Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-05-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
We have the 04 Supra Launch and while we out just cruising around today.... we notice our rear fat sack (which is actually a hard tank under the rear seat) was filling up WITHOUT the pumps being on. Our closest dealer is an hour away, any ideas on where we should start looking first? The pump is not pumping with the power off so it is something else.
Thanks
Old     (lowdrag)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-05-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
Check the solenoids on your ballast system. The solenoid will have a little black lever on it. If that lever is in the position labeled "on" it will be open all the time and will allow water to flow into the ballast system just from the pressure of the water on the intake when you're runnning on plane. If you need more help finding the solenoid and the switch, check your manual, it should spell it out there as well.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-05-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
Thanks Rob. Looking at the manual right now and I'll check the solenoids when I get back to the boat. The manual says to also check for debris that may have clogged the valve, do you know how I check for debris?
Old    shoeish            06-06-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
I had the same problem with my 03 Moomba. It is most likely the little lever in the wrong position.

Our boats have filters on the ballast systems which makes it awfully hard for debris to get in there.
Old     (chilimac)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-20-2006, 1:26 PM Reply   
I am having the same problem.Is there a on and off position on the valve
Old     (lowdrag)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-20-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
There is a position that is labeled as on. This position leaves the solenoid in a constant open state and is used to fill the bag if the solenoid goes bad. The other position is an automatic position which allows the solenoid to open and close the valve automatically when you flip the switch to fill the ballast.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-20-2006, 7:25 PM Reply   
I put both my solenoids in the same position and the rear hard tank is still taking on water. THe strainer looks clean and it also located ahead of both solenoids. My question, if the strainer is clogged, why would the rear be filling and not the front?
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-22-2006, 12:18 AM Reply   
perhaps the valve has debris that got past the solenoid and is lodged in there. I would take apart the solonoid going to the rear tank and inspect that. You could keep the quick connect hose off under the enigine (that's where it's located on your direct drive) and see if water flows through when you are driving after you take apart and inspect the solenoid