Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-09-2007, 11:54 PM Reply   
great day today. thanks to everyone for makin' it another great canyon lake comp!

loooooooooooong day today, so here's a few pics for now.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-10-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
Nice Joe...that first shot is sick!
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-10-2007, 7:42 AM Reply   
The water in that first pic is so smooth, great picture. That is the cleanest looking Epic that I have seen, I prefer that look to some of the bold graphics on the earlier boats.

(Message edited by srh00z on June 10, 2007)
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-10-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
wow....i wish i had a wake like that..
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-10-2007, 8:41 AM Reply   
I love the looks of the Epic. Thanks for posting.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-10-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
Great day for sure. Thanks to everyone for all the hard work putting on the contests.

I will say that Epic wake was friggin huge i tell you. It wasn't the best combonation for a bum knee though and it worked me pretty bad. It was a great day out on the water and some guys and girls had the wake dialed and were going huge.

Check out http://www.wakeboardclub.com/ for pics...should be up in the near future
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-10-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
Hopefully someone got good shots of the wake.

Joe,
With the 4000lbs of ballast what speed do you have to run the boat at to have a clean wake and have the boat plane out?

I remember some of the Canyon comps they had a loaded down B52 ( ithink it was the Valdez's boat) But they had to run the boat at 26mph or higher to get a clean wake and to also get the boat to plane out.

Anyways looks like a nice day out there.
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       06-10-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
All I can say was that Epic wake was booting people...thanks to Epic and MB boats for sponsoring us and bringing out the boats!! Thanks to everyone who helped put on the event. Thanks to all the riders and spectators for making sure it was another awesome event.

results are posted CLICK HERE

Damien
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-10-2007, 2:28 PM Reply   
No bow eye hook? (first picture)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-11-2007, 12:19 AM Reply   
more pics

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jkuzma)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-11-2007, 12:26 AM Reply   
I so Wanna ride behind a EPIC boat One day.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-11-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
great shots. who is that in the last picture? going BIIIG!!!
Old     (mrs_porkchops)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-11-2007, 7:42 AM Reply   
WOW, I had so much fun- 1st comp, come in 3rd in Women's Masters, and get my picture on WW! Wow, who could ask for more . Thanks for the pictures Umali (not the most flatering, but I will take it) and at least I got my butt out there to ride. Thanks for a great comp, CLWC and all the sponsors- Great time was had by all.
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       06-11-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
Thats Jimmy Wolf in that last shot...by the way, I think he is on his way down...it was HUGE!!!
Old    bocephus            06-11-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
Hey,
How much weight is in this boat??
Upload

Everytime I have seen Jimmy with the Epic here in Arizona they are towing it with a little 2wd truck, but in that picture it looks like it weighs a couple tons...Did you leave the ballast full or something? I thought the Epic was super light on the trailer...What's the deal, the truck looks like it's going to bust a #*@!!!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-11-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
That sportsmobile is sick!
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-11-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
Nice pics Joe!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-11-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
bocephus, nope, ballast tanks were empty. the epic is super light on the trailer. the reason it looks that way is because my truck is lowered, and i don't have much of a rise on the receiver.
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-11-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
a little off topic....but for joe.....did you notch the frame or bag it?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-11-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
i bought it lowered and my mechanic friend said they used springs.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-11-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
Excellent photos Joe. That first shot is the money! I did the all white and the simple lettering.
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-11-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
well...probably for the front...but i was referring to the back...no need to get into here...i was just wondering....looks good though....a little sag with the boat hooked up but that's cool.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-11-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
Great pics Joe. It looks like everyone was going big behind the Epic!
Old    mendo247            06-11-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
Nice pics, lots of smiley faces! That all white boat looks sick in the water! i love the bow ring below the waterline...
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-11-2007, 3:32 PM Reply   
Great shot of Jimmy, that is awesome!! A fun day of Epic proportions for sure. The shots capture the fun of the day and made me smile, thanks!

Huge props to John Cranny and Joe Umali with MB Sports and Epic Boats of Lake Elsinore for showing up with the mindset of having a great time themselves. AND sponsoring the cash purse for our open division.
Also to Ben Simms with Hyperlite and his lovely wife Becky for being such a great additions to our club. We would also like to thank Adam with Liquid Force and Tim Vanderlinde for their donations to our raffle.
The heat was really put on by the unexpected pleasure of having the caliber of riders show up to throw it down. Jimmy Wolf, Charly Marquardt (both who have been associated with the CLWC for years, we love you)showing up to turn up the heat on our own Jacob Valdez(the little brown kid that can wakeboard). The Hoffman girls making the trek down from northern Cali with their lovely parents, Mark and Gina and throwing down the gauntlet to our womens open division with the likes of Gretchen Hammarberg riding and pulling it out for the win.
Speaking of our women riders, our womens masters division, really stepping up with our own Jamie Culp,Carol Simon, Cindy Frew,(our financial pit bull)Julie Klaas (our admin queen)and my personal right arm and Childrens director Yvonne Hughes battling the likes of Geri Robertson (the hardest working rope chick on the planet) and Alison Blaha who are both laughing at all of us. and yes, I robyn valdez did do a demo for the masses on the beach. Handling crowd control (and announcing as I rode was Jacob Valdez who will forever be etched in my mind as making me cry in the water with his kind words.
Put that into play some great food from Rockit Tacos and just great wakeboarding people and it turned out to be a great day!
We would all like to thank the hardworking members that set up and tear down and constantly are working the entire time. Henry Valdez, Robbie Valdez,Jacob Valdez,Robert, Yvonne, Ashley,Cory and Megan Hughes and Walt and Carol Simon, Thank you ALL so much for your hard work with set up and tear down security at the gates. And without the hard work of Damien and Julie Klaas for computer and admin and just cracking me up throughout the day our contest wouldn't go on. Thanks to Brent Baum for keeping things running with the judging and driving. There is so much work involved, Byron Baum, Burton and Colton Quik and Randy Murray our beloved photographer, Love you all and thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-11-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
Man, oh man, was I right, how could I not thank Jeff (porkchops) Frew and Cindy Frew for all their hard work and efforts for the club at each and every event. We love you guys and appreciate you sooo much!!! hugs,robyn
Old     (raequelhoffman)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-12-2007, 8:58 AM Reply   
That was such a fun weekend! Soo much talent down there, way friendly and helpful people and an Enormous Epic wake! Thanks to everyone who helped put on the event! It's so neat to see so many riders I've never seen before killing it. Lots of riders like Fred Escalera, Damien Klaas and Ashley Hughes totally made my jaw drop. Joe, thanks so much for all the help and fun, still wish you would've rode. :-) It's so fun hanging out with and getting to meet the entire Epic family! We'll have to ride soon again with you though! Thanks Robyn, Henry, Jacob and Robbie Valdez for all the hard work too! We missed Eddie, but got a chance to ride w/Jacob. Here's some shots I got.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-12-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
Hey Joe can I get a copy of that first pic of the boat? Preferably a full size pic? My email is ftccbass@gmail.com I would like to mess with it in photoshop. If you cant email it let me know and I can let you upload it to my webspace. Actually can I get both of those boat pics.

(Message edited by cbass on June 12, 2007)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-12-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
That shot of Jacob is sick.... so much steeze.

There's Joe representin' CIE style. Nice.

Looks like fun out there guys. When's the next one? I think we're gonna have to roll down that way sometime soon.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-12-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
Evan, August 11 is our next event. Come on down!! Raquel, it was awesome to have you and your family come down. I love those shots of Damien and Randy Murray. It just captures their personalities.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-12-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
TeamValdez! You guys coming to MN for the tour stop? You should come out and ride with me and Colin!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-12-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
Sounds great Andy, check your email!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-12-2007, 10:56 PM Reply   
Naw...that can't be Jacob....not dark enough yet!

Joe....great to see you again...and the pic of the epic on glass is sic. Great job with all the photos..as usual.

It was great to have the Hoffmans down....next time your mom HAS to ride in the Women's masters. Maybe she wasn't old enough??
It was great to see Jarred make the long trek too. We so appreciate it when people make it out for the tournaments.

I would personally like to say what a privilege it is to be a part of this great club. Robyn, your words of appreciation are great and we so appreciate all the work you do.

But I especially want to tell all the people who come and ride and have a great time and support the tournaments how much we appreciate them. This club is like a family but without you the family is not complete.

Robyn...I love ya man...I'll NEVER laugh at you. I am so proud of you!!! And all the other Women's Masters....you girls are awesome.

But when the day is done...whether you worked hard or played hard or both...if you had a great time and make it good for someone else...it was successful.

Evan...come down man....you're missin out!!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-13-2007, 8:05 AM Reply   
Robyn, DId'nt see and email from you! Hit me up at wakeboard1@gmail.com, sounds like we should have a good crew out on Friday morning for most of the day, the weather looks perfect!
Old     (machinegun_funk)      Join Date: May 2005       06-13-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
Joe,long time no talk my brother!! That van is sick. So what's the story,you part of a boat company now?

(Message edited by Machinegun_funk on June 13, 2007)
Old    walt            06-13-2007, 8:10 PM Reply   
The first shot of the Epic is Sick ! Nice hat Joe.
Old     (hwc)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-13-2007, 11:01 PM Reply   
funkdaddy you mean my 14yr old daughter Ashley