Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (holmes)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-30-2011, 7:18 AM Reply   
Hey Guys,
Saturday we are hitting it hard!!! Cooler weather, no wind, vacant lake, so let's ride!!! We are putting our boat in Saturday morning around 9:30 at Frank's Marina, our buds from Georgetown and Austin are coming, and the football crew is coming out as soon as practice is over. Skill level does not matter at all, let's get together, meet, hang out, and ride!!! It would be great to have several boats out for a day of wake!!!

If motivation is an issue I have attached a couple videos to get you fired up. The guy in the videos will be riding with us Saturday and he can't wait to hit Lake Belton!!!! Come on, throw the boat in the water or hit me up at jholmes7105@sbcglobal.net and let's ride!!! More boats sure would help!!! Brazos River riders, Travis and Lake Austin peeps, come on, we are going huge!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e14CS...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdJ-...e_gdata_player

Please don't hammer me if I posted in the wrong place or something....Just an old dad trying to encourage a little progression!!!

Thanks,
JHolmes
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-30-2011, 4:04 PM Reply   
I'll be out there Sunday morning about 8am in the Axis trying out my new SS Recoil board.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-30-2011, 5:39 PM Reply   
I dont live near there but shred it up baby!!!!!
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-30-2011, 6:01 PM Reply   
we'll be on the other side of the lake, but might try to stop by. its been years since ive seen you at one of the old Belton Lake Wake Riderz meetings. but i remember your name.
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-30-2011, 7:27 PM Reply   
Hey what's up guys, random question for you Texas local guys...
I'm heading to TSR and a couple other cables in Texas (not totally for sure yet) October 22nd and I was wondering what the weather is usually like there in October, rideable?? I'm a Cali native and pretty much just ride Cali and florida
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-30-2011, 8:40 PM Reply   
If we can survive the droughts September through November is the best time of the year
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-01-2011, 6:00 AM Reply   
il be thereeeeeeee were goin big mista holmes!
Old     (holmes)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-01-2011, 6:11 AM Reply   
Thanks for the replys...Cory, J Holmes is a easy name to remember, been catching $hit since 7th grade over the name. Ryan, October is the best month for riding in Central Texas. Weather is usually mid 80's, light winds, water is not cold, and lakes are empty. If you are headed up I-35 from TSR to the Dallas area, we are half way. Would be happy to get a crew together and give you some pulls on our home lake.
We are gonna have a blast today and I'm sure JB will be posting up some new video.....
Stay positive, introduce new peeps to the sport, and, as always....GO BIG, BABY!!!!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-01-2011, 6:12 AM Reply   
We went in April a couple of years ago.Temps were okay but it was a little windy.Had lots of fun still.
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-01-2011, 5:41 PM Reply   
Thanks a lot guys for the reply and the locals info. I really appreciate it. Thanks Holmes for the offer for the ride that's awsome and I may just take you up on it and bring my buddy that'll be with me that rips it on the cable but cant even jump the wake hahaha not my style but hes a cool cat. And if your ever in NorCal more than happy to give you guys a pull
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-01-2011, 5:55 PM Reply   
how did it go? we put in and Rogers at 2:30.
i imagine it was quite chilly if yall ready did hit the water at 9:30
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-01-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
awesome day ill upload the video of me and jarrets stunt in a bit
Old     (holmes)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-01-2011, 7:12 PM Reply   
Awesome day!!! Got one kid up for the first time, he rode well. Several young riders enjoying an perfect day!!! Did I say perfect day? Entire lake was butter!!! The big guns rode later, so close to landing a 900, and the entire boat wanted it to happen...bad.

How about something new for our lake???? We always love riding doubles and triples, but no one has been crazy enough to do JB's double raley trick....until today!!!! That's right, boat slump'n, crew fired up, JB and Jarrett launch several closely timed raleys!!! A couple we a little to close!!! Way to close! One launching under the other....nuts!

We had a blast, loaded up at six. Just needed more sun screen!! Even met a family who drove up from Marble Falls to ride belton from the wake world post....wow!

This old dad loves the lake, a good crew, and progression!!!!!!!
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-01-2011, 7:44 PM Reply   
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-02-2011, 12:44 AM Reply   
That double was pretty nasty...in a good way.