it off?

How many of you wear your shorts over your wetsuit then strip it all off until your naked then put your shorts back on?

Do you have to buy two sizes of shorts one for over and one for under?

Do you wear anything over a drysuit?

I think it was easier when I was a child. Shorts under the suit.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-29-2011, 1:48 PM Reply   
Sounds like far too much of a pain in the ass, just wear them under the wet suit.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-29-2011, 1:56 PM Reply   
I just roll naked under my boardshorts. change on the boat ,maybe throw the shorts over the top if theres chicks around. wetsuit suction +cold water= things girls should not see.
Old     (jps912)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-29-2011, 1:57 PM Reply   
For sure go naked in the wetsuit its way more comfortable.
I always just change in a towel and sometimes people get a free unwanted show but o well.
If you feel like you have a big butt wear the shorts over but thats all up to you.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-29-2011, 2:07 PM Reply   
Why is it harder now? Do what you want. I only wear shorts over my suit when I'm wearing a shorty for a little extra wind protection. I dont wear anything under my suits, because its uncomfortable. I only ever wear one pair of boardies.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-29-2011, 2:21 PM Reply   
I have a huge johnson so no worries there. How about a pair of those tight 1980's lycra pants under my suit for the boardshort swap. You know to protect everyone's including the less endowed's dignity.
Old     (wakenymph)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-29-2011, 2:54 PM Reply   
hey tim, if you are really packing that much heat you shouldn't have to worry too much about it.... that's just a girls opinion!
Old     (jpods22)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-30-2011, 5:57 AM Reply   
naked under wetsuit for sure. I could not imagine anything under my wetsuit all bundled up like that. and as far as taking off the wetsuit on the boat........all depends whos around.... but I have a beach towel on my boat that is as big as a blanket, I remember last spring just putting my whole body under that, like my own little changing room. Because it was just me my buddy and his g/f.

Tim- get the biggest beach towel and throw it over your whole body to change out of your wetsuit.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2011, 8:10 AM Reply   
Aright too many of you are taking me seriously. I never understood putting shorts over a wetsuit and the mention of shorts over and under a wetsuit should have sounded absurd to someone.

It's always good to see Wakeworld come out of it's winter hibernation as the weather up north starts to warm.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-30-2011, 9:10 AM Reply   
I just rock my Wetsuit. To hell with looking cool. I let my riding make up for my gumby suit!
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-30-2011, 9:16 AM Reply   
Dude Tim i was laughing when i read the first post, but then my mood changed as i read all the responses and was like "wait was he serious?" nothing feels better than riding wetsuit only. its like the socially acceptable way to be naked in the water.

There were some good tips in here though about the super big towel to just put over your head. that would free up your hands and make things much better/easier despite looking goofy for a minute.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-30-2011, 10:11 AM Reply   
I wear my boardshorts over my wetsuit and drysuit. I know people think its weird but something about wearing a skin tight wetsuit... when the waters reallly cold... with nothing covering it... i shouldnt have to elaborate more...
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-31-2011, 6:07 AM Reply   
Ha, gumby suit. Maybe a grass skirt would work better than shorts.

I wish someone would wear their shorts over suit when I go scuba diving...
Old    readyaimfire            04-01-2011, 12:39 AM Reply   
I wear my shorts over, makes me feel like it's warmer than it actually is
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-01-2011, 9:16 AM Reply   
One word. SNUGGY for the changing.

But if we're talking seriously, I wear compression shorts under my wetsuit to avoid an accidental peep show when changing. If I'm wearing a wetsuit to ride, I've stopped bringing board shorts, cause it probably means that I'll want to just put on some warmer clothes afterward. t

I'll admit that I did used to wear boardshorts over the wetsuit, but then i decided it was too much of a pita to deal with.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-01-2011, 1:18 PM Reply   
"Kinda like the mesh holding my..."