Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (kelli22)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-04-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
So Last Friday I went boarding one last time (In WI) & ended up messing up my knee pretty bad.

Friday @ The ER : Sprained MCL, Wear Brace + Use Crutches

Monday @ The Ortho: Partially or completely torn ACL + MCL: Could Be Up To 8 Months Before I Can Ride Again

Monday Night MRI: No Info

Today @ The Ortho: Sprained ACL and Bruised Bones!!!! Still use crutches no more brace (Kinda sucks because Ben Greenwood and Kevin Henshaw signed it last night) I need to go to PT 3x a week for 4 weeks!

SUPER EXCITED!!! Just hope PT goes good

Kels
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-04-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
That is some great news! Congratulations!
Old     (kelli22)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-04-2006, 4:22 PM Reply   
Thanks!! Im freaken out! I could be snowboarding very soon... Hopefully

Kels
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-04-2006, 4:22 PM Reply   
Good to here your all right. I just wonder how you did go boarding in that weather. I heard it was bad up there. :-)
Old     (kelli22)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-04-2006, 4:52 PM Reply   
It wasnt that bad. It was in the upper 50s and I had a drysuit.

Kels
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-04-2006, 7:05 PM Reply   
Great to hear that!!! Eight months sure is a long time to not be riding. How did you hurt your leg? I know wakeboarding but what was you doing? Anyway that is good to hear and I hope you bounce back quick.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-04-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
I think this was more of an equipment issue then anything else... that is why it is so important that santa brings kels a new setup!
Old     (kelli22)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-04-2006, 8:44 PM Reply   
Gordon I think so too . Thats what you get when your a poor college student (I was riding our team board a 03 hyperlite Fluid with Spin Bindings (way to big for me)

Marvin, I'm not totally sure what I did but my best guess is I caught a edge when I was jumping the wake and then my left foot came out and my right stayed in and bent at the knee all the way out to the side. At first I was like OMG OMG OMG I BROKE MY LEG! But then it didn't really hurt but Gordon thought it would be a good idea for me to come into the boat and check it out.

Kels
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-05-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
Kels why is everyone congratulating you on thrashing your knee. Maybe i missed something but i feel for you im not happy for you. Its def. cool that benny g and henshaw signed your cast but its hard for me to congratulate you when your not gunna be able to ride for 8 months. You def. have my best wishes towards a speedy recovery.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-05-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
ahh crap im retarded i just got it!!! anyway best wishes
Old    xtremebordgurl            12-06-2006, 4:48 AM Reply   
Good attitude Kels! Here's to a speedy recovery and many more happy days on the water! Cheers!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-06-2006, 8:02 AM Reply   
With looks like that, a bunged up leg, and the story to back it up... Oh I'm sure she'll find something to do to keep her busy during recovery.

(Message edited by SEATTLE on December 06, 2006)
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-06-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
Good to hear, I did the same thing but to both legs, no tears but stretched/strained lig's and bruising due to double hyper extension. I missed the D^ and came down on toe edge with both legs locked out. Couldn't walk for several days, did the crutch thing to. It was extremely painful but it goes away. If nothings torn, and just bone contusions(sp) you should be riding in a lot less time. I took aprox 2-3 months off this summer when it happened, but was able to get on the skate a little quicker. Still get sore now at times but a lot better than a tear I'm sure!
Old     (wakebadass)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
Where in WI are you from? I have a lake house in delavan and we have a foot of snow on the ground. I'm stuck in Iowa right now goin to school, but its so lame out here in comin back home at the semester. (all we have is a 2 foot deep river that they dont allow power boats on)
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-06-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
Kels. Where were you riding?

Do you ride for UWM? or MQ?
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-06-2006, 11:13 AM Reply   
We were riding in Janesville, wi on the rock river when this happened...

Guys be sure to check out midwestwakeboarder.com,
I will be out early in the spring...
Old     (kelli22)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-06-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
Thanks for the support guys!

Kevin :Im from New Berlin (20 mins from Milwaukee)
Christopher: I ride for UWM!

Kels
Old     (wakebadass)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-06-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
Oh sweet, I used to race for Torque Center before they closed down, and a few good freinds of mine go to Carroll College. So im out that way alot, maybe next summer we could get together and ride. I saw your AIM SN in your profile, Mine is wakebadass. I will IM you sometime and we could talk on there.